Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9496236 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17355 on: December 01, 2010, 04:29:18 am »

Il-2 Sturmovik hates America.  Playing a Zero against a Wildcat, there was a period of 30 seconds or so where the plane flew straight ahead without attempting to dodge my withering volley of fire.

Playing a BF-109 against Hurricanes, it was like fighting the Terminator.  As soon as I get a shot lined up they start pulling out all these crazy maneuvers.  It was ridiculous.

Also, extremely one-sided fights are fun.  Me-163 versus four 1939 biplanes?  Hell yeah bro.

Is the game your playing stright from the disc or patched? The non-patched version had crappy AI for some of the american planes like the lightining because of how they were supposed to be used.

Lightining is supposed to be flown in sweeping arcs into a dogfight then out the other side, using speed to cut it's way through. The AI's coding however sees this as 'Charge like an idiot at the enemy and pretend your a dgofighter plane.'
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17356 on: December 01, 2010, 06:09:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17357 on: December 01, 2010, 02:28:33 pm »

Bad bad weather, I even hear a storm alert siren.  Streets are crazyful of water.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17358 on: December 01, 2010, 02:33:35 pm »

Well, my mom seems to be enjoying insulting my cooking and calling me dumb.

I shouldn't cry about that anymore, but I still do.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17359 on: December 01, 2010, 02:40:51 pm »

Aww... That really sucks vector :(
*Hugs*

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17360 on: December 01, 2010, 02:41:35 pm »

Parents should never actually insult their children. It's just cruel.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17361 on: December 01, 2010, 02:44:15 pm »

Doesn't help to be screamed at for "lack of communications skills," either.  So she's tired of settling for less?  Doesn't like my inability to explain the precise color and smell shallots and garlic should be before throwing in noodles when I have a head cold and have only made the dish once?

Contact the Better-fucking-Business Bureau.

I know I'm a social retard.  I don't need to have it rubbed in my face.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17362 on: December 01, 2010, 02:46:42 pm »

Fuck. Mum keeps ringing me trying to get me to come home... I'm going to need to get my number changed...
*Hugs*

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17363 on: December 01, 2010, 02:49:52 pm »

Moms can be like that. Try talking to her Vector, you know, sit down and tell her how you feel. People don't usually mean harm, especially those closer to you, I'm she doesn't either.
Bad bad weather, I even hear a storm alert siren.  Streets are crazyful of water.
Call me crazy, but I'd (We'd?) love to have some rain down here. The government keeps selling us this water crisis carp, and taking our money in the process.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17364 on: December 01, 2010, 02:55:26 pm »

Moms can be like that. Try talking to her Vector, you know, sit down and tell her how you feel. People don't usually mean harm, especially those closer to you, I'm she doesn't either.

As she likes to say, she's the mother and she holds the power here.  If she's going to find me unworthy, that's her right.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #17365 on: December 01, 2010, 03:01:03 pm »

Tell her I find her unworthy. :P
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17366 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »

Tell her I find her unworthy. :P

Hahaha >_>

Yes, she's the reason why a number of folks have decided they think parents should have to have licenses before they're allowed to raise children.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17367 on: December 01, 2010, 03:02:30 pm »

As she likes to say, she's the mother and she holds the power here.  If she's going to find me unworthy, that's her right.
God that sounds like my dad. "I'm the center of the family, not you, not your mother, not anybody else. It's me."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17368 on: December 01, 2010, 03:04:49 pm »

I find that rather stubborn (for lack of a better word). Even if you are the head of the family, you should mind other people and at least have the common decency to not insult them at every turn of the road.

Maybe I'm being naive, but maybe you could try to talk to her more, see why she's acting that way.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17369 on: December 01, 2010, 03:05:19 pm »

@ToonyMan: The East Coast is getting hit hard by that storm out there.
Pages: 1 ... 1156 1157 [1158] 1159 1160 ... 8168