Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500137 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17145 on: November 28, 2010, 12:57:40 am »

Blegh.  I may be barely sleeping tonight.  I want this to be done and over with, forever.

Yay I have stress sores.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:55:55 am by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17146 on: November 28, 2010, 03:48:46 am »

What are stress sores?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17147 on: November 28, 2010, 03:56:16 am »

What are stress sores?

Canker sores, in this case.  Little ulcers.  In my mouth.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17148 on: November 28, 2010, 04:18:06 am »

You can not let him destroy the Cheetahmen.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17149 on: November 28, 2010, 08:59:21 am »

Ugh I get those.  Actually, come to think of it, I'm getting less now... probably a sign of reduced stress.

Gotta wonder why, when you need to be at your best the most, your body makes it more difficult for you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #17150 on: November 28, 2010, 11:38:55 am »

I don't get those when I'm stressed; I get headaches. Not fun for math tests.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17151 on: November 28, 2010, 11:47:14 am »

Ugh I get those.  Actually, come to think of it, I'm getting less now... probably a sign of reduced stress.

Gotta wonder why, when you need to be at your best the most, your body makes it more difficult for you.

Maybe its like your body trying to stop you from doing the thing that stresses you and instead stay at home and recuperate; like a physical way of saying "Smoke some weed and relax, maaaaaaaaannnnnn."
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17152 on: November 28, 2010, 11:52:52 am »

Steam keeps suspending my download of Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition

And when it does download, the download rate matches a cosine graph rather well
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 11:58:07 am by warhammer651 »
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17153 on: November 28, 2010, 02:17:14 pm »

Just finished shoveling. Took me 30 minutes.

My back hurts, I can't feel my ears and for some reason my jaw is sore.

Why.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17154 on: November 28, 2010, 02:19:36 pm »

It's your profound love for me.
*Hugs*

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17155 on: November 28, 2010, 02:20:43 pm »

What

When would that ever make sense.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17156 on: November 28, 2010, 02:21:15 pm »

Alright, I had a pretty trippy dream last night.

So I was sleeping in the back of someone's pickup truck for some reason, I just remember it being absurdly padded and cozy for some reason, as the we were driving somewhere. When he stopped driving, I was outside in the parking lot of a Walmart or a Target or something, and the driving gentleman gets out and asks me to watch his pickup truck for him. I agree and he gives me his keys, which I set into the ash tray and I busy myself with reading a book or something. A little while later, a delinquent friend of mine hops into the truck, takes the keys and starts driving around with me in the back. I have to wrestle the wheel from him, kick him out, and then drive back to the original spot. However, for some bizarre reason, the spot that he had parked in (conveniently marked for some reason) was now further away from the Walmart. Like, the entire parking lot was further away by a good ten or fifteen feet. At this point I think that I could just steal the truck, but I'm a kindly, honest soul and I couldn't do that. Several more hours pass, and another friend shows up. We wait for awhile, when he suggests that I go into the store to look for him, because seriously this is taking too damn long. So this time I'm sure to take the truck keys with me, and I head in.

The inside of the Walmart has a bizarre layout, meant to confuse and trick people. After finally finding the Gentleman, he says he wants to try out one thing first before leaving, so he grabs an article of clothing and heads into one of those little dressing rooms. Before he can close the door though, the mirror inside opens up and a man pulls him through the opening before closing the mirror back up again. Rather than fuck with the mirror, I jump up ontop of the dressing room and find this elaborate carousel of people snatchers rotating on this mechanism, carefully timed so that when one person goes into one of the dressing rooms, somebody's there to snatch them. However, the gentleman isn't on the carousel, as though he were snatched and then vanished into thin air. I jump down onto the mechanism and proceed to throttle one of the snatchers half to death to tell me where the gentleman is. He tells me to just leave and I'd find him.

I go back outside to the parking lot, but now the parking lot has gotten even further away from the building, like another forty feet further and now it's unreasonably far away from the building, but still within sight. I get up to the truck, and the driver, passenger, and two rear seats are all being occupied by my friends, as though they've been patiently waiting the entire damn time to go somewhere. I wonder if I had lost the Gentleman forever, but then everyone points at the entrance to the store, and there he is, just coming out with a coat significantly more badass than the one he came in with. SO I hop back into the pickup portion of the pickup truck, and one of my friends is forced to get out to make room for the Gentleman, and then we drive off to the better tomorrow. That's where I wake up.

This is the first time in a long time that I've had such a long, detailed dream.

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #17157 on: November 28, 2010, 02:21:34 pm »

What

When would that ever make sense.

Because you were making kissy faces at the computer you could see through the window the whole time?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17158 on: November 28, 2010, 02:24:37 pm »

Because you were making kissy faces at the computer you could see through the window the whole time?

This was in the back, behind the garage.

I was taking the ice pick to the to deep packed down snow.

It was terrible.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17159 on: November 28, 2010, 02:25:05 pm »

I'm sorry, but our love can never be.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 1142 1143 [1144] 1145 1146 ... 8168