Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500148 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #17070 on: November 26, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »

Kitten is still in a fairly bad way, though I've gotten some liquid and moist food into her. Mostly trying to keep her warm, and treating her for constipation right now, as she's not showing obvious signs of poisoning. On the plus side, she's presently purring in my lap.

Vector, the dreams might also have been reflections of stress or emotions from yesterday.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #17071 on: November 26, 2010, 03:34:40 pm »

I had a lot of nightmares last night... kept on waking up thrashing and making little whimpery noises, even though my mom got me to come sleep with her and my dad.  Dreamed I looked in the mirror and saw I had no eyes, all kinds of good stuff.  The main problem was that every time I woke up, I went directly back to the dream I'd been in until it stopped terrifying me.  Then I got something new =/

Subconscious, what's wrong with you this time?
I absolutely hate when nightmares repeat. Or any non-pleasant dreams for that matter. When you wake up from either kind, think it's finally over and then they come back. Sometimes it's even the scariest parts of nightmares, still being half asleep and "knowing" I'm gonna go straight back to the nightmares if I fall asleep again.

Kitten is still in a fairly bad way, though I've gotten some liquid and moist food into her. Mostly trying to keep her warm, and treating her for constipation right now, as she's not showing obvious signs of poisoning. On the plus side, she's presently purring in my lap.
This is good! Just keep at it (making her drink and eat a little) and don't let those poisonaries win, for her and kitties everywhere!
Love, scriver~

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #17072 on: November 26, 2010, 04:36:28 pm »

I can see a kid of about thirteen out the window I usually sit by. He's trying to chop wood with a machete so he can start a fire in a small hole in the ground.

His parents seem unconcerned.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17073 on: November 26, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »

Once had a small fever and went to sleep, which was a bad decision. Turns out Winnie the Pooh in a pink hot air balloon can be incredibly scary in the right circumstances.

I still have scars from that. I never could look at Pooh the same way again.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17074 on: November 26, 2010, 04:44:19 pm »

Oh dear... This *CAN'T* end well
*Hugs*

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17075 on: November 26, 2010, 04:44:41 pm »

Once had a small fever and went to sleep, which was a bad decision. Turns out Winnie the Pooh in a pink hot air balloon can be incredibly scary in the right circumstances.

I still have scars from that. I never could look at Pooh the same way again.
You mean Winnie the Pooh... Tagaryen?!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17076 on: November 26, 2010, 06:11:21 pm »

Sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with the people I'm friends with. Sometimes they are just so clueless or idiotic. Most of the time they are completely normal, but sometimes it's like they are idiots who barly know basic math or have no common sense!.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17077 on: November 26, 2010, 06:43:45 pm »

The typos in that post made it funny.

I am sad because I forgot a tigerman bone doctor in a cage and he died of thirst :(
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17078 on: November 26, 2010, 07:40:09 pm »

I'm sad because I've been reading about Mafia, trying to learn the rules and see the appeal...but I don't. I can understand the rules just fine, but it seems like a chore rather than a game to me. I just don't get it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #17079 on: November 26, 2010, 07:42:52 pm »

I think we used to play a simmilar game IRL with cards. I never liked it too much, TBH

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17080 on: November 26, 2010, 07:56:45 pm »

I'd probably throw the question of "What makes mafia fun" over to ToonyMan for hilarity and Vector for a clear answer.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17081 on: November 26, 2010, 08:00:59 pm »

You get to be a villain holding all the cards or a hero to dig the scum out righteously.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17082 on: November 26, 2010, 08:04:35 pm »

I'm sad because I've been reading about Mafia, trying to learn the rules and see the appeal...but I don't. I can understand the rules just fine, but it seems like a chore rather than a game to me. I just don't get it.

It's like getting to be a detective or, you know, a criminal.  No matter which side you're on, there's all kinds of gambits you can pull... trap-laying, clever insight, intriguing ruses.  Then, when you get past just the plainest version, other puzzles can be incorporated into the game and there's even more interesting problems to solve.  Different alignments, different goals, and so on, and so forth.

It can be chorelike at times, but usually only when you haven't been paying enough attention or asking the right questions.  Slacking off in the beginning of the game means more work later.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17083 on: November 26, 2010, 09:14:14 pm »

Vector, your dreams are a clear indication that you subconsciously want to sleep with you mother.

ohwait, you already went and did that....

nevermind.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17084 on: November 26, 2010, 10:50:39 pm »

The dog was barking a lot this night, so my dad told my sister to put him downstairs. I told her to make sure the gate to my room was secure if she was going to get something from my room. She got hostile and defensive for me nagging her.
 I come downstairs later and the gate is open, the dog is on my bed and there is a pile of poop on the freshly-laid carpet.

First day with new carpet too.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 1137 1138 [1139] 1140 1141 ... 8168