Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499148 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16785 on: November 20, 2010, 04:49:11 pm »

Oh god, the purple dialogue =/

Quote from: Vector, age 16
“Dead, younger and older,” he said.  “On the steps of sanctuary lie Edhaam and Imra—and here am I, ready to cart them into the ground!  Let us mourn them with blood and bones, spilled in the streets to forbid a red flood in the rain.  Let us slay for an end of slaying.  Let us bludgeon innocence to abandon cruelty.  Such madness sleeps in the heart of man!

"Little love, here you must remain in the silent dark.  Do not cry.  Cold flesh will feed willow and white jonquils.”

Oh god, the purple prose =/

Quote from: Vector, age... mid-highschool?
I wonder sometimes if there is not some great irony in how man gained his crystal skies, by dislodging the womb of the earth and taking it to fly away in.  I sit on the backs of ancient creatures, looking at the sky from close but always, always shielded from its wrath by terrestrial bones and antediluvian blood.  We burn the old beasts in our engines, lending our machines the rhythms of our hearts and bodies, bestowing upon them our brains and fury and above all our buried, tacit dream, that singular desire to be something we are not.

I think I have to forbid myself to read stuff that I wrote more than a couple months ago, because it's all shit.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: November 20, 2010, 04:51:19 pm »

Yeah, I know the feeling after I had to look over all my old art when the basement flooded. How did a school think it was a good idea to accept me for this crap?
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16787 on: November 20, 2010, 04:52:15 pm »

Quote from: Vector, age... mid-highschool?
I wonder sometimes if there is not some great irony in how man gained his crystal skies, by dislodging the womb of the earth and taking it to fly away in.  I sit on the backs of ancient creatures, looking at the sky from close but always, always shielded from its wrath by terrestrial bones and antediluvian blood.  We burn the old beasts in our engines, lending our machines the rhythms of our hearts and bodies, bestowing upon them our brains and fury and above all our buried, tacit dream, that singular desire to be something we are not.

WAIT I GET I YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT CARS AND PLANES AND ALL THAT JAZZ.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: November 20, 2010, 04:53:17 pm »

Yeah, that was the inner dialogue of a more-than-half-crazy pilot right before he crashes >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16789 on: November 20, 2010, 04:56:36 pm »

I can't find any version of Franky's Theme that doesn't have a ton of fuzzing noise in it.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: November 20, 2010, 05:01:45 pm »

Also, I am reading Unseen Academicals and I want to stab Nutt to death.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: November 20, 2010, 05:23:16 pm »

I'm feeling weird.
Hopefully its just me being hypochondriac again and not me becoming sick.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16792 on: November 20, 2010, 05:23:47 pm »

I feel your pain.
That book was such a disappointment...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: November 20, 2010, 05:30:00 pm »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: November 20, 2010, 05:30:30 pm »

I feel your pain.

I can't say it's enormous disappointment (yet).  There are parts that I'm really enjoying reading, and all the references to Cyrano de Bergerac, Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story, and Sweeney Todd are pretty neat.  It's also just fun in parts.

But I want to kill Nutt.  Slaughter 'im.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16795 on: November 20, 2010, 05:41:26 pm »

Bah, I was about to start a thread with a question I had from my writing, and then I answered my own darned problem.  I've got to be less effective if I want to do this here.
Wait, independantly solving your problem made you sad?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16796 on: November 20, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »

I have this issue that makes me singularly unsuitable for GMing or organizing anything fun.

I will get into something like D&D or whatever, and I'll be really into it, but then suddenly and inexplicably it'll end and I can't bring myself to even open a book regarding whatever this thing is.

It's annoying >:c
Shoes...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16797 on: November 20, 2010, 06:00:58 pm »

I feel your pain.

I can't say it's enormous disappointment (yet).  There are parts that I'm really enjoying reading, and all the references to Cyrano de Bergerac, Romeo and Juliet, West Side Story, and Sweeney Todd are pretty neat.  It's also just fun in parts.

But I want to kill Nutt.  Slaughter 'im.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Indeed. The whole football thing was a letdown too.

His books are rather hit-and- miss as a series, but I felt he really dropped the ball in some ways with that book.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16798 on: November 20, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »

Condoms are okay sometimes, I guess.....
This made Realmfigher happy, but it makes me sad. Too little, too late, I'm afraid.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16799 on: November 20, 2010, 06:20:55 pm »

Bah, I was about to start a thread with a question I had from my writing, and then I answered my own darned problem.  I've got to be less effective if I want to do this here.
Wait, independantly solving your problem made you sad?

Yup.  When you independently solve your own problems, you no longer have an excuse to talk to other people about your writing.

Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 8168