Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500036 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16740 on: November 19, 2010, 09:39:48 pm »

Give them a Action filled sex scene right at the beginning to get them off your back.

Doesn't even need to fit into the story.

Sex as the pretty gunwoman sinks battleships.

Nah, the professor has this saying that "all life (and by extension, all fiction) is the tension between eros and death."  So basically, all stories for his class have to have both sex and death to be any good  ::)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #16741 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:21 pm »

What about this section of the internet?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: November 19, 2010, 09:41:45 pm »

We had two straight days of brainstorming sex scenes.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: November 19, 2010, 09:42:28 pm »

Nah, the professor has this saying that "all life (and by extension, all fiction) is the tension between eros and death."  So basically, all stories for his class have to have both sex and death to be any good  ::)

Man has absolutely no room for emotional metaphor?  Because, yeah, that'd be pretty stupid.

Come to think of it, every novel I've read with an overt sex scene was kinda crap.  I remember being really surprised when I saw one being hinted at in an X-Wing novel, and then it turned into humorously awkward rejection, several times.  Very entertaining and well written human relationships.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: November 19, 2010, 09:44:31 pm »

Typical uni English class.
hah. I'll offer to read your writing and give feedback if it doesn't contain any sultry scenes of scintillant vampire scortation... sexytime. I've already met the author of Twilight in person, thanks to my old creative writing professor.

It'd give me a welcomed break from my regular reading which is all monk study and my current avoiding writing of anything. >.>

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: November 19, 2010, 09:46:35 pm »

Here's your sex scene.

Terrorists kidnap and plant a bomb in the professor's butt.  It will detonate in three hours unless the DNA-activated killswitch is, well, activated.

Whose DNA, you ask?

Summary:  This professor has three hours to seduce R. Lee Ermey, or he will explode.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16746 on: November 19, 2010, 09:48:50 pm »

We had two straight days of brainstorming sex scenes.

Yeah, I don't need any more sex scenes.  The book I'm working on does have an iffy fade-to-black bit.  Should be enough.

What about this section of the internet?

Hurm... I could start a thread asking specific questions in Creative Projects... can't put up any big blocks of text due to wanting to publish, but that might work well.

Come to think of it, every novel I've read with an overt sex scene was kinda crap.

I've read a number of good things with overt sex scenes, though I really don't think the sex helped the rest of the story--in most cases.  The French get a free pass for as many sex scenes as they want, because they're really good at them.  Usually they straddle the gap between earnesty and irony in a very amusing/hot way.

I'll offer to read your writing and give feedback if it doesn't contain any sultry scenes of scintillant vampire scortation... sexytime.

No vampires, fortunately.

Summary:  This professor has three hours to seduce R. Lee Ermey, or he will explode.

... I actually wonder how they'd react to that one.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: November 19, 2010, 09:49:49 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 01:59:36 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: November 19, 2010, 09:50:43 pm »

Nice avatar.

Probably won't stay long this way.

Yeah. Anyone willing to bet on how long it will be before he's forced to change it?

You all must have short term memories. Kulik has used this avatar before, and you all had the exact same reaction.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: November 19, 2010, 09:51:37 pm »

Oh hey, a new sad thread reply, I wonder what-
-ABSOLUTE HORROR-
OHGODOHGODWHATTHEEHELLLIDONETIVENBOGAMDEmgemjgaeergnqgregaebjenasssshhhhhhhh............

...I'm sad because I just woke up in a pool of my own blood and don't remember why-
-ABSOLUTE HORROR-
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: November 19, 2010, 09:51:56 pm »

Yeah we hate passing up a chance to compliment someone sorry.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: November 19, 2010, 09:55:00 pm »

Only your monkhood prevents me from asking why she's still alive. Your mercy is great, indeed. (It's on topic because bashing Twilight makes me happy, because I am a vindictive and spiteful person)
I didn't know who she was. Mind you, this was in 2007/8? Before it was all over the place.

My professor introduced me to her as the writer of the adolescent novel Twilight. I said I'd never heard of it, and Stephanie Meyer laughed and said, "You don't look like the type".

This was at BYU, of which she is an alumnus. Freaking mormon vampires.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: November 19, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »

I have just made myself incredibly uncomfortable by reflecting on how many times one of the forums I frequent has been so very, very close to being destroyed because some people just cannot move on.

It's still around and thriving, but thinking about some of its history makes me feel incredibly uneasy, because it could always happen again.

(also I always feel bad about posting during one of these conversations. ._.)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16753 on: November 19, 2010, 10:21:58 pm »

Here's your sex scene.

Terrorists kidnap and plant a bomb in the professor's butt.  It will detonate in three hours unless the DNA-activated killswitch is, well, activated.

Whose DNA, you ask?

win
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16754 on: November 19, 2010, 10:38:38 pm »

Here's your sex scene.

Whose DNA, you ask?

win
I don't quite get it.  Draw a pint of blood from R. Lee Ermey and insert it with a device that ensures proper and safe arrival  :P
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 8168