Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499882 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16725 on: November 19, 2010, 05:55:46 pm »

Nice avatar.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16726 on: November 19, 2010, 05:57:39 pm »

Agreed.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #16727 on: November 19, 2010, 06:12:28 pm »

Internet down. It went down seconds after I got home and booted my computer, and I have no idea when it'll be back. Posting this through my phone right now.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16728 on: November 19, 2010, 06:19:56 pm »

Nice avatar.

Probably won't stay long this way.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #16729 on: November 19, 2010, 06:20:30 pm »

the resolution could be better.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16730 on: November 19, 2010, 06:20:42 pm »

Nice avatar.

Probably won't stay long this way.

Yeah. Anyone willing to bet on how long it will be before he's forced to change it?
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16731 on: November 19, 2010, 08:45:56 pm »

Bah.  I'm working on my writing, and it makes me miss having Thyme around to tell me when my characters seem like they're made of cardboard and not-so-subtly point out homosexual subtext.

I hadn't realized how much I relied on having a reader.  Guess I'll have to revert to bothering my dad, though he has the annoying habit of deciding that the female lead is me and the male lead is him >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16732 on: November 19, 2010, 08:47:27 pm »

My mother was screaming at my father while guests were over. Bluh.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16733 on: November 19, 2010, 08:58:36 pm »

Bah.  I'm working on my writing, and it makes me miss having Thyme around to tell me when my characters seem like they're made of cardboard and not-so-subtly point out homosexual subtext.

I hadn't realized how much I relied on having a reader.  Guess I'll have to revert to bothering my dad, though he has the annoying habit of deciding that the female lead is me and the male lead is him >_>
Hmm... you could try getting an online reader or something...?

And wait, pointing out subtext you did put there, or conjuring it out of nothing?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16734 on: November 19, 2010, 09:03:38 pm »

Hmm... you could try getting an online reader or something...?

And wait, pointing out subtext you did put there, or conjuring it out of nothing?

Nah.  Just going to write and see if I can't make some friends at Berkeley.

Also, using every instance of the word "queer" as "gay," etc., etc. >_>
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16735 on: November 19, 2010, 09:15:02 pm »

Tomorrow is the Transgender Day of Remembrance and now I'm reading there website.

Why am I doing this.

Quote from: This kind of makes me happy
*Note: This is the first time a Canadian police force will hold an official ceremony to commemorate TDoR. starting with a rally at Minto Park on Elgin Street between Lewis and Gilmour at 1: 30 p.m. The rally will be followed by a march to Parliament Hill in recognition and support of Bill C-389 that will add gender identity and gender expression to the list of prohibited grounds of discrimination in the Canadian Human Rights Act and to the hate crimes and sentencing provisions of the Criminal Code of Canada.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16736 on: November 19, 2010, 09:22:06 pm »

An acquitance from the dorm passed suddenly from being just annoying (he had dropped around to bother me because he was bored) to going berserk (quite literally). Violence was avoided, but just barely. This has left me in an altered state of nerves, and now I can't sleep. Anyway, goes without saying that I'll take measures so that this guy doesn't get whithin five meters of me ever again. Not because I actively dislike him, or anything like that, but because I take a dim view of his general sanity, and as such prefer that, when he blows up, he does it elsewhere.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16737 on: November 19, 2010, 09:26:50 pm »

Nah.  Just going to write and see if I can't make some friends at Berkeley.

Also, using every instance of the word "queer" as "gay," etc., etc. >_>
Talk to people on a dedicated writing forum? I know they're all full of themselves so... well... Yeah, you're better off asking someone else. I remember when my ex used to post on fiction forums, especially fan-fiction. oh my Buddha.

Also, I have no motivation to write letters or memoirs to people, that makes me sad.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16738 on: November 19, 2010, 09:33:59 pm »

Talk to people on a dedicated writing forum? I know they're all full of themselves so... well... Yeah, you're better off asking someone else. I remember when my ex used to post on fiction forums, especially fan-fiction. oh my Buddha.

Yeah, I have a writing class right now full of "geniuses" who tend to spend most of their time demanding sex scenes and complaining about the lack of action scenes.  Given that that's better than what most of the internet will give you, I'm gonna stick with it >_>

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16739 on: November 19, 2010, 09:38:07 pm »

Give them a Action filled sex scene right at the beginning to get them off your back.

Doesn't even need to fit into the story.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 1114 1115 [1116] 1117 1118 ... 8168