Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9498743 times)

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16485 on: November 17, 2010, 03:00:22 am »

I almost damaged my screen trying to squish Chairman's icon.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:33 am »

Eughh.. Feel like crap today....
*Hugs*

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: November 17, 2010, 05:28:08 am »

Still, if it will appease the class, write in a scene in which 7 eats 9 before blinding itself after seeing 69 in on its kitchen counter.

Dammit, I was going to use this exact joke in a NaNoWriMo story.  Which I won't have time to do anything with until the end of the month anyway.  But still, it was going to be hilarious when people spotted it, because half the characterization of the whole story was going to be number motifs (not math, because I suck at math).

And now I'm genuinely sad, because I was thinking about my schedule again.  I was going to start a thread for spitballing about another game-idea I had, but I decided I'll put it off until at least Thanksgiving break, since I have serious shit to do before then.  And then I remembered that I have to take into account serious shit I have to do during the break, and then it's time to study for finals after that.

On the one hand, I'm absolutely elated that I'm on track to graduate next month.  Holy shit, for the first time in my entire life, I won't have to think about school down the road.  I'll have time and money enough to look for a real job, with nothing but my part-time job taking up my time for as long as that takes.  And even after I get a real job, I'll never have to worry about homework or assignments or studying creeping up on me.  My free time will truly be free time, and I'll finally, finally be able to do all the reading and creative stuff I've been putting off for literally years now.

But then I remember, or more like admit, that "lack of time" has really never been an issue for me, especially since I usually blow off studying and cram assignments into a day or two each anyway.  My problem has always been having ready excuses - I've always been able to kick the can down the road on stuff I honestly want to do, but would require effort, as opposed to sitting around watching TV or playing games, not for enjoyment or fulfillment but just plain old catharsis.  I've always justified it as needing cooldown from my tiring job and the mental drain of school, and maybe that's true.  But the fact remains that I have always worked best with deadlines.  When left to my own devices, I usually just do nothing but waste time waiting for the next deadline, because I've gotten so used to using them to motivate myself.  Ergo, tasks with no deadline, namely the ones I set for myself, never ever get done.

Coming up in one month, my life will truly be my own, and where I want to go with it and what to do when I wake up will be entirely my own decision.  I can truly use my time to do all the stuff I've wanted to, but have been kicking down the road since... forever, really.  But I've gotten so good procrastinating, I'm not sure I know how to do anything else.  And I'm honestly not as worried about finding a real job or anything, as just catching up on all the personal stuff I've said for years I wouldn't have time for until later.  Well, "later" is finally here.  And in the eternal battle between proactivity for my own sake, and procrastination for its sake, I have a pretty extensive history to tell me which one is going to win.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: November 17, 2010, 05:32:47 am »

Been sitting around for 3 and a half hours straight, reading the newspaper, eating my second breakfast, browsing bay12, learning a bit for my paramedic exam and being generally bored.
That's civil service for me...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:38:41 am by Mindmaker »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: November 17, 2010, 07:14:06 am »

I appear to have trapped myself in my room.

Pulled off the door handle, and the majority of it is on the other side of the door. So I can't get out.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:13 am »

This is a Farscape Spoiler.

So if you haven't finished series, don't read but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #16491 on: November 17, 2010, 07:23:15 am »

Pulled off the door handle, and the majority of it is on the other side of the door. So I can't get out.

If you make it fall apart further you could probably just pull the lock out.

Climbing/rappelling out the window is always an option, of course.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: November 17, 2010, 07:25:14 am »

Another possibility is to pry the hinges apart, although you'll need something akin to a screwdriver and a mallet to do that.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: November 17, 2010, 07:29:11 am »

Or a makeshift battering ram, materials permitting.
*Hugs*

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: November 17, 2010, 07:29:50 am »

I solved it another way, jamming a spoon handle into the slot and twisting.

If I was less of a slob, I could have been stuck in here for hours.

*continues to browse interwebs for the rest of the day.*
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: November 17, 2010, 07:30:56 am »

I solved it another way, jamming a spoon handle into the slot and twisting.

Oh, well, you're no fun...
*Hugs*

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:18 am »

I got a weird "In order to be my friend" quiz

I failed it.

It kinda stinks to have someone automatically dislike you because you don't agree with them on something.

Even if that something is important.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:36:31 am by Neonivek »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: November 17, 2010, 11:07:11 am »

It turns out the Cortex Command doesn't have as many garish colors as I thought it did.  This sets back my Slaanesh Marines plan considerably.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: November 17, 2010, 11:08:16 am »

Still no internets at home. Outside line is good, so I'm going to have to run around ripping all the phone lines out of the house. Stupid DSL. I hate you so much.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Creaca

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm Back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: November 17, 2010, 11:10:58 am »

Couldn't find a chibi Were-Rat Avatar. :/
Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 8168