Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500071 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16125 on: November 11, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

Yeah, you two should probably avoid them if you can.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16126 on: November 11, 2010, 05:05:46 pm »

Yeah, we're going to stay with one of her friends tonight. then tomorrow we're going home, I don't think we'll be visiting them again in the near future
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16127 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:46 pm »

Bleugh. Got back two major test scores, of 71 and 69. The later one I spent a weekend studying for. Now normally this would only mildly bother me but not get me too down, but as usual I started to remember my fathers advice as I reflected on how the tests went. such as how I was totally clueless as to how to solte something and eventually figured it ou-"NEVER assume! You ALWAYS do things in your head that are not right that you try to justify but isn't what the professor wants." Alright, I'll try to study a bit mo-"You never take this seriously. This is serious! You always go about doing nothing to prepare and then just blow it off. This is serious. You are not taking this seriously. I can't believe you would do nothing to prepare. This is serious stuff." Still, I can do be-"And now you'll flunk! You will flunk. You have failed and there is nothing you can do now."

All of those quotes have been ingrained in my mind now from overuse.

And I like to take a Vector-like stance on Math too. When I understand what is going on or suddenly figure out the solution it's the best feeling ever. It's all the bullshit surrounding it that always drags me down. My dad, the professor, my own randomly missing something that will bite me in the ass later, questions adding elements that were never explained in their interaction with the rest of the question. Quizzes and tests consisting of like three questions made to be as difficult as possible. My own mental block of this online homework, never remembering to get it done. And my dad giving me crap for each and every one of these, making all of them twice as bad.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16128 on: November 11, 2010, 06:58:03 pm »

Damn, still having Steam troubles?  I saw you go on for like five seconds.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16129 on: November 11, 2010, 07:02:15 pm »

Thirteen year old girls with brains the size of peas and attention spans the size of a gnat think that their such hot shit that if you don't know what they're talking about you must not have a life or friends.

:|
*rubs temples*
I HATE stupid people.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16130 on: November 11, 2010, 09:16:29 pm »

I have yet to find a Minotaur in .17.  :'(
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16131 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:40 pm »

Reading Religious Tolerance Dot Org.

This website is like Wikipedia just so much worse because everything is relevant to my interests.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #16132 on: November 11, 2010, 10:07:16 pm »

is that like the tvtropes of worldviews?

that's crazy, everyone's crazy, NOW I'M CRAZY OH GODDOFINHESIOGNeoigncandlejackengoainegovansmfviasnmgioewhherwadvcvjrfasgrfgasg
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16133 on: November 11, 2010, 10:08:54 pm »

I have doomed you all

YOU READ ONE ESSAY AND TEN COME TO TAKE ITS PLACE.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:13:45 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #16134 on: November 11, 2010, 10:18:05 pm »

I have doomed you all

YOU READ ONE ESSAY AND TEN COME TO TAKE ITS PLACE.
I think I was the one that originally linked it :D

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16135 on: November 11, 2010, 10:21:28 pm »

YOU FUCKER

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16136 on: November 11, 2010, 10:42:31 pm »

Overheard my dad loudly proclaiming upstairs that I was irresponsible and that the cause of all my academic failure was my own hubris and assuming I knew everything. This is because I acted negatively every time he tried to 'help' me(Refer to previous post).
 So I just sort of laid down on the bed and slept for a few hours. And possibly wept.

It is quite frustrating when the source of your problems is claiming you are the source, and you cannot correct them because you know EXACTLY what they will say. And that will be shock that I would dare to try and dump my own responsibilities and try to blame my loving father who has only tried to help.
 Bleugh.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16137 on: November 11, 2010, 10:57:10 pm »

Past the boundary of back.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16138 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »

Damn Toony, always being so endearing.

And that will be shock that I would dare to try and dump my own responsibilities and try to blame my loving father who has only tried to help.
 Bleugh.

Stop caring.  No, I honestly mean that.  I was stuck in a mental trap like that with my own father for years, with his terrible habits and clumsy attempts to "help" and berating attitude nearly getting me held back in highschool.  I finally got away from him on explosive terms, and my performance skyrocketed.  Within a year or so, he'd realized how big a hurdle his own influence was and I'd learned how to deal with him on a continual basis, and we're best buds again.

The length of time we wind up having to hang around family is just a little longer than how long it takes to come to despise each other without realizing it.  Get some space, even just mental space, and watch it sort itself out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16139 on: November 11, 2010, 11:09:40 pm »

Damn Toony, always being so endearing.
Blarg garg it's like a fistbump to the heart. Except not so painful and life-threatening as I'm sure that could be a way to kill a man.

And I already try to do this to some extent, but even that showed up in his rant including saying "He spends all his time away from us on his games. He should learn to grow up responsibility blah blah." And I don't think I can score living arrangements away from home, as the lack of a job, the low financial aid funds, the location of my college and prospective college being close to here and any friends who would rent me out have connections to my dad. I would like to try it out, as that was possibly half the reason those summer camps he forces me to go to are so great.
 And not caring is something that has been dancing around in my mind for a while, but it's difficult for me to just stop considering even somebody who causes me this much pain. As much as he can't see it I'm probably the son he thinks of as the ideal. I don't explode at him in fury because I care for him and know it will wreck him(As well as be very detrimental to me, but that isn't the first thought). If some art college a few states away wants me after a few years and is willing to support me then I'll grab the option immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 ... 8168