Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499818 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #16110 on: November 11, 2010, 11:35:26 am »

I lost my job for 'not being friendly enough' which means that some..... person. has filed a complaint about me.
*Hugs*

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16111 on: November 11, 2010, 12:38:26 pm »

I've lost my jop before for the exact same reason.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #16112 on: November 11, 2010, 02:33:07 pm »

I just drew the maps for the AFMBE campaign.  I closed Maptool, saving the maps as I went, and it simply said "Can't save, access denied" and closed anyway, losing all my work.

>:c

>_> <_<

Zombies? What happened to Deathwatch, or is that iron still in the fire?
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: November 11, 2010, 03:57:08 pm »

So, I had to email one of my bosses today. Turns out, I had been added to another team without being contacted about it first. I had to gently remind him that I'll already be working 7 days a week for their parent company, going to school, and having a family.
Whoa, that's quite a load you're carrying. What do you work in?

I'm a non-commissioned sales rep. Currently, I'm part of the HP, Ooma, Adobe and now Tivo brands. I go into retail stores, teach employees about computers and stuff, take inventory levels (sometimes), and help them sell stuff. If I'm lucky, the employees and customers actually give a crap about what I have to say. Most days, I am not so lucky. All this, and I don't have to worry about sales numbers. I was hand picked by HP to move to six days a week because of the increase of sales in my stores, and then my boss (from the parent company) begged me to take on a day at a second store to help out the guy I trained to go into that store.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:02:06 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16114 on: November 11, 2010, 04:00:53 pm »

I just drew the maps for the AFMBE campaign.  I closed Maptool, saving the maps as I went, and it simply said "Can't save, access denied" and closed anyway, losing all my work.

>:c

>_> <_<

Zombies? What happened to Deathwatch, or is that iron still in the fire?

Everyone recoiled from that iron like I was waving a gnarled tree-monster's dick at them so I moved on.  I might heat it up again some time though.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16115 on: November 11, 2010, 04:21:57 pm »

Bleh.

I can't concentrate today because I'm too gosh-darned energetic, and the feng shui of my bedroom is so hilariously bad.  That, and English class is coming... harrumph?

If my mother weren't home, I'd probably run around the house shouting: "Raaaaaaaaaugh!"  Maybe I'd use 8 a's, though, instead of 9.  More stylish.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: November 11, 2010, 04:22:57 pm »

You could tell her how you're feeling via interpretive dance. That's always good for a laugh.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: November 11, 2010, 04:24:04 pm »

You could tell her how you're feeling via interpretive dance. That's always good for a laugh.

I think she'd just go: "Vector, why are you doing your giant squid imitation again?"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16118 on: November 11, 2010, 04:28:15 pm »

Looks like you'll have to do it in a different way. Think to yourself, "Am I a giant squid? No, I'm a roving secant, ready to cut through circles like a samurai through a tank."

We should get Barbarossa to do interpretive dance, and upload it here. That'd be hilarious!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32:15 pm »

I really have to do something about my bed blocking the door to my room, because it's driving me super-crazy.  Proactivity-tiems :I

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16120 on: November 11, 2010, 04:36:02 pm »

Well, meeting Yumi's parents went about as bad as it possibly could ;_;... Turns out, they're assholes..
*Hugs*

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: November 11, 2010, 04:38:03 pm »

That doesn't sound fun.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: November 11, 2010, 04:39:59 pm »

No, no it does not. That really sucks, Merch. Let us know if you wanna vent.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: November 11, 2010, 04:57:59 pm »

Eh, they were sitting belittling her and generally being dicks, so I stood up for her, at which point they started screaming about me 'talking back to them in their house' Then Yumi started shouting at them, her mother started crying, her dad grabbed her, I, perhaps slightly foolishly, kicked him and was backhanded across the face, at which point we left, her mother the ran to the door and screamed 'cheap lesbian sluts' at us, and Yumi very nearly went back and smacked her one, she then fired my phone at us and slammed the door. so, yeah, they haven't seen their daughter in two years, and when she finally goes to visit them, they start a riot...
*Hugs*

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: November 11, 2010, 04:59:02 pm »

...that family sounds...less than functional.

Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 8168