Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9404566 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15330 on: October 26, 2010, 08:26:11 am »

Recettear is dulling my razor-edged and centuries-honed hatred of all things animu.  This is a disturbing development.
Shoes...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15331 on: October 26, 2010, 08:44:54 am »

Recettear is dulling my razor-edged and centuries-honed hatred of all things animu.  This is a disturbing development.

At least it's not hurting your sense of time.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15332 on: October 26, 2010, 09:03:04 am »

At least it's not hurting your sense of time.

It was the medieval anime Ye Olde Supere Supere Ninjuru Catte-Girle that kicked off the hatred.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #15333 on: October 26, 2010, 09:07:05 am »

Are you implying my use of centuries was a mistake?  One hour of uguu~ is a millennium of torture.
Shoes...

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15334 on: October 26, 2010, 09:45:51 am »

One hour of uguu~ is a millennium of torture.

I was just giving you shit.  But you make a good point here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15335 on: October 26, 2010, 10:51:44 am »

It was the medieval anime Ye Olde Supere Supere Ninjuru Catte-Girle that kicked off the hatred.

"Forsooth, thou'rt supere sexie yn alle thingse y-involving ninja-ism, Nekotan!"

"Verily desu ne!  Uguu~"
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15336 on: October 26, 2010, 10:59:04 am »

Nice one.

Keep in mind also that Cthulhu is, well, Cthulhu and time doesn't really mean much to him. :P

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15337 on: October 26, 2010, 01:15:35 pm »

Speaking of alcohol, a bunch of college Freshmen in California or so were hospitalized after drinking way too much of this alcoholic energy drink.  Apparently the caffeine staved off the effects of being drunk so they drank more than they could handle, one girl almost died.
And that is different from the far more common "they just drank way too goddamn much" scenario how?
(Also, those alcoholic energy drinks are repulsive (even worse than wine, the swill I made back in highschool, and even budweiser), so I call into question how someone could drink enough of one to get alcohol poisoning. I drank one a couple of months ago after about 12 beers (it was the only thing with caffeine available) and still found it disgusting. It was like really shitty rubber-flavored gum.)

I rarely drink to get drunk, generally just having a (decent) beer with food. When I do get drunk, it's usually on cheap beer or vodka.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15338 on: October 26, 2010, 01:41:18 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:41:31 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15339 on: October 26, 2010, 01:45:17 pm »

Mine is low alcohol tolerance, so I can get pretty buzzed off of a largish glass of port, just accidentally.

That doesn't sound like low tolerance.  Port is strong stuff.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15340 on: October 26, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:41:49 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15341 on: October 26, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »

I am officially halfway to 70. Bleah.

Happy birthday RedWarrior! The fallacy in doubling your age each year is that it increases far faster, thus you feel a lot older than you are in less time. My good friend is your age, and his age'd wisdom makes him a darned fine DM.

"Forsooth, thou'rt supere sexie yn alle thingse y-involving ninja-ism, Nekotan!"

"Verily desu ne!  Uguu~"

Trouthe it is, nat lye, wherepon thy blisful showe were bettre, whan ere it were swiched frome Manga. Sauf I myselven spake, certeynly art thou animu dorks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15342 on: October 26, 2010, 02:14:50 pm »

"Verily desu ne!  Uguu~"

Trouthe it is, nat lye, wherepon thy blisful showe were bettre, whan ere it were swiched frome Manga. Sauf I myselven spake, certeynly art thou animu dorks.

Ich must finde myself inn accordans wyth thy reasonninges, but at leaste ye olde animu could stand to be y-heard by mortale ear in its Englishe productionne.  Yon dubbe in Gaul lefte muche to be desired.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 03:18:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15343 on: October 26, 2010, 02:35:11 pm »

Someone has to stop this.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15344 on: October 26, 2010, 04:17:15 pm »

Someone has to stop this.
Why? Ye Olde English is awesome.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 1021 1022 [1023] 1024 1025 ... 8166