Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9403848 times)

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15285 on: October 24, 2010, 10:22:27 pm »

I could never get into any sort of acting club. There's a reason I always write about androids...
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15286 on: October 24, 2010, 10:35:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:30:45 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15287 on: October 24, 2010, 10:36:56 pm »

I took a theater class for two years, but I was never any good at it, sans apparently being good at both choreographed fights and acting scary laughing insane during those fights.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15288 on: October 24, 2010, 10:45:54 pm »

The only role I ever did well was a paranoid jackass who later kills Alexander Hamilton. Apparently I can only emulate irritation (given my one speaking line)?

A one-line Aaron Burr?  Hmmm...

Yeah, my previous acting experiences were downright horrid.  There's a video floating around on the internet.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15289 on: October 24, 2010, 10:53:54 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:34:16 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15290 on: October 24, 2010, 10:55:55 pm »

I did a lot of acting when I was a kid, mostly local plays and such, nothing professional.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15291 on: October 24, 2010, 10:59:34 pm »

People keep telling me I would make a good voice actor and my sister keeps pressuring me to let her make an audition reel for me. And while I might have talent people keep telling me I don't have the integrity to not choke on stage/recording. Even after years of fund raising to total strangers on highway mediums where I can address these people perfectly it's when there is a crowd that I can't hold myself together.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15292 on: October 24, 2010, 11:00:47 pm »

For English two years ago, we did a weird nonsensical play for extra-credit.
I was the Doctor.
My part got skipped, so I just waited until the best possible moment, ducked my head in the door, waved, and said 'Hey guys, thanks for skipping my part.'
Everyone laughed.
We also had cardboard AK-47s.

I have lots of great acting talent, but I don't like acting and I especially dislike the Drama Club at my school.

Meanwhile, about this computer issue.
I mentioned in the Happy Thread that I was going to try and install Ubuntu so I could burn a working disk for a good distro.
Ubuntu is downloading at about 20 kilobytes a second.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #15293 on: October 25, 2010, 01:27:48 am »

I had thought I was work free for the rest of the week, yet it's 3:30am and I've been embroiled in unexpected essaying since 4pm as a prof bumped a due date forwards and never sent out an email informing anyone. Blaugh. Hopefully I'll be done this monster soon and then the sweet embrace of death sleep :o

e- Ah, doublecrap. I thought I was done... and now I find I'm over my accepted wordcount despite filling my arguments only with facts and cutting all the fluff to condense the damn thing. Guess I'm going to have to revise some more. 5am now, let's see if I can finish before... hm, maybe 7 if I take a break.

ee- yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
now to catch up on adventure guy
then sleep, sleep forever
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 04:54:15 am by Retro »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15294 on: October 25, 2010, 04:42:56 am »

The weather outside is shit and a whole day of stupefying boredom at school ahead of me
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15295 on: October 25, 2010, 09:16:03 am »

The weather outside is shit and a whole day of stupefying boredom at school ahead of me

Heh, I already got throught that bit of the day.

In Home Ec though I messed up the salad and burnt the chicken. Ffffuuuuuuuuu~

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15296 on: October 25, 2010, 12:48:24 pm »

WHO WOULD CREATE SUCK A THING

VOCALOID MUST BURN FOR ITS SINS.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 12:51:35 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15297 on: October 25, 2010, 12:51:31 pm »

My fellow student and bro has been in a lot of distress recently and sympathy should be felt for him.

I probably already mentioned him before, one of my bros has been playing football for his whole high school life so far and he is really good at it besides being obsessed with it.  Beginning of this year on the team's second skirmish my bro totally wrecked one of his legs somehow, I don't remember how.  He's not going to be able to play football all this season this year because it has to heal.  He's going to miss the most important year to get into college football.  :[

I can understand why he's angry.  I could see him playing with one leg if that was possible.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15298 on: October 25, 2010, 01:08:51 pm »

No responses yet to my Ragnarok Online fanfiction.  Not even a "this sucks, newb" yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15299 on: October 25, 2010, 03:38:35 pm »

I'm worried about Thyme.  I know I shouldn't be, given that we're "not friends."  She did get around to reading my short story, but she still annoys me, and I don't have any real desire to contact her.

I don't know.  I've told her enough about the dangers of drinking and allowing one's boyfriend to consume one's life.  I can't force her to listen.

It seems a bit irresponsible to just stand back and watch, though.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1018 1019 [1020] 1021 1022 ... 8166