Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 8160

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8944765 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15135 on: October 22, 2010, 10:35:29 pm »

Hehehe.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #15136 on: October 22, 2010, 10:57:23 pm »

Aliens are spawncamping my shipyard construction in Aurora. After destroying all shipyards and ships, they just sit around doing nothing So now I'm stuck trying to fight off a trio of massive high-tech alien ships with an inability to build anything besides tiny 'fighter' class ships. Ships which I can barely fit a laser onto, let alone anything even resembling a deadly weapon. Not to mention the range... I need to at least double it before these ships are of any use at all (they get outranged and shot to peices within 1 minute otherwise).

They have been in my home system for over a decade and a half now, so I am able to research new weaponry while they sit around. However, my homeplanet is almost entirely resource-free, so once my stockpiles are gone, I'm completely and utterly screwed. I estimate I can build another 30 fighter craft before I run out of an essential resource for their creation and end up completely screwed. I have a pair of mining/light cargo ships on a pair of resource rich asteroids, but I can't move them for fear of drawing the attention of the aliens (who slaughtered all other ships in the system).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 10:59:13 pm by alway »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15137 on: October 22, 2010, 11:00:13 pm »

Quote from: Surviving Through Dissociation (http://www.soulselfhelp.on.ca/d.html)
There are times when people are unable to fully assimilate the significance of an overwhelming experience such as a car accident. One of the passengers calmly calls an ambulance, administers first aid, and reroutes oncoming traffic. Once the ambulance arrives, she falls apart and cries hysterically. In order to take care of the immediate priorities, she dissociated her feelings and emotions temporarily. The dissociation allowed her to break up the oversized experience into manageable pieces. These were assimilated as soon as it was safe to do so.

I think the reason I can cope with things as well as I can is because I am in that sort of Emergency mode all the time... removed from the impact of the situation itself, and becoming an effector, dealing with things practically. All the time. I can see the emotions I'm having, but I don't fully Feel them.

Perhaps I am a squishy meat-robot, processing and interpreting and learning, without letting myself get bogged down in the momentary weakness that those sorts of feelings bring. This knowledge makes me feel sad... a feeling which sort of bleeds away, soon after I recognize it.

Hmm.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15138 on: October 22, 2010, 11:00:30 pm »

Aliens...

Sue for peace?  Or are they Swarm/Precursors/otherwise impossible to pacify?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #15139 on: October 22, 2010, 11:07:42 pm »

Aliens...

Sue for peace?  Or are they Swarm/Precursors/otherwise impossible to pacify?
I think precursors or something... As soon as I entered my first jump point, they murdered my 2 ships and came back through the jump to my home system and killed all the ships and such. Diplomacy says "impossible to communicate" despite attempting communication, and only these 3 have come, despite them having been here for 15 years now. Also, these large ships move at over 6000 km/s
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:09:19 pm by alway »

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15140 on: October 22, 2010, 11:16:27 pm »

Sounds a bit Precursory to me.  The Star Swarm are pretty recognizable.  I'm pretty sure there's a third race of nasties these days, but I quit playing before that release.  I suspect they'd send more ships over time, though.  So probably Precursors, and they're hardasses (not like the Swarm aren't or anything :P).  I think you're boned.

You can always SM yourself a new empire somewhere without starting a new game.  As an added bonus, you might eventually find your way back to Sol (assuming you did a Sol start this game) and kick their asses.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 11:18:27 pm by Earthquake Damage »

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15141 on: October 23, 2010, 05:41:01 am »

I'm bored, but I also don't have anything I want to do. Hmm.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #15142 on: October 23, 2010, 08:01:13 am »

streak through town.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15143 on: October 23, 2010, 10:21:11 am »

I fell asleep and missed all of Friday night, what happened?

Also, Sonic OVA is most likely going to be impossible now.  Since I'm at my Dad's house and my only way to livestream it is on his bandwidth with my crappy laptop.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #15144 on: October 23, 2010, 11:23:25 am »

Computer hit by virus.
Fixing itself.

Haven't talked to Armok in ages.

[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15145 on: October 23, 2010, 12:36:13 pm »

I fell asleep and missed all of Friday night, what happened?

Also, Sonic OVA is most likely going to be impossible now.  Since I'm at my Dad's house and my only way to livestream it is on his bandwidth with my crappy laptop.

Toony, if you can direct me to a digitized version of the movie, I can stream it on my Livestream for you. I got me a fiber optic. Several, in fact, bound together in a cable. An Internet cable.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15146 on: October 23, 2010, 12:39:04 pm »

I have a 700MB avi I torrented from online.  I can't see you possessing this unless I uploaded the whole thing (where/how the heck would I do that?) or if you torrented yourself.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15147 on: October 23, 2010, 01:11:39 pm »

Why thank you for kindly shipping the DVD which you legally purchased, Toonyman. It will be arriving at my P.O. Box in approximately 45 minutes. After this, I will be able to put the disk into my computer, and share this DVD with everyone.

God bless the Postal Service! *salutes*

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15148 on: October 23, 2010, 01:16:50 pm »

Yes, let us all be glad for our completely legal and legitimate business on this completely legal and legitimate forum. Said business that is totally and utterly legal under the United States Legal Code. Yes. Legal. Very legal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15149 on: October 23, 2010, 01:23:25 pm »

Want me to PM the link?
Pages: 1 ... 1008 1009 [1010] 1011 1012 ... 8160