Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8930896 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #15075 on: October 21, 2010, 08:20:00 pm »

No, Pathos was Vahan, and he wasn't banned.  He asked Toady to delete his account.  Nolor and Quarr (I think) and WhiskerMeister (And now Malarious) were the same.  Nolor and Quarr weren't really that trolly, although I remember Nolor being kind of a dumpass.
Shoes...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15076 on: October 21, 2010, 08:21:34 pm »

Yeah, you've got it right.  Thanks for clearing that up.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15077 on: October 21, 2010, 08:23:17 pm »

The whole thing with Pathos and his girlfriend was going in a downward spiral, fast, plus his girlfriend kept hijacking his account. It was for the better anyway, for all of us.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15078 on: October 21, 2010, 08:30:56 pm »

I still say he was single.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #15079 on: October 21, 2010, 08:35:56 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:22:01 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #15080 on: October 21, 2010, 08:36:22 pm »

I still say he was single.

I'm actually gonna go with possessed.
By your geass!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15081 on: October 21, 2010, 08:38:15 pm »

Yea, he seemed bipolar or something at times and there were times that it looked like there wasn't actually a girlfriend. One thing is definite though, he had alot of mental issues.

Still, its for the better since it was starting to become a bad soap opera with all the drama involved and everybody was tired of the drama.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #15082 on: October 21, 2010, 08:50:49 pm »

Dammit, thanks for reminding me that due to the order in which I took my math classes in high school I never learned how to factor and ever since I've freaked out whenever a problem requires it. Seriously, all I can do is look at somebody DOING factoring and say, "Oh, yeah, that makes sense". I can never work it out myself, and I no longer have time to learn. Maybe next semester...
This is how I felt until eight hours ago, until I made a breakthrough. It turns out that the explanation "See these two things you're adding? See how these parts can be divided out? Eh? Eh? Lightbulbs!" worked way better than the original explanation, "Factoring? Just do it like you would factor anything else." did. I am now sad because I have all of this past week's homework to catch up on now that I've figured that part out. Yay for complex derivatives!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #15083 on: October 21, 2010, 08:54:39 pm »

horrible headache. I attribute it to neck pain due to bad postures
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15084 on: October 21, 2010, 09:02:08 pm »

horrible headache. I attribute it to neck pain due to bad postures
I feel your pain dude. I thought alternating sleeping on different sides of the bus rides I take would even out my neck, but it doesn't. It just makes both sides of your neck hurt.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15085 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:14 pm »

Excess free time is a blessing and a curse. Does anyone want to play ISketch or CivIV or something?

I'm lacking anything on my agenda for the next 24 hours, and rather than being able to revel in it, I don't know what to do with myself. The roomie is off playing Metal Gear Solid, and most of my friends are busy too. Reading doesn't appeal right now, and last night was a late one (with some folks crashing here at 4AM, after visiting a friend in the ER) so I'm not going to be able to sleep for some time yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15086 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:22 pm »

I'm up for some intermittent ISketch, but can't do anything really commitment-heavy like Civ.

EDIT: Also, I'd poke around in the mafia boards, since there's some folks online right now who might like to play.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 09:29:26 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15087 on: October 21, 2010, 09:31:15 pm »

I'd be willing to play ISketch. The last Bay 12 room shut down before I could play it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15088 on: October 21, 2010, 09:37:24 pm »

I found a picture of me from five years ago and I was wearing basically the same thing that I am now.

Well...

Fuck.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15089 on: October 21, 2010, 10:04:16 pm »

The iSketch room died. MSH Sad +5
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1004 1005 [1006] 1007 1008 ... 8159