Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8930923 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14955 on: October 21, 2010, 12:14:33 am »

Blorgh.  It's only 10 and I'm wiped.  3 hours of math, 2 hours biking, 2 hours theater, and 2 or 3 hours of chores/feeding self.  That leaves 4 frigging hours of... doing nothing.

Fabulous =/

Time to go get a cup of tea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: October 21, 2010, 12:15:27 am »

Blorgh.  It's only 10 and I'm wiped.  3 hours of math, 2 hours biking, 2 hours theater, and 2 or 3 hours of chores/feeding self.  That leaves 4 frigging hours of... doing nothing.

Fabulous =/

West coaster!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: October 21, 2010, 12:22:02 am »

Fabulous =/

Lucky.  It's 1:21 and I'm not even starting to get tired.

I'm playing Hearts of Iron 2 and Nationalist China utterly defeated Communist China in January 1939.  I wonder if I'll be able to bring them to the Axis.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: October 21, 2010, 01:10:54 am »

it's 11:40, and I'm feeling the same way I always do near the beginning of my work day.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: October 21, 2010, 01:24:21 am »

Past 3am here, and judging by when I woke up (close to 2pm) and when I normally get to sleep I won't start getting tired until 10am... but my first midterm starts at 11:30, my second starts at 1 (fortunately I've already completed the essay that's already due at the same time, but still...), and I get off class at 4pm. I can go far longer than that without sleep, but I don't like to; I've hardly gotten much sleep this week anyways.

Bah, oh well. Maybe I'll take a really hot shower until I feel tired, then try and take a quick one or two hour nap then pound back some coffee or something. I have too much studying to do to get any real sleep before this day from hell begins anyhow.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: October 21, 2010, 01:28:30 am »

Tea worked!  Huzzah!  Energy without turning into a raging dingbat!

Wait, that's three exclamation points.  May need to reconsider this plan of attack.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: October 21, 2010, 01:35:30 am »

Better than having your dog grab a can of Red Bull, you run after him only to find he punctured the can and is now lapping at the spill and decide it's better for you to drink the remains than to let your dog drink the puddle.

Except that was a few hours ago so I think I'm crashing from that high. Although that may just be the mindfuckery of Toony asking me to watch Noein with him. My god I didn't remember half this stuff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: October 21, 2010, 01:36:07 am »

Watch out for tea. I've fallen off the wagon so hard I ended up having hallucinations wherein I was being drunk by a giant earl grey.

It gets addictive is what I'm saying.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: October 21, 2010, 01:39:59 am »

And then Baccano is all like let's jump around a lot to confuse Duke.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:35 am »

And then Baccano is all like let's jump around a lot to confuse Duke.
One show of LSD flashbacks to one show where the guy in charge of the script dropped the pages and just sort of threw them back together with no order, mixing up a few scenes from the second episode in there too.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: October 21, 2010, 01:41:45 am »

Watch out for tea. I've fallen off the wagon so hard I ended up having hallucinations wherein I was being drunk by a giant earl grey.

It gets addictive is what I'm saying.

Yeah, I've had tea problems before.  My personal rule is that I don't drink it unless I'm tired, because otherwise it wires me up so hard that I can't think straight and spend basically three hours sitting in one place and jiggling my leg.  So far that seems like a pretty good idea, though if I sleep right after a cup of chai I tend to be pretty restless and have weird nightmares about a. violin lessons or b. flunking out of school.

So yeah, it's definitely a very delicate thing.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: October 21, 2010, 01:45:37 am »

I'm on a five cup a day habit and have been for a year. I live at that stage.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: October 21, 2010, 01:47:00 am »

I never drink tea, can't stand the taste

Coffee, on the other hand, mmmmm.....

also, I lent my brother my bike, and it came back with an overfilled front tire.

I could feel every grain of sand on the road.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: October 21, 2010, 02:14:14 am »

Can't stand Tea? Mmmm coffee? Japa, I'm surprised and ashamed!

I'm finishing a mug of loose-leaf Blackberry Sage tea I was forced to abandon earlier today, when I was dragged unceremoniously off to the brewery. Even so, after a brief stint in the Microwave, it's still quite tasty.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: October 21, 2010, 02:21:47 am »

Also, I'm sad because the woman who was said to have saved five of those six puppies thrown into a river may or may not have been lying to protect the girl who threw them in.
You mean that thing months ago involving puppies differently colored than the ones thrown in the river?

Better than having your dog grab a can of Red Bull, you run after him only to find he punctured the can and is now lapping at the spill and decide it's better for you to drink the remains than to let your dog drink the puddle.

Except that was a few hours ago so I think I'm crashing from that high. Although that may just be the mindfuckery of Toony asking me to watch Noein with him. My god I didn't remember half this stuff.
Red bull barely has any caffeine in it. It's just overloaded with taurine, which while good for your liver (at least if you're a heavy drinker) doesn't really do much to your brain, aside from possibly (the research isn't really conclusive, as far as I know) fucking with it a little, leaving you mildly high.

Tea's also pretty light on the caffeine, I've found. And it has that nasty tea-flavor. Black tea's not too bad, but I prefer a very strong black coffee, brewed too long in a french press, with an eighth of a teaspoon of salt mixed in. I also find I prefer cheap, stale grounds to higher-quality, fresher ones. Don't know why, it just produces a better tasting coffee when I make it that way.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 8159