Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419774 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14580 on: October 14, 2010, 07:27:21 pm »

Here

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

WHERE ARE THE NIHILISTIC EMO TEENS AND WHY ARE THEY NOT LAYING DOWN A NIHILISTIC SMACK DOWN ON THESE FOOOOOOLSSSS.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #14581 on: October 14, 2010, 07:28:29 pm »

Huge psychological stuff, almost permanently damaged my relationship with my best/only friend (Outcast Orange), but that part has been sorted out.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14582 on: October 14, 2010, 08:00:47 pm »

Here

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

WHERE ARE THE NIHILISTIC EMO TEENS AND WHY ARE THEY NOT LAYING DOWN A NIHILISTIC SMACK DOWN ON THESE FOOOOOOLSSSS.

Nihilism =/= Emo (at least with my definition of it).

I personally perceive evil as causing harm and or suffering for no good reason. So the SCP Foundation wouldn't be evil because they have a damn good reason for what they do, but that chick who drowned kittens for no reason would be.

EDIT:

Oh goddamnnit, missed the obligatory obvious joke.
Ahem.
"What is evil... baby don't hurt me... don't hurt me... no more..."

EDIT:

And youtube clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ZGtBA9r8Q

ROUND COMPLETE!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 08:17:32 pm by Schilcote »
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #14583 on: October 14, 2010, 08:12:54 pm »

Here

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

I personally perceive evil as causing harm and or suffering for no good reason. So the SCP Foundation wouldn't be evil because they have a damn good reason for what they do, but that chick who drowned kittens for no reason would be.
No! Bad forumgoers! Don't bring this up again!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14584 on: October 14, 2010, 08:26:05 pm »

Here

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

No! Bad forumgoers! Don't bring this up again! Yes, I approve of this topic.
Oh, well since you're supporting the topic, I can't believe that you'd think the Foundation isn't evil. Hell, I consider them the Most Triumphent Example for Lawful Evil.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14585 on: October 14, 2010, 08:28:40 pm »

Here

THIS IS THE INTERNET.

No! Bad forumgoers! Don't bring this up again! Yes, I approve of this topic.
Oh, well since you're supporting the topic, I can't believe that you'd think the Foundation isn't evil. Hell, I consider them the Most Triumphent Example for Lawful Evil.

No, they're definitely straight Lawful Neutral. Lemme find that document by Dr Clef...

EDIT:

Here.
http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/the-foundation-and-evil
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14586 on: October 14, 2010, 08:29:58 pm »

Arg DnD logic applied to real world morality.

*Twitch*
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14587 on: October 14, 2010, 08:32:28 pm »

My dad is getting in a hissy fit over the puppy we are raising being energetic and rowdy tonight, despite knowing that he was inside all day because he didn't come home to let the dog out, and he knows that causes him to be energetic and rowdy at night. And yet every time we remind him of this he gets all defensive, ignores what we just said and continues to rant about how he's tired and how he doesn't want to hear this.

Dammit dad, this is exactly why I never talk to you. You cannot handle opposition to your view at all.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14588 on: October 14, 2010, 08:35:12 pm »

*Twitch*
I'm applying it to the Foundation, who I certainly hope aren't real.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14589 on: October 14, 2010, 08:36:25 pm »

*Twitch*

The D&D terms apply just fine to real world morality, at least as general terms.

*Twitch*
I'm applying it to the Foundation, who I certainly hope aren't real.

I dunno, they do tend to take themselves pretty seriously at times... :P

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14590 on: October 14, 2010, 08:48:42 pm »

Your Dad sounds like my shop teacher Duke.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14591 on: October 14, 2010, 10:51:03 pm »

Bleh, massive project for Health class.
At least he let us be creative with the cover page.
Of course, when the project title is supposed to be 'Nutrition and Exercise Project,' it's not very creative to write 'nutrition' and 'exercise' in Japanese instead of finding a picture.
But hey, it looks cool to people who don't actually know the language, like, I dunno, all but four students in my class.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14592 on: October 15, 2010, 12:39:36 am »

So.  Vector has a writing class!  One of the assignments was to talk about "the worst thing we'd ever done" (in preparation for potentially writing a novel, because it really gets into 'things we know.').  I sat down and wrote out the entire damned story of Rosewood, start to finish, including the creepy parts I'd never told anyone about before.  I also wrote about the whole mess with Thyme, which is kind of scary in and of itself.  I was scared my classmates would look at me funny or want to smack me around for whining--because sure enough, everyone else's stories were "I shoplifted as a child" or "I accidentally made a really off-color joke."

Response?

"That's a really fucking good story--man, I can hardly even believe it's true.  I would totally read that!"

.________________.

You go, guys.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14593 on: October 15, 2010, 01:02:10 am »

I would guess I would get a similar reaction in such a class. Since really I've done a looot I regret.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #14594 on: October 15, 2010, 02:01:35 am »

*Twitch*

The D&D terms apply just fine to real world morality, at least as general terms.

I...

really?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?
Pages: 1 ... 971 972 [973] 974 975 ... 8167