Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9419054 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #14535 on: October 13, 2010, 07:21:00 pm »

I never brush like ever.

I would suggest starting.  Various things caused me to really slack off on tooth brushing when I was a teenager, and they don't look so hot for it.  But I've been brushing three times a day since then and they're never gotten any worse in like eight years, despite being so worn and vulnerable anyway.  Except for the dead one, but it's already dead, and that one wasn't really my fault because it was impacted like a freight train by a wisdom tooth that never cleared the gumline.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: October 13, 2010, 07:23:39 pm »

I brush and floss once a day, and it works for me.  Then again, I've been doing it all my life, and my parents always made sure I never missed a single dentist appointment ever.  Only ever had one cavity, and it was on a baby tooth that fell out at its proper time later.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: October 13, 2010, 07:23:58 pm »

I have like, the upper jaw of a horse. When I bite down, my teeth fit together perfectly like a jigsaw, but in normal placement of the mouth, my upper teeth are a good two to three feet forward.
What the hell. You are no horse, but clearly a whoers.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #14538 on: October 13, 2010, 07:44:54 pm »

My teeth are oddball. I mean, they're straight and good and all, but they're more an adaptive set. I mean, it's like the more awake I am, or depending on what I'm eating, my teeth will adapt for it. Heck, there's even a visible difference to them when at work (eating something, compared to not eating).

Like just after eating something, my teeth are much whiter and dense, and can just about eat through anything (or so they feel), and my gums become rather tough as well. This seems more relevant when eating any meat that still has the bone with them. A more interesting case involving chicken soup cooked with parts of a whole chicken or beef stew. I don't know, maybe I'm just a full blown carnivore, because my teeth are rather crappy on their own (I have a crown on a near-disintegrated molar, I was hoping a wisdom tooth would replace; I got it, just the wrong spot in my mouth; no pain surprisingly, so no removal necessary, thank God.). If I'm eating something sweet, they yellow up a bit, and show little signs of weakness (more like sensitivity), after brushing my teeth, not much difference any which way. The oddest thing is that without whiteners or much brushing at all, my teeth get ridiculously white after a meal, not so much after brushing. o_O

Add to the strangeness, I haven't committed to fully brushing my teeth for a significant amount of time. I do a clean brushing (no toothpaste, just a rinse brushing) and the only place that shows any wear or bleeding is where my crown is. In any other case, just the base foundation shows some little holes, but they change sizes. I think as long as I'm providing a source of calcium, and not interfering with the process, my teeth are surprisingly doing fine sans brushing. Then again, I also drink tons of water too, so that could also probably be a factor.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 07:48:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: October 13, 2010, 07:48:33 pm »

I'm quite certain that any amount of bleeding and wear is a bad thing.  You don't clean your clothes with straight water and nothing else do you?  That's why toothpaste exists, to use.

Thinking back on it, I believe the reason I did such a crappy job of brushing when I was a teenager was good old unthinking rebellion against my parents.  Like, you guys ain't telling me what to do, no matter how right you are.  Some of you people have me very topped though.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #14540 on: October 13, 2010, 07:51:50 pm »

I'm insanely obsessive about my teeth. Though I currently have braces.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14541 on: October 13, 2010, 07:55:55 pm »

I inherited terrible teeth from my dad. A lot of my baby teeth wouldn't come out on their own, and had to be pulled, my mouth is too small for the teeth I have now, making many of them crooked, and when wisdom teeth turn up they're going to be utterly ridiculous. I had braces, but they gave me nasty headaches and cut up my lips terribly. I hated them.

On the other hand, I haven't had any cavities etc, just a few misshapen back teeth that needed piecing together. Also, I'm English, so I don't care so much.

And yes, we all have issues. If you're that apathetic, you might be depressed. I know it's how I started down that road.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: October 13, 2010, 07:57:58 pm »

I have nice teeth, or a I until I stopped brushing for awhile out of laziness. Trying to get back into the habit of brushing, but I both lazy and forgettful, not a good mix.

Edit:Actuily I was missing my four front teeth until the second set grew in, fell down the stairs when I was younger and they had to be pulled.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 08:03:42 pm by KaguroDraven »
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: October 13, 2010, 08:01:06 pm »

I was born missing two of my second set of teeth, and one of the now-permanent baby teeth got pulled due to a severe cavity. At least my wisdom teeth have somewhere to go now. The other I still have, and will likely have forever. But the bad part? My mother has two extra teeth. I know the obvious answer is impossible. I know there're is no way she could have retroactively "stolen" my teeth before I was born. But seriously, the hell?!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: October 13, 2010, 08:04:19 pm »

I have a friend who had three sets of wisdom teeth. It was odd, to say the least.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: October 13, 2010, 08:09:19 pm »

Half our party didn't show up tonight. Urgh. And we talked about it last night for hours.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: October 13, 2010, 08:17:28 pm »

I have perfect teeth that I never brush. They just don't get cavities apparently.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: October 13, 2010, 08:29:10 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 09:02:15 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: October 13, 2010, 08:44:40 pm »

The Holocaust again. Arrrgh I shouldn't have signed up for the class on it, this happens weekly now.

Aww man. They just can't get over how evil the frggin Nazis were can they. It's like they get off on it or something. Every year it's "DEM NAZIS" in english and history.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: October 13, 2010, 09:09:08 pm »

The happy thread made me very sad today.
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 8167