Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9443555 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13770 on: October 02, 2010, 12:14:27 pm »

I got quoted twice in the OOC thread.

Stop it you guys.

Nothing a say makes sense in context
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13771 on: October 02, 2010, 12:14:35 pm »

I have literally seen people walk off campus at the end of the day, stop half-way in the street, and light up a cigarette. Poor bastards will be dead by age thirty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13772 on: October 02, 2010, 12:15:51 pm »

You son of a bitch
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13773 on: October 02, 2010, 02:06:45 pm »

I have literally seen people walk off campus at the end of the day, stop half-way in the street, and light up a cigarette. Poor bastards will be dead by age thirty.
Eh, at least the don't smoke in school. We have a few that do that, though, I see no point to it as everyone can leave campus whenever they want.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13774 on: October 02, 2010, 02:07:18 pm »

Ach, I hate it when plans don't fall through. I was planning to go to the Renaissance Festival today, and was waiting around to hear from my brother, and the folks I was going with, so we could carpool. Apparently, my brother forgot he had to work, and the rest of them went straight there due to time limitations, and let me know this by Email. ._.

So looks like it isn't happening this year. Ah well, I didn't really have a costume prepped for this year. I went as a Franciscan Monk last time, complete with a little Alms Box (which I sarchastically used as a Wallet). Next time, I think I'm going to rock a well-groomed goatee and oiled-back hair, and go as some kind of nobleman with a poncy doublet.

The weekend will still be fun, though. I've still got my last fishing trip of the year tomorrow, and a D&D Reunion with my buddies, since one of them is in town for a week or so. Poor guy moved all his stuff from Michigan to Oregon for grad school, and then one semester later got an Internship in Maine, so he's now driven across the entire US, from West to East Coast... and after the Internship is up he'll be headed right back. It's a good excuse to see him though. :P

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13775 on: October 02, 2010, 02:11:23 pm »

Taxis can really save your life. I've missed buses, trains, and friends countless times, but I've always been (almost) on time.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13776 on: October 02, 2010, 02:12:55 pm »

The only time I used a Taxi was in New York... and it scared me away from the things for the rest of my life.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13777 on: October 02, 2010, 03:01:48 pm »

The general rule with taxi drivers is "There afraid of you more than you're afraid of them" (Or is that the rule for spiders? Hmm...). There's a higher chance a taxi will pick up a killer than there is for a killer taxi to pick you up. The chances get even lower when you order a taxi on the phone. At least that's how it works over here.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13778 on: October 02, 2010, 03:05:42 pm »

So far I haven't seen a single taxi that just stands around for someone to come around here. You always have to call for one.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13779 on: October 02, 2010, 04:04:52 pm »

There /are/ places where taxis just drive around and all you have to do is wave, and they'll stop.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13780 on: October 02, 2010, 04:08:30 pm »

There /are/ places where taxis just drive around and all you have to do is wave, and they'll stop.

I know there are, but I haven't seen any yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13781 on: October 02, 2010, 05:58:19 pm »

You get them around busy stations and touristy areas.  Cambridge has some in the centre for all the lost people.  London seems to have loads too.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13782 on: October 02, 2010, 06:06:06 pm »

I missed a gurp game because I thought I wouldn't be able to join.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13783 on: October 02, 2010, 06:17:30 pm »

It's pretty much like junior high except less epic puberty raeg and less people thinking they have something to prove.

That sounds like fremen sometimes.

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13784 on: October 02, 2010, 06:19:28 pm »

My school actually has a smoking area for pupils.
Pages: 1 ... 917 918 [919] 920 921 ... 8167