Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447883 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13365 on: September 26, 2010, 11:51:04 pm »

Iaminbed!!
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13366 on: September 26, 2010, 11:51:28 pm »

Still hacking away at my homework.

I planned to take my math test at the testing center tomorrow, but looking at how much I've studied I really can't do that 'till Tuesday, the last day for testing. And I don't even know if the center will be open when I get there.

Bluh bluh, gotta finish this math crap up. It's like, every math problem and solution is like a series of rooms branching off from a hall. The door to each one is shut, and inside the room is a maze. If somebody shows me the first few steps of opening the door and turning a corner or two I can complete 90% of the maze for that no problem. But it's that first 10% of not knowing what the hell to do that gets me as I struggle fruitlessly to push at a door marked pull.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13367 on: September 26, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »

Just alchemize your homework with all the right answers.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13368 on: September 27, 2010, 12:24:32 am »

Ye gods, if I could do that, I'd have perfect grades.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13369 on: September 27, 2010, 02:18:49 am »

It's growing to be a bit more than that this semester. Before I would have some amount of fear of failing so I would try to get things done on time, even struggling at the last moment to finish. But this fall I'm getting no drive whatsoever to do math. Hell, all my work is being met with a giant brick wall. It's not boredom, but more of an inability to begin doing what I need to do. And I feel no compulsion to try. I know I should snap out of it, man up and do what I gotta do, but I need something to do that for me. Something that will last overnight and stay with me.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13370 on: September 27, 2010, 02:21:19 am »

See the above?
That is my life right now (for everything but math, because I find it fun), and is how it was for all of last year and half of the year before it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13371 on: September 27, 2010, 03:33:20 am »

Dammit Criptfeind!!

>:C

I just just just got my sleep schedules fixed and he goes and runs a game till 12:30.  Now I'ma have to do it all over again.
Shoes...

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13372 on: September 27, 2010, 04:24:17 am »

I just spent an hour trying to get my sister's charger to work. It won't work and only charges in bursts of one second if moved in the right position. If the charger is broken because of me, my sister deserves it. She broke BOTH of our chargers and when I said she owed me a charger SHE YELLED AT ME. I am seething rage right now and I'm resisting using curse words.
>:(

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13373 on: September 27, 2010, 05:41:11 am »

When you say "In the right position", do you mean the cord has to be bent a certain way? If so, the wire is probably broken inside the insulation. Try cutting it open where you have to position it just so (unplug it first, obviously), solder the wire back together, and then wrap it in electric tape or something. Then let me know how it went, because my mouse is like that and I'm wondering if that would work, so I don't have to buy a new mouse. :P
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13374 on: September 27, 2010, 06:01:53 am »

Sounds like someone doesn't like his sister too much. I remember when I used to hate my brother... Ah good times.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13375 on: September 27, 2010, 07:38:53 am »

Sounds like someone doesn't like his sister too much. I remember when I used to hate my brother... Ah good times.

yeah, always wondered why you are okay to hate your brother or sister but hating these damn
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
was frowned upon.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13376 on: September 27, 2010, 09:43:42 am »

That's because No are universally accepted to be way cool.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13377 on: September 27, 2010, 09:54:48 am »

Little neighborhood bakery down the street closed down. They had the best maple-glazed doughnuts.... :'(

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13378 on: September 27, 2010, 10:40:47 am »

I'm sad that I'm going to really have to up my patience if I ever want to program a game.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13379 on: September 27, 2010, 12:03:56 pm »

Well, Minecraft survival multiplayer is riddled with bugs.

However, the worst one probably is the simple fact that all of your enemies are invincible.
This is made up for by you also being invincible, but I've recently discovered that the most annoying thing in the whole damn game is when you've got a crowd of zombies and skeletons being delinquents and hanging around where you're trying to build.

To become more relevant, suddenly: I've found that I've started going through a 'big words' phase. I don't know if my post on here sparked it, but all i know is that it's annoying everyone around me, and it's all-around bad for me to: a) have to explain to dumber people what the words mean, b) have smarter people think I'm smarter than I am, and most importantly, c), come to the realisation that I'm kicking what I stand for. (The need for smart people to express themselves with undesirably gargantuan words).
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 890 891 [892] 893 894 ... 8167