Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9490719 times)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #1335 on: December 20, 2009, 08:13:04 pm »

I'm depressed...
I failed my friend, badly.
We both don't feel like living today...

He wanted advice, so that he could confess to a girl, and I told him to just do it, and say the truth and he did that, but she said she didn't like him. Well it wouldn't be bad for me, but my friend is overreacting by a whole lot. I feel responsible for this.
After all I encouraged him.
I hope that his "I give up on world" will pass...
Ouch.

My advice: If he's old enough to drink, take him out for one. Nothing helps like liquid confidence, and a good friend to drink with, to help get over it.

Caution: Moderate it. We don't want any accidents or asinine behaviors to occur. This is only to boost his confidence back up, and give him a good buzz while at it. In that form of depression, verbal advice or standard cheer ups won't work. Alcohol, on the other hand, is quite effective.

At least, in my experience, it's hella effective.

Let's hope he can grow thick enough skin in due time if this is going to be a common result (like my case. I'm a veteran in this department. No success to record as of yet. Getting a date, that is.). It's like one of my design teachers said "When you get out of here (after critique), you'll either come out with thicker skin, or need therapy.". With that advice applied, I'm a Muton. Can't get thicker skin than that. Especially when you're so familiar with rejection (and it gets so predictable eventually, when you think about it) you won't bother asking anymore, and have enough confidence not to give a damn (which ironically, might actually attract more women. They're weird that way. No luck yet on my end though, so I can't confirm that yet.).

My advice to him: Get over it, get used to it, and enjoy your solitude while you still can. You'll miss the days of the freedom you currently have while you're single (it takes time, but it's damn worth it. Count your blessings while you can.). With every rejection, you might actually grow a spine to confront issues more, especially when your ground is challenged (when you're no longer single). Last thing you need to lose is your manhood.

When you eventually look back at how you used to be in the past, you can see the same flaws others see, but don't have the guts (or heart) to tell you when you ask. Personally, a real piss-off point for me. If someone wants you to improve yourself, why aren't they harsh enough critics to point the real flaws out? It just delays positive results.

I hope this helps, unlike how many other shmucks would give (non-)advice elsewhere; or outright insult you like mad (on- or offline). I speak from experience. Good Samaritans, which also give decent advice, are a rare sight to see these days.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 08:20:47 pm by Itnetlolor »

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 20, 2009, 08:19:22 pm »

Thank you, I hope it'll help him.

We talked for a bit later on and he said he'll have trouble sleeping.
Luckily he managed to last only to 2AM and went to sleep.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1337 on: December 20, 2009, 08:22:02 pm »

Another reason alcochol is effective. You'll eventually be too tired (or buzzed) to be depressed, and should sleep like a baby.

Moderation is also to prevent a hangover (which would undo the process, and make him feel much worse).

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 20, 2009, 08:34:04 pm »

Hitting yet another brick wall in my attempts to learn graphics programming with directX.  :'(

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 20, 2009, 08:39:56 pm »

Yay. Drowning sorrows always works.
By the way, for those who didn't notice due to the expressive constraints of "teh internets" - That was sarcasm.

On my own sad note: I got a really... average Overall Position. I dislike it immensely. Consequently, it seems the period of self-loathing isn't going to go away for a long time. I hate this shit. Which is funny. Cos I hate myself.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 20, 2009, 08:51:02 pm »

What do you mean "Average Overall Position"?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 20, 2009, 09:33:02 pm »

DONT TELL HIM DRINKING WILL CURE HIS DEPRESSION!

THATS A BAD BAY12!

*hits with newspaper*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 20, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »

For once I agree with you CoD.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 20, 2009, 10:19:02 pm »

Description of score - Average

Field - Overall Position (OP) - A system used in australia which dictates the intelligence and ability of exiting school students, used in universities to gauge potential candidates.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 20, 2009, 10:25:15 pm »

Darn, I didn't know that.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1345 on: December 21, 2009, 02:57:29 am »

DONT TELL HIM DRINKING WILL CURE HIS DEPRESSION!

THATS A BAD BAY12!

*hits with newspaper*
I never said it was a cure. It's more of a stepping stone to get over things. Consider it like a sedative for overly-sensitive reactions.

Hell, moderation is even a cautionary action to use. It shouldn't be used to drown sorrow, it's to nullify the sorrow to a tolerable level so it can be stepped over and dealt with at an easier pace.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 02:59:16 am by Itnetlolor »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 21, 2009, 03:13:21 am »

NO. ITS A BAD BAD ADVICE.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 21, 2009, 03:36:04 am »

I'm sad because my autoHotkey script doesn't work.

#space::
click 410, 370
click 400, 425

I'ts for this game and i want something that clicked the forwards button and then the backwards button about ten times, click the attack button 2 times and then repeat forever.

God i suck at this.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 22, 2009, 08:30:59 am »

I seem to be in a spiralling depression, while jumping between feelings of either sadness or rage.

This was noticed today, when I entertained a thought of suicide, last done around three years ago.

I miss the happy, simple, uncomplicated me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 22, 2009, 08:32:38 am »

you should consider commeting this to a doctor.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 8167