Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9452085 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #13230 on: September 25, 2010, 06:32:01 pm »

Your theory kind of falls apart in that there are more women than men in the world now. Assuming population trends continue as they are now, it'll be 54:46 by 2050.
Yes, NOW. Instincts aren't recent developments, they are remnants of our less civilized ancestors.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13231 on: September 25, 2010, 06:35:20 pm »

MY DND GAME IS IN 24 HOURS AND I AM NOT READY AUUUUUUUGH

I have two hours to make around three hours of game.

Rip-off a pre-built adventure, work it in somehow.

They are already near the end of a dungeon. Also I got a reprieve, I now have several more hours.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13232 on: September 25, 2010, 06:44:54 pm »

Threshold guardian, puzzle-room, small prize room, secret entrance, another threshold guardian, real prize.

Bam. Campaign done.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #13233 on: September 25, 2010, 06:45:25 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 08:44:10 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13234 on: September 25, 2010, 06:50:31 pm »

MY DND GAME IS IN 24 HOURS AND I AM NOT READY AUUUUUUUGH

I have two hours to make around three hours of game.

Rip-off a pre-built adventure, work it in somehow.

They are already near the end of a dungeon. Also I got a reprieve, I now have several more hours.

The Tarrasque lives at the end of the dungeon. Also, it has wings and a breath weapon. Done and done.

Yay, I can fly!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13235 on: September 25, 2010, 07:00:22 pm »

I just read part of My Immortal.
Never. Again.
I WILL HELP YOU COMRADE!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13236 on: September 25, 2010, 07:00:43 pm »

Also: Gelatinous Cubes. As many as you can fit, and then more because they are made of goddamn gel.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13237 on: September 25, 2010, 07:03:28 pm »

BLEUGH: Repercussions of Solitude

Vector waited. The lights above her blinked and sparked out of the air. There were relationship-starved people in the world. She sometimes seen them, and had loathed them now for years. Her warnings to Bay12 forum were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Vector was a human female for twenty years. When she was young she watched the couples and she said to dad "I want to date guys daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE DISSAPOINT BY PRICKS"
There was a time when she believed him. Then as she got oldered she stopped. But now in the aftermath of the Rosewood incident she knew there were pricks.
"This is Bay12" the radio crackered. "You must stop worrying about gender roles in a relationship!"
So Vector gotted her keyboard and wrote whiny posts.
"SHE GOING TO LOOK DOWN ON US" said the lonely female friends
"I will tell her" said the Good Fairy Il Palazzo and he fired the convoluted argument. Vector retorted at him and tried to ridicule his points. But then the other forumites interrupted and they were trapped and not able to understand.
"No! I must make my point" she shouted
The radio said "No, Vector. You are missing the point"
And then Vector was relationship starved.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13238 on: September 25, 2010, 07:08:09 pm »

I just tried to watch the Star Trek movie. IT BUUUURNNSSS
That was quite possibly the worst 40 minutes of my life. And after I had just watched the Discworld movies too. I could have ended on a good note with those two, but nooooo. I had to watch a shitty movie after two good ones. Completely ruined the experience of the first two.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13239 on: September 25, 2010, 07:09:32 pm »

And Ochita looked at he saw chaos. He also remembered that he was relationship starved and with a smaller base than normal he felt sad about it all. Still the below post was funny to read.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13240 on: September 25, 2010, 07:13:05 pm »

BLEUGH: Repercussions of Solitude

Vector waited. The lights above her blinked and sparked out of the air. There were relationship-starved people in the world. She sometimes seen them, and had loathed them now for years. Her warnings to Bay12 forum were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
Vector was a human female for twenty years. When she was young she watched the couples and she said to dad "I want to date guys daddy."
Dad said "No! You will BE DISSAPOINT BY PRICKS"
There was a time when she believed him. Then as she got oldered she stopped. But now in the aftermath of the Rosewood incident she knew there were pricks.
"This is Bay12" the radio crackered. "You must stop worrying about gender roles in a relationship!"
So Vector gotted her keyboard and wrote whiny posts.
"SHE GOING TO LOOK DOWN ON US" said the lonely female friends
"I will tell her" said the Good Fairy Il Palazzo and he fired the convoluted argument. Vector retorted at him and tried to ridicule his points. But then the other forumites interrupted and they were trapped and not able to understand.
"No! I must make my point" she shouted
The radio said "No, Vector. You are missing the point"
And then Vector was relationship starved.

You didn't even change that ridiculous formatting.
I'm impressed.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13241 on: September 25, 2010, 07:13:50 pm »

To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13242 on: September 25, 2010, 07:28:02 pm »

Damn it, I hate those things.

I've lost more adventurers to Oozes than to dragons. D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13243 on: September 25, 2010, 07:40:38 pm »

Dungeons and Gelatinous Cubes just isn't as sexy a name.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13244 on: September 25, 2010, 07:42:26 pm »

No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 881 882 [883] 884 885 ... 8167