Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9447195 times)

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12315 on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:17 am »

A clone of me would be very different, especially if he went through a different route of interests.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12316 on: September 13, 2010, 12:46:11 pm »

I spent ~15mins writing this, and the some guy on #C does the same thing in one line, one damn line! God this is harder than I thought it'd be.

Spoiler: The one liner (click to show/hide)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12317 on: September 13, 2010, 01:06:28 pm »

I spent ~15mins writing this, and the some guy on #C does the same thing in one line, one damn line! God this is harder than I thought it'd be.

Spoiler: The one liner (click to show/hide)
You're programming in C?

C++ succeeded that, didn't it?

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12318 on: September 13, 2010, 01:22:30 pm »

What's wrong with c? It's just as good as your fancy oop languages.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12319 on: September 13, 2010, 01:48:47 pm »

Yes, but C is now obsolete. C++ is the new, expanded version.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12320 on: September 13, 2010, 01:55:03 pm »

Blitz Basic is better. Totally.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12321 on: September 13, 2010, 01:58:33 pm »

Old is new new man.

Anyway, I just learned that my function only works from 0 to 1023. I don't even want to check the other guy's function. Damn, this keeps getting worse.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12322 on: September 13, 2010, 03:07:57 pm »

I have hardly any self confidence, in my school I feel like a joke and I feel like im in a tantrum sprial into melancoly. Yep my life is great.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12323 on: September 13, 2010, 03:12:57 pm »

I have hardly any self confidence, in my school I feel like a joke and I feel like im in a tantrum sprial into melancoly. Yep my life is great.
I used to be the same way, that poor kid in corner that can't hold a conversation for more than five seconds. Learn to start conversations, and then to keep them rolling.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12324 on: September 13, 2010, 03:16:39 pm »

I used to be the same way, that poor kid in corner that can't hold a conversation for more than five seconds. Learn to start conversations, and then to keep them rolling.
Its hard when you didn't have any social life during middle school. Middle school was hell for me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12325 on: September 13, 2010, 03:18:22 pm »

Any thoughts on taking up a Krav Maga or Kempo class, or something similar? Lots of people who share a surprisingly nerdy outlook, who are mostly friendly, and you get physical exercise at the same time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #12326 on: September 13, 2010, 03:31:25 pm »

Its hard when you didn't have any social life during middle school. Middle school was hell for me.
You sound just like did. Start by looking people in the eyes every now and then and keep your back straight while walking (I used to walk all huddled up), you'll "feel" much more confident this way. Then, after you've got that awesome feeling of accomplishment, try to talk to random people. Starting a conversation is the hard part, but when you've got it going, it gets easier. People won't hurt for saying "hello" or "good morning", if you know that, you're golden. Find a random person you want to talk to, and try to think of something to say, something you two have in common and can discuss. If you're on a bus, it can be "Where do you get off?" you see someone reading a book you read try and start something conversation with that, etc. People love to talk, and they love people who listen, so you're fine as long as you keep the other person talking. Ask open ended questions, words like why or how are great, because they ask for an explanation. Listen to the other person, look at him/her and keep asking. You'll notice you have no trouble speaking to the person, as if you've known each other forever.
Don't do it all at once though, start by feeling confident, and then start speaking to people.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12327 on: September 13, 2010, 03:55:28 pm »

I, too, am sad because of this.

also nice to meet a fellow reader.

Oh man i'm totally going to send you a list of Web novels i read.

Is it bad that out of my five web novels, Three have transsexuals (Well, one has a gay cross dresser) as main characters, and one other has one as a supporting character?

NO BECAUSE ITS AWESOME

I need to get out more
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:03:46 pm by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12328 on: September 13, 2010, 04:08:40 pm »

Any thoughts on taking up a Krav Maga or Kempo class, or something similar? Lots of people who share a surprisingly nerdy outlook, who are mostly friendly, and you get physical exercise at the same time.

Go for it, I'm gonna try Kung Fu tonight and get my as handed to me.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12329 on: September 13, 2010, 04:13:00 pm »

The bus company I use to get to my classes(Called The Bus, much to my frustration when trying to name the company) just had their drivers go on strike this morning. My only options were to call family members fruitlessly to see if somebody could give me a ride or ride the metro for five bucks and an hour and a half of waiting so I can walk for 30 minutes to my class that is half-over by then. I really don't know what I'll do if this continues for more than a few weeks.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 820 821 [822] 823 824 ... 8167