Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8164 8165 [8166]

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9392008 times)

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122475 on: September 11, 2024, 08:25:12 pm »

Relatives call (abuse history and all that of course) not to ask how I'm doing or talk about anything halfway decent. Nope.
"Donald Trump said the illegal immigrants are eating our pets so if you have a dog or a cat watch out."

WTF?  ??? ::) :-[ WTF!?

There was one moron in Canton who is accused of eating a cat (she probably did from video) and her lawyer says she's crazy in court over it.
https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/canton/ohio-woman-eat-cat-canton-police-bodycam-footage-arrest-springfield/95-204df879-5de1-4a07-9aab-10d19aca3ba4

She's not an immigrant and she was probably either on some drugs or having some sorta mental thing. But, no don't believe the police reports and 911 calls and video news interviews. Something, something Trump. Something something Trump. This damn mind virus conspiracy theory crap is just too much sometimes. It is always is too much but sometimes it is worse, and they accuse me of being brainwashed! WTF? Any other time if the police say something they believe it, but now they just don't care? WTF? There's a reason I don't talk to them much.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #122476 on: September 11, 2024, 09:09:05 pm »

What appears to have happened in this case is that some guy in Springfield Ohio was ranting on Nextdoor with the same sort of nonsense that you have often seen toward Asian immigrants and businesses. Which somehow caught the attention of JD Vance, who decided to give it a national platform as if it were fact.

The really odd part is that the same conspiracy nonsense is going off about the immigrants eating ducks. Which is odd because killing and eating wild ducks is usually considered a wholesome and normal activity in this country.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122477 on: September 11, 2024, 10:01:04 pm »

Not our park ducks, bro.

Or, not our good, wholesome, American ducks, foreigner.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122478 on: September 11, 2024, 10:36:21 pm »

What appears to have happened in this case is that some guy in Springfield Ohio was ranting on Nextdoor with the same sort of nonsense that you have often seen toward Asian immigrants and businesses. Which somehow caught the attention of JD Vance, who decided to give it a national platform as if it were fact.

The really odd part is that the same conspiracy nonsense is going off about the immigrants eating ducks. Which is odd because killing and eating wild ducks is usually considered a wholesome and normal activity in this country.

From what I can tell. It kinda did part of what you said. I mean yeah at some point somebody in Springfield ran their mouth without getting facts straight. They may have heard something that had a tiny spec of truth to it, like the girl from Canton thing from the News. That's real but it isn't what they're talking about. From there they probably filled in the crazy blanks with whatever crap conspiracy theory or group (immigrants? Who knows?) and spun it until it was a lie effectively.

I used to drink a lot until I got that under control and stopped and I know fish stories about how things go from some small little thing until it gets blown all out of proportion and turned into a lie. From what I can tell, that's how these stupid things get going. Some small thing gets twisted with 0 proof and made into a lie and then it just spreads.

It's bullshit. It also isn't something we need to worry about in this country when people can't afford to live. There's no plan except even more massive tax cuts to the rich and this is a, frankly racist distraction to cover for that and other BS.

Same thing with the ducks. It's still poaching if anyone does it out of season and without a hunting license. I don't care most of the time though unless it actually starts causing issues.

Somehow this is news..... Somehow this is what people are thinking...... Damn it.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #122479 on: September 11, 2024, 10:43:31 pm »

Its just to give cover to trump's clearly obvious nonsense of “They’re eating the dogs. They’re eating the cats. They’re eating the pets of the people that live there", trying to muddy the waters to pretend that what he said was not insane conspiracy nonsense.

See they say, some haitans ate ducks! That's totally the same as going in and eating dogs & cats! Worse even!
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122480 on: September 11, 2024, 11:01:25 pm »

tbf, the first I heard of it, not long before the debate, park ducks were mentioned.

This was from JD Vance though, as reported by the Beeb.

The really sad thing is, as RBL points out, people believe this nonsense. It’s no wonder folk like Trump get nominated and elected if people can’t critically analyze even the most bizarre shit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122481 on: Today at 03:06:49 pm »

I'm not looking forward to the significant reduction in my savings interest income.  Sure the fed rate changed by 0.5%; but going from 4.65 to 4% is almost a 15% decrease... which is pretty substantial.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much as I'm a net saver and have basically no debt... I should be happy for the people who do have debt they can (possibly) refinance for lower rates.
Pages: 1 ... 8164 8165 [8166]