Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8162 8163 [8164] 8165 8166

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9378401 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122445 on: August 09, 2024, 07:11:01 pm »

Yeah, my gran's got vascular dementia and it's messing with her. Not as bad as that at least, not yet, but she struggles with words, forgets things, makes poor decisions...

It sucks, it's not a disease I'd wish on anyone.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122446 on: August 14, 2024, 01:32:00 pm »

Ah good. Most of the rioters that were brought to court have been sentenced to the maximum sentence according to British law. 3 years prison.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122447 on: August 16, 2024, 04:17:14 pm »

Ah good. Most of the rioters that were brought to court have been sentenced to the maximum sentence according to British law. 3 years prison.

Far-right racist riots, right? Good. No good comes from having those types express themselves.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122448 on: August 21, 2024, 09:09:01 am »

Fucking student accommodation are being absolute incompetents. I've sent them the required documentation through their portal, I've sent it via email when they refused to recognise that, I've had phone conversations with them about it, and they're STILL complaining that they haven't received my documentation. And they aren't answering the fucking phone any more.

I've given up on politeness, let's see if being rude and curt will get their attention.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122449 on: August 21, 2024, 08:35:27 pm »

I had a similar problem getting the college i attended to recognize my proof of address; they refused or refused to acknowledge everything i sent or gave them. Had to go in to discuss with their rep in person. Where he continued to stonewall me and offer no assistance until I asked to speak to his superior. They called security in first, of course.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122450 on: August 24, 2024, 06:01:10 am »

Jesus christ. Afghanistan. A new law by the Taliban has declared the voice to be an intimate part of a woman's body.
Henceforth, women (age 9 and older) are no longer allowed to speak to anyone except their husband, or their direct relatives.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122451 on: August 24, 2024, 07:48:47 am »

Jesus christ. Afghanistan. A new law by the Taliban has declared the voice to be an intimate part of a woman's body.
Henceforth, women (age 9 and older) are no longer allowed to speak to anyone except their husband, or their direct relatives.

Yep. This is what happens when you let these religions become law. This belief system is actively detrimental to human life unless kept in check, because this right here is where they all inevitably end up getting societies into. The woman can capitulate all they want. These depraved man will never be satistifed.

Atatürk had the right idea. Many people here today do not understand the gift they were given and what protections against true Islam that they take for granted, but yeah. What can you do? And they get angry and demand respect when I poke their sacred lie and watch it dissappear in a puff of logic. Respect my intelligence first.

And before any of you "secular muslims" (I know there is at least one here, statistically. Don't know who.) pop out of the magma pumps and that half-dug adamantine vein over there to tell me "It is culture, not Islam"... You aren't muslims. Those who don't apply the Quran word by word and yet claim they are muslims are actually filthy, wood-for-hellfire munafiqeen (decievers/liars/hidden qafir), which are considered worse than the regular qafir (unbelievers/atheists/non-muslims/me). Not my words. Too bad your owm god wants you dead. Keep your mouths shut.

Anyways. Saddened when I saw this a little while back. But not surprised in the slightest. I was actually half expecting it.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122452 on: August 24, 2024, 11:26:45 am »

To argue culture in the instance of turkey is just a suoer illiterate take, the kind of person to waste your evening arguing semantics.

Culture... Surely the country of gobekli tepi and byzanz has a little more history than the childfucker prohpet cult.
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122453 on: August 25, 2024, 01:53:01 am »

I cannot begin to imagine the horror of not being allowed to speak. It is unimaginable torture.

And indeed, Magmacube, secularism is the only protection against fanaticism. Secular freedom of belief includes the right to not believe.

Imagine. You are a 10 year old girl. You just had your first period, so tonight your husband will go inside you for the first time. It hurts. it tears stuff. It does not give you pleasure, because the nerve centres for that were already taken away by scalpel (or rusty knife) when you were 8.
You wake up in tears the next morning. AND THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK ABOUT IT. If you open you mouth you will be lashed if you are lucky. Or stoned to death.

Orthodox muslim countries are so great!

My personal belief is that any religion that does not adhere to the international declaration of human rights should be declared a terrorist organistion and banned.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 02:01:25 am by martinuzz »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122454 on: August 25, 2024, 04:16:31 am »

Relgious feelings alltogether should be private and embarrassing. A la: sorry I am going to pray I know it's dumb please don't judge me.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #122455 on: August 25, 2024, 07:54:03 am »

I cannot begin to imagine the horror of not being allowed to speak. It is unimaginable torture.
It's more restrictive than what I live with, for certain, but not being able to speak in public about any number of topics, on pain of violence and murder... fuck, man, I've been living that in the middle of goddamn florida all my life. It sucks, but it's livable-ish. Just makes for a pretty fucked up human being that has difficulty with a number of social situations, which hey, seems to be the point of maintaining such a society across the globe. Particular band of fuckwits making it de jure instead of de facto law is just making things blatant instead of tacit, blech.

My personal belief is that any religion that does not adhere to the international declaration of human rights should be declared a terrorist organistion and banned.
... which of them do, though? The jains, I guess? The big ones definitely don't with any consistency, islam or otherwise.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #122456 on: August 26, 2024, 11:32:09 am »

on top of generally having an unhappy colon, a side effect of my new anxiety medication includes diarrhea, and it has been an Urgent Problem a couple times now in the past two weeks

additionally, today is beginning to feel like an Anxiety Day, yippee

edit: doctor suggests:
a) fluoxetine (diarrhea)
b) paroxetine (apparently horrible?)
c) citalopram (already tried escitalopram)
d) psychiatrist

i don't even know man, the ssri is helping when i'm not Actively Shitting Myself or Doing Anxiety but i don't know if any of the first three choices will hit both marks and i've already got enough other unpleasantness with the sertraline
« Last Edit: August 26, 2024, 05:21:55 pm by None »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122457 on: August 27, 2024, 01:29:10 am »

I'd say that anti anxiety meds that cause diarrhoea aren't any good. Quit them. They will give you much more anxiety from the fear of shitting yourself in public.

I'd go for the psychiatrist / psychologist option. The one where they don't turn you into a hard drugs addict.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122458 on: August 27, 2024, 02:26:44 am »

Yeah one of the problems with SSRIs are that there are serotonin receptors all over the place, so you get a lovely, broad range of side effects with them. One of the other issues is they take 4-6 weeks to actually have the intended effect, but the side effects usually start up pretty quick.

I wouldn’t quit them without talking to your doctor though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122459 on: August 27, 2024, 04:25:24 am »

Good god, I didn't think the most ass backwards place in the world could get any worse but it has, I guess that's what they get when they let terrorists run the place.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 8162 8163 [8164] 8165 8166