Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8147 8148 [8149] 8150 8151 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9528320 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122220 on: January 16, 2024, 11:37:36 am »

I don't think there's any way but to go forward one step at a time JoshuaFH. I don't think it gets easier living when you are hit by feelings of pointlessness and valuelessness so you just keep one foot in front of the other, get fit, get good food, get out and get rested until you can see things more clearly. Count what blessings you have

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #122221 on: January 16, 2024, 01:10:20 pm »

Hey everyone. It's been a while. I hope you guys are doing alright.

I'm just dealing with the same things as always. Feeling lonely, but the world is lonely, and any possibility of human contact is impossible. At least it feels impossible. I'm getting caught in these anxiety spirals where my life feels farcical, and all my thoughts are farcical, and everything I do is farcical; and I just feel fucking stupid and there's no value to anything in my life and I've done this to myself. I just wish I had someone to talk to, maybe to hug as well; I think that would defeat most of my anxiety, but this is the curse that's been cast on me, and it feels I simply must live with it until the day I die.

I'm off to bed, hugging my pillow activates a bit of the parasympathetic(?) nervous system I think. I have work tomorrow and it just never gets easier.

I have lived half of a century so far and similarly to all the people that unfortunately lack in social abilities when growing up, i found it so very easy to fall into your inner darkness and stay there accumulating depressing thoughts without any hope, drowning in loneliness.
What i found helped immensely is ... putting a "foot in front of the other" as Loud Whispers mentionned, and i mean it -litterally- walking.

Every single day without exception, before or/and after work, make sure to get a long walk (try to not walk slowly, as some fast walk will additionally help your body health in case you don't have much physical activities), paying attention to your surrounding and the people walking around to keep your focus out of your personnal prison.
Don't ever try to find excuse (i'm too tired, weather is not good, etc...) for yourself to just go home because you will learn that the true enemy when you're alone is immobility , being "still", as it's when you're inside of your mind that you'll get tempted by taking pity on yourself and get depressed from it.

After a couple of months you'll notice that the walking activity will have done wonders on your state of mind.

Additionally even if it is not easy due to social skill deficiency at first try your best to greet people you're meeting while walking in the streets with a simple heart-felt "hello", you'll find that people usually and in majority (as morons are fortunately not as numerous as you imagine) will greet you similarly once you have broken that "ice".

Always had in mind something from an Alan Moore story from the eighties :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:25:30 pm by Robsoie »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122222 on: January 16, 2024, 01:25:42 pm »

You're going to make him sad that he made you sad and then what in turn you're going to make eachother sadder and sadder and we shall rinse the world clean with a dilluvial flood of tears... Nah man I ain't done with my ark yet.

Ah that's better I was like is he going to leave it just a quote
let

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #122223 on: January 16, 2024, 01:29:15 pm »

I had accidentally clicked "Post" before getting my reply actually wrote .

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122224 on: January 16, 2024, 01:51:53 pm »

Pff.. Been in my own rut for two days, even the log I maintain is lacunary and lame. But yeah anyway outside does help, I miss it... I'm noticing allready that if I don't lower my sugar intake to reflect the lack of movement I feel like shit half of the days. I want to get back out again but how wise is that? It's going to be a long fucking winter... Ah I get to shovel the driveway... Tying back into the whole I'd prefer people to outlive me - I'd rather break my own bones on the slope in our driveway than have somebody else in the household taken out. That would be way more problematic. Me being dead weight is not news really, what's a month more right ( >:( ) . Apparantly we're getting another foot of snow for tomorrow... It's ugh idk ok? I should stay inside but the fucking ear just left me again after two days and I don't really know why, I was just maintaining the same routine that got it that far... Sitting here feeling like maybe the gamepad clicks too loud and I should do my best to avoid those tiny noises, yup that's the payoff. Now I'm fucking annoyed about babying it. Bring it fucking snow. At least I get to eat normally with the kind of food we usually have around the house.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 01:54:29 pm by dragdeler »
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122225 on: January 17, 2024, 06:36:29 am »

So I brought only my laptop to uni thinking that the fewer distractions I had, the more revision I'd get done. It worked.

The issue is I was meant to be heading home today. I tested covid positive and my mum's acting as my gran's carer so she doesn't want to catch it, so I'm not getting picked up. So now I get to spend however long bored instead of relaxing before term starts. I'm SO. FUCKING. PLEASED.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122226 on: January 17, 2024, 10:55:05 am »

For whatever reason Blackwells no longer ships to my country, or rather, they don't even let me try to buy anything to perhaps ship elsewhere. After Bookdepository this was my last option for getting books in without getting absolutely shafted by shit shipping rates or unreliable ebay sellers.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122227 on: January 23, 2024, 08:06:00 am »

Local anaesthesia seems to no longer work on my jaw, or at least not on the bottom teeth. Four injections wasn't enough to make a filling painless two weeks ago, and five did seemingly nothing for a tooth extraction. So I've had a painful start to my afternoon. Not sure if it was 'local anaesthesia injected into the penis' painful, but it was certainly close.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #122228 on: January 27, 2024, 07:26:43 am »

Always had in mind something from an Alan Moore story from the eighties :
This is beautiful, Robsoie. Thank you for sharing this.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122229 on: January 27, 2024, 02:16:09 pm »

Spoiler: TMI (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122230 on: January 27, 2024, 03:20:06 pm »

I feel like I give this advice in my life at least two to three times a year now. Probably a sign of the age demographic I'm talking to.

Hope all that helps you like it helped me.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 05:10:17 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122231 on: January 27, 2024, 03:33:43 pm »

I have a bowl of frosted mini shredded wheat things in the morning which keeps me super regular despite not eating “well” (as in, things that aren’t great for bowel movements)  the rest of the day.

I probably eat more than the serving size, but oh well.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122232 on: January 27, 2024, 05:03:40 pm »

I tried Bran cereal because it's absolutely loaded with fiber.....would not recommend. I went in with a man size bowl the first time and it was agony. I was crazy bloated, gassy and crampy. I tried just a single serving size and got all the same symptoms, just to a lesser degree. May just come down to gut bacteria and genetics. And granted it was just generic bran cereal from the store. Might have been old, poor quality or whatever. But I would just say consider Bran cereal the "nuclear" option for getting fiber into your diet. There are so many other methods out there.

My big one is protein bars. Quest makes one that has like 15g of fiber in it. That, plus a few Psyllium husks and whatever I get in my diet, made a big difference for me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122233 on: January 27, 2024, 05:14:09 pm »

Bran is horrible, it just tastes horrible and dries your mouth out so it’s tricky to swallow after a while.

Grape nuts are another thing, I think it’s just bran bits, and does all the things that bran does but worse. I thought it would be palatable in yoghurt but holy shit it’s utterly horrid.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122234 on: January 27, 2024, 05:22:24 pm »

I feel like I give this advice in my life at least two to three times a year now. Probably a sign of the age demographic I'm talking to.

Hope all that helps you like it helped me.
To be fair, part of the issue today was I'd had a fair bit of coffee. Doesn't usually affect me, but when it does it really does.
Pages: 1 ... 8147 8148 [8149] 8150 8151 ... 8169