Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8122 8123 [8124] 8125 8126 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529859 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121845 on: July 22, 2023, 01:49:11 am »

Yeah you've got to reign in the natural human inclination to observe tragedy. Makes sense 10,000 years ago where it's very important to remember a tragic event as a matter of survival, doesn't make sense in the Liveleak age where there is an abundance of shock waiting to dehumanise you. In the immortal words of Thomas the Tank Engine "I aint clicking that"

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121846 on: July 24, 2023, 05:28:23 am »

A little tragedy hones empathy, however. I still seek out such media. It makes me feel human again.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121847 on: July 24, 2023, 07:55:26 am »

I'm struggling with the apparent trend (possibly observer-biased) of people getting agitated about trivial things and putting zero energy into things that matter.

EDIT: Simple example - the brand-new water heater we bought for our fish, when set to 74 F, heated the water to 80 F.  Two dead fish, yay. On the flip side, people spazzing about because clothes are labeled with a gender.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2023, 08:42:10 am by McTraveller »
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121848 on: July 24, 2023, 04:41:52 pm »

I'd type something, but nobody reads this shit.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121849 on: July 24, 2023, 04:54:52 pm »

I read it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121850 on: July 24, 2023, 04:55:49 pm »

That's not true, just cynically speaking it's not how the attention economy works. Granted IRL one often wonders if they are even hearing let alone listening. But this is an audience that came to consume whatever is posted on top and there is not enough noise to drown you out.

Oftentimes I don't reply because whatever I seem to come up with is just some boomer ass sounding platitude you don't need to hear again. Sometimes I'm able to convince myself that shit got better but truth be told I can't even tell people to pick the box that is most on the right, they are either too braindead or too petty to respect the time of the truckdrivers... it does strictly nothing to me... and then after you had a few and decide to stop caring... the next one comes up and asks into which box it should. Fuck this clownworld, you matter.
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121851 on: July 24, 2023, 09:14:41 pm »

Instead of some boomer sounding platitude, try some folkloric sounding wise metaphor

"People these days worried if no one don't care no more act all surprised when they sold the world to the devil and people don't act shocked it's gone to hell"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121852 on: July 25, 2023, 01:07:24 am »

Yeah, I read every post in the threads I check here, its practically a part of my daily routine. I just don't always have the ability to say something that feels useful

Instead of some boomer sounding platitude, try some folkloric sounding wise metaphor

"People these days worried if no one don't care no more act all surprised when they sold the world to the devil and people don't act shocked it's gone to hell"

Don't churn your butter before you're over the brook
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121853 on: July 25, 2023, 03:46:33 am »

Yeah, I read every post in the threads I check here, its practically a part of my daily routine. I just don't always have the ability to say something that feels useful
I'm the same way, I even read the stuff I don't care about just because it shows up in the new replies to my posts thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121854 on: July 25, 2023, 10:32:48 am »

Don't churn your butter before you're over the brook
Some folk always ask for more on their plate, but they'll never think about putting less work on their plate

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121855 on: July 25, 2023, 04:20:32 pm »

I really dislike products and services that have prices that change in real time due to various market forces. Especially when the thing I was trying to purchase increased price by 30% in the past week, and it's something I need with a deadline so can't postpone, and the tools available for consumers to hedge are always "in the house's favor" so aren't often worth it.

Yes yes I should have bought earlier, but without perfect information, how was I to know that earlier price was a low, rather than being able to drop further?
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121856 on: July 25, 2023, 05:53:36 pm »

The price of all food products are increasing here with no end in sight.

In 2015, a single loaf of bread was exactly 1 (One) ₺ (Turkish Lira). Now it has risen to 7.5 ₺. And that's just bread. Other foods have skyrocketed up to 30 times from their prices in 2015. A medium sized potato chips was 1 ₺ when I was 20. It is 25 ₺ now. Nightmarish.

Heck, the muffin that was 25 kuruş (Turkish version of cent) in 2015 is 3 ₺. 12 times the price.

This wouldn't be that big of a problem if wages increased in parallel with the inflation. But they don't. Well they technically do, but the rises are merely there for show, and the actual buying power of the wages keep getting smaller and smaller.

The sad thing is that my little brother will never know the days when 20 liras could buy you and your friends all the junk food you could want. He and his friends barely have enough to share with a 50 now.

And you know what is worse? You know what is even worse?! Half the goddamn country is so stupid, they can't even understand why these changes happen. No, this is not reductionist. No, this is not discriminatory. It is just the truth.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121857 on: July 25, 2023, 06:32:49 pm »

That sucks... I assume it's due to proximity to war-related supply disruptions? Which also sucks.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121858 on: July 25, 2023, 06:44:28 pm »

That sucks... I assume it's due to proximity to war-related supply disruptions? Which also sucks.
No, it's mainly due to weakening of the currency. The lira has been weakening since long before the current war.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121859 on: July 25, 2023, 07:04:12 pm »

That had some effects, but no. It was mostly the shitty economic practices that were presented as "Islamic" to the conservatives, and only really amounted to the government running the country into the dirt.

Yes, Turkish conservatives are just like their Murican counterparts, but only much, much worse in every aspect. Make a mention of that blasted book and they will become your herd of sheep. They will even bah!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 8122 8123 [8124] 8125 8126 ... 8169