Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8083 8084 [8085] 8086 8087 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9533332 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121260 on: December 11, 2022, 05:56:14 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #121261 on: December 16, 2022, 12:51:05 am »

Somehow, Kiwi Farms returned.

Anyways, they've been harassing Kitfox and doxxing people, because the chuds got convinced DF is their game and "the queers" are taking it away. Hope they all die horrible deaths like the cockroaches they are. I have good reasons to believe that Strik3r was one of them also.

That tracks with my analysis as well.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121262 on: December 16, 2022, 05:17:43 am »

I've talked to Strik3r enough to know he isn't a Nazi or whatever the fuck a Kiwi Farms is, just because you don't like him doesn't make him a Nazi.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #121263 on: December 16, 2022, 08:20:59 am »

Bulk discount
Beautiful :3

Also aaaaaa, my closest bestie locally is having an emergency surgery near the end of year and the only thing that can carry it is the kindness of others...and having talked to someone who I heard had offered to aid from our local insurance, because wow is there no way to support any of this given the job/pay prospects locally here ever since...err, the latest events over the years x~x

So my time is kinda occupied that way (also worries about jobs given having had physical hand injuries already for...rubbish pay given now knowing stuff as a freelancer on rates being based on the field than where one is at). But also: Meeting bigoted ext fam who would rather I not exist as they teach their children my existence is too mature for them. Gotta love soft erasure. :v

(and to counter all this because aaaaa in happy thread, I am deeply glad for the connections I've met along the way--the power in community and collective care, as well as in narratives immersed and integrated in solidarity)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121264 on: December 16, 2022, 10:46:50 am »

Never make reservation to stay for food at company meeting, first they'll waste your time, then they show up with some pretentious shit, then I go home hungry.

Stupid office farters go choke on your fish.
let

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121265 on: December 16, 2022, 08:15:56 pm »

I'm feeling increasingly driven from dedicated trans-women communities by, ironically, intolerance.

There's a number of prevailing ideas that exist, and any opposition to them is downright crushed. Someone asks for genuine criticism/advice on their appearance? If you don't hugbox you're an undercover TERF. Not attracted to a penis on a woman? Transphobia!

I'm wondering if it's insecurity on their behalf, which as someone who's pretty self-confident nowadays I find really offputting. I'm just glad I still have these forums.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121266 on: December 16, 2022, 09:55:24 pm »

Yep, you should fit right in with us that espouse throwing yourself into a fire to melt off all your fat, raising babies in dog kennels, and industrial-scale mermaid bone farming.

I mean, probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #121267 on: December 17, 2022, 06:28:15 am »

I'm feeling increasingly driven from dedicated trans-women communities by, ironically, intolerance.

There's a number of prevailing ideas that exist, and any opposition to them is downright crushed. Someone asks for genuine criticism/advice on their appearance? If you don't hugbox you're an undercover TERF. Not attracted to a penis on a woman? Transphobia!

I'm wondering if it's insecurity on their behalf, which as someone who's pretty self-confident nowadays I find really offputting. I'm just glad I still have these forums.

I think it's probably insecurity and projecting it into anger to shield oneself, would probably become aggravated by becoming common in a community.

Also current events are probably not helping people feel relaxed about it.

I feel insecurity->anger projection is probably one of the more common causes of communities in general growing toxic. Our cultures admire and respect loud confidence a lot more than meekness and it's much easier to put up as a facade.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121268 on: December 17, 2022, 07:23:00 am »

IMO its just that there are many, many awful people out there.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121269 on: December 17, 2022, 07:26:19 am »

This. Any sufficiently large group of people tends to have jerks statistically speaking.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121270 on: December 17, 2022, 10:31:57 am »

Yeah, but the jerks aren't generally promoted unless a good chunk of people within the group are supportive of them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121271 on: December 17, 2022, 11:54:23 am »

Like I said, there are many, many, many jerks out there. 🤷‍♂️
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121272 on: December 17, 2022, 12:29:37 pm »

Yeah, just look at your average school yard. Who form the majority? The bullies and their followers or the bullied, and the kids that take a stand against the bullies?
Sadly, most people don't change once they're adults. The same dynamics can be seen in most social structures of adult life.

Most people like to support jerks.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121273 on: December 17, 2022, 11:14:15 pm »

Food prices getting high in this town :I
« Last Edit: December 18, 2022, 10:10:16 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121274 on: December 19, 2022, 09:13:42 am »

Like I said, there are many, many, many jerks out there. 🤷‍♂️

I mean

I feel like GO is describing a typical toxic community. Meaning, of course, a community which is either apathetic towards, or supportive of, its toxicity.

Replying with 'people will be people!' seems to downplay the actual issue. People will, of course, be people. But communities (as Bay12 does, for instance) can promote a culture which is greater than the sum of its most toxic parts.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8083 8084 [8085] 8086 8087 ... 8169