Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8068 8069 [8070] 8071 8072 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9534612 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121035 on: September 13, 2022, 11:22:52 pm »

Finally a moment to lay down for a bit...

Grandmother not likely to be alive by the end of the week. Doctor has ethical/liability duty to keep her alive/under observation for a while longer, but as near as they can tell she started having strokes early yesterday morning and has been continuing since, more than one or two. Her vital signs were actually doing better when the doc sent the folks that were at the hospital to get some rest, but her brain is basically fucked. Even if she survives for more than another day or two, if she ever comes to it would be with significant brain damage, almost certainly would never leave the hospital again for whatever extra time she had. Last folks were there she was fully intubated/vented and regularly having seizures.

Grandfather is... I don't know. He's clearly worried, more distracted, weaker/shakier than usual, but it's relatively low key and I don't think he really has it left in him to understand what "stroke and in ICU" meant when family let him know more about what was going on. His siblings died in the last year or two, his wife's basically the only person around his age he had left. He hasn't seen her since she was tubed (did the night before everything went entirely to shit, at least), it's questionable whether he will or not... she was pretty clear in the past she just didn't want to be seen like that, especially by him.

Personally, I just... want basically nothing more than to curl up under a blanket and not move for like a month. Shit's been getting increasingly worse in general life and my health for like the last month or two, pointed and growing anxiety/stress symptoms, and now this on top of everything else. Been trying to hold it at least a little together throughout the day 'cause I'm basically the one keeping at eye on the husband while everything's going on at the hospital, trying not to worry him more. Every week or so feels like I'm pushing things closer to "dead by heart attack or stroke before 40" instead of my apparently optimistic previous estimation of something killing me before 60. I haven't been healthy enough for all this for years, and I'm so, so tired, even while being fucked up enough I never feel like I'm actually managing anything worth a damn, just burning myself from both ends to try to make things less bad. So tired, and it hurts too much to sleep.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121036 on: September 14, 2022, 01:30:31 am »

COVID: My left hand has had the shakes all day and reading comics wiped out my energy by 7 PM. Also I can't really leave my room except to get water/food and use the bathroom because my housemate hasn't had COVID yet and we're in ~California~. So at the latest, I'll get to see people next Monday or Tuesday. But right now I'm just in the room listening to the cats scream outside because I won't let them in to be pet and potentially get sick.

I'm so fucking miserable. I'm going to have to take a major exam like this and I'm in a garbage degree program that thinks that basic sympathy and care are above its pay grade. Maybe I'd annoy you fucking asshats less if you'd be nice to me when I'm upset or ill, before it turns into the type of problem where I'm sobbing in your office! Jackasses!! Shit-bastards!!!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121037 on: September 14, 2022, 10:49:43 am »

Yeah... took her off life support a little while ago, just got the call she was gone within five minutes or so.
Ask not!
Ask!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121038 on: September 14, 2022, 10:53:49 am »

Condolences, Frumple.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121039 on: September 14, 2022, 11:15:51 am »

Thanks. Dunno if it helps right now, but maybe later. Think the worst part for me at the moment is the rest of the family wants to wait until they're here to tell grandfather, so i'm here with him trying not to break down in front of him and it's starting to cost me fine motor control

i hope that recovers, i was already not great on that front
Ask not!
Ask!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121040 on: September 14, 2022, 11:38:12 am »

There are others? These people have my most skeptical stink-eye.

Anyway, condoleances. (and GL)
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121041 on: September 14, 2022, 11:50:19 am »

Yeah, they've been at the hospital with my grandmother, dealing with everything else going on. No need for stink eye, I think... they're trying, it's just the circumstances involved have kept them away from where I'm at a lot for the last bit.
Ask not!
Ask!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #121042 on: September 14, 2022, 11:56:11 am »

My heartfelt condolences, Frumple. It's a stupid statement, but try to get some rest. Don't forget that your grandfather isn't the only one mourning and dealing with difficult circumstances- you are too.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121043 on: September 14, 2022, 12:25:36 pm »

I'll get some eventually. Probably some point after his kids actually tell him his wife's dead.

... don't disagree with them wanting to tell him in person, mind. It's just making things rough in the interim. If this stuff doesn't actually kill me, it'll hopefully work out as okay as things can. Just take some time.
Ask not!
Ask!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121044 on: September 15, 2022, 05:01:24 am »

Sorry for your loss.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121045 on: September 15, 2022, 12:23:46 pm »

Condolences.
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121046 on: September 15, 2022, 11:32:26 pm »

-
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121047 on: September 16, 2022, 06:36:46 pm »

That's too young, Magmacube. Sadly it's all too common for people to pass away after slipping a small distance. I wish you and your family all the best

Thanks for the thought.

I'll get some eventually. Probably some point after his kids actually tell him his wife's dead.

... don't disagree with them wanting to tell him in person, mind. It's just making things rough in the interim. If this stuff doesn't actually kill me, it'll hopefully work out as okay as things can. Just take some time.

Hope you and your family be alright.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2022, 06:38:20 pm by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121048 on: September 18, 2022, 09:55:20 am »

Saw a video where two bike robbers got shot.

What I find really depressing is the number of people who think that a two human lives are worth less than a motorbike. I mean, they're shitty people, but goddamn there's a justice system for a reason. The comments were filled with "Yeah, it was deserved" and stuff like that.

Sometimes it feels like the whole world's really fucking psychopathic and filled with people just waiting for an excuse to stab or shoot you. This isn't the first incident where I've seen people justifying this kind of thing, and it's not the least serious either. I've had people lament the fact that, once a situation is deescalated, you're not allowed to just shoot the guy anyways with plenty of support.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121049 on: September 21, 2022, 11:35:49 pm »

Got high and watched the first ~40 minutes of Thor Love and Thunder.
I was like "this whole thing is complete shit and a disjointed mess" but then I went "maybe I would like it more or follow it more if I wasn't high".

And the answer to that was yes, but only a tiny bit. Its still shit. I ended up caring about pretty much nothing that happened in the entire movie.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 8068 8069 [8070] 8071 8072 ... 8169