Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8057 8058 [8059] 8060 8061 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9538862 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120870 on: July 18, 2022, 12:06:15 pm »

What kind of legit medical thing requires a pill made of shit?

A particularly sadistic placebo.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120871 on: July 18, 2022, 12:44:54 pm »

You're wrong
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120872 on: July 18, 2022, 12:47:27 pm »

lol dude needs a bed time manner transplant stat

:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120873 on: July 18, 2022, 01:59:03 pm »

Chairman only goes in to see his patients at night-time when they’re sleeping.

’cause he’s a vampire you filthy bastards
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120874 on: July 18, 2022, 02:06:34 pm »

When my gut get mad
And won't be still
I grab my box and i take out a pill
Of all the germs that make my stomach mill
You make my
Shitpill
Modern shakespeare

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120876 on: July 18, 2022, 03:36:03 pm »

I worked on a little VR Film about the double standards and difficulties surrounding adopting as a queer parent in the UK. It ended up doing well enough that it got nominated for some awards, and we all were invited to [Prestigious International Film Festival I'm Not Technically Allowed To Name Yet].

I'm probably SUPPOSED to be more excited about this, or more ready to like... jump at the chance to network professionally. I know it's a fairly rare opportunity, and is a big way people secure better work, and all that. But the thought of going to the festival just stresses me the heck out? And I guess that's got me feeling down too.

Even if I ignore the ongoing plague and heat wave... I'd definitely feel the travel costs. Plane tickets to [Large Italian City], and hotels, and eating at restaurants for several days would easily burn through most of my savings right now, and I'm struggling enough with food and rent. And though I'd love to see other people's work, I don't think I'd enjoy it as an Industry Hobnobbing Event, or have the social energy to make good use of it either?

If it's all the same to everyone, I would like to just stay in my gay little workshop being paid to make my gay little projects, let people engage with my work instead of me, and just like.... not be perceived. That would be ideal, thanks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120877 on: July 18, 2022, 03:58:20 pm »

You have to network all the events

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120878 on: July 18, 2022, 04:09:41 pm »

You can't make me.

I am going to sit at home, and make an elegant and efficient triplanar shader instead. >:I

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #120879 on: July 18, 2022, 04:13:44 pm »

You can let them know you won't be able to make it, unless they can help find/pay for travel costs, or send them a memo you'd like them to read in your stead if you don't go/don't want to be on stage (if that's even a thing)

If there are people who want to meet you for some reason, they can call/email you too. Make sure they know that's an option.

Give them a business card. Bitchesbusinesses love business cards
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120880 on: July 18, 2022, 04:54:12 pm »

If you’re looking at this for a career you might go just for the networking opportunity. Then you might get to make gay big projects.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120881 on: July 18, 2022, 06:18:56 pm »

I mean, my career has been in freelance tech art and 3D dev for a while now, but this is was my first VR gig, yeah.

A close friend referred me to them to rescue their project after some bad hiring calls, and my clients want me back later this summer, so I for sure have SOME recurring VR work. And I could see myself enjoying working on more films and interactive VR, especially under less crunchy conditions?

But my clients can't pay for any expenses beyond the 400 euro I'd need just to get into the dang festival. And it's currently miserably hot, expensive, super crowded, and exposed to Much Disease... so like, quintessential Venetian experience if you're into that, but Guhhhhhh...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120882 on: July 19, 2022, 03:48:10 am »

As far as I'm aware the only way to move up in the world of film making of any kind is to know the right people and the only way to do that is to meet them, but then again not having a lot of money can get in the way of that sort of thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120883 on: July 19, 2022, 04:16:42 am »

Film festivals are basically just cons for film nerds, right? I've seen a fair number of people say that cons are more amazing than you could expect, but maybe those people are all extraverts.
Also don't go if you don't wanna get sick because you will.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120884 on: July 19, 2022, 04:52:39 am »

So far I've been to one networking conference, but that was all expenses except travel paid, and I caught the coof on it anyways. Is networking worth it? Idk but I got free food and they're not offering you free food
Pages: 1 ... 8057 8058 [8059] 8060 8061 ... 8169