Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455235 times)

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12075 on: September 11, 2010, 10:18:12 pm »

You say you signaled for "help" all over the place, but you never thought to just ask?  What in the world was stopping you?
If you want to air how awful you think your life is, go make a thread in Life Advice so we can ignore it.

Like I said, the positive responses from people who are just good people like Vector are the reason why I loved this community. It's clear that some people do want to help, or at the very least want to appear like they would help, but it doesn't matter at this point. There is enough negativity surrounding this issue that it would be pointless to try to forget it. I really don't want to cause drama. It's stupid. Everyone on these forums are fine. I'm just really emotionally unstable, and this is just my coping mechanism.
Bandages,

I don't think we know each other. However, I've been on the internet for the majority of my life. I see how it works. If you want friends. People to care for. Go outside, Make friends. Join clubs, take up activities. If you want the pure emotionless human incarnate distilled into a few sentences, go on a internet forum.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: September 11, 2010, 10:18:49 pm »

Im sorry for everything I said. Everything I didn't say. I love you like a brother bandages. I know that sounds kind of weird, but it's true. Some people might even think Im joking, but this isent a joke. Dont leave. I cant make promises for anyone else, but I wont laugh at you. Who cares what Aqizzar said? He's just a jerk. Dont even listen to him. You're better then that Bandages.

You're the man Bandages. You're gonna win this thing. On this fourm or off it. I believe in you.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: September 11, 2010, 10:24:01 pm »

All copies of RIT library's book Godel, Escher, Bach were checked out years ago and never returned. :(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: September 11, 2010, 10:24:21 pm »

Truthfully, I work hard in school so that one day I can produce my Ph. D and say "See? I'm a fucking Doctor of Drama".
If that's your reasoning, it would be much better to get a Ph. D in space-based physics and get hired by NASA.

Sarcastic Person: "Oh what are you, a rocket scient-"
You: (Shoves Doctorate in their face) "BAM, motherfucker!"
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: September 11, 2010, 10:31:26 pm »

Sarcastic Person: "Oh what are you, a rocket scient-"
Barely anybody uses that line where I live. Probably because everybody's a rocket scientist here except me. Which is an exaggeration of course, but there is a metric fuckton of them here.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: September 11, 2010, 10:34:18 pm »

That, of course, means you should become a Neurosurgeon.

"What is this, brain surgery?"
"Yes. Yes, it is. Now put a mask on and hand me the bonesaw."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: September 11, 2010, 10:37:26 pm »

Alternatively, you could get degrees in 50 different subjects from a diploma mill so you can tell people that you are, in fact, qualified to do anything you want.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: September 11, 2010, 10:37:35 pm »

That, of course, means you should become a NeuroCardiovascularsurgeon.

"What is this, brain surgery Great, what's next, open-heart surgery?"
"Yes. Yes, it is. Child's play! Now put a mask on and hand me the rib spreader bonesaw."
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: September 11, 2010, 10:38:29 pm »

Right, this whole bandages thing is totally all human emotional bullshit, and so I have no real idea what the hell is happening, but I'd just like to say that no matter what your part in this whole affair, you all fail for giving a shit. Seriously.

Also, it appears that I will be sleeping on the sidewalk tonight.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: September 11, 2010, 10:40:32 pm »

Schilcote, how in the hell will you be sleeping on the sidewalk tonight with internet access now?
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: September 11, 2010, 10:47:47 pm »

Schilcote, how in the hell will you be sleeping on the sidewalk tonight with internet access now?

Hotel.
Full explaination: I am in a hotel room with my father. He snores loud enough that I cannot drown out the noise with anything quiet enough to not wake him up. Why he doesn't wake himself up with his snoring I do not know. What I do know is that I'm rolling 1d6 for SAN loss every two seconds, and I was born with about -10. I can barely sleep in even the most favorable conditions, and of course I actually need to sleep tonight because of the muscle fatigue I mentioned earlier.

I really should have gone through with that whole "kill everyone I know including myself with improvised explosives" plan I had when I was in fifth grade.

EDIT:

Though suddenly, it seems my mental faculties have returned in full, and as long as I have the Cave Story soundtrack playing at medium volume...
I guess I just needed to lie down for a minute. Huh. My brain is weird.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12086 on: September 11, 2010, 10:51:49 pm »

Just lay down in the dark and don't be concerned about your father. Fatigue will cause your brain to tune him out eventually, and then you'll be asleep in no time at all.
No Gods, No Masters.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: September 11, 2010, 10:57:22 pm »

Just lay down in the dark and don't be concerned about your father. Fatigue will cause your brain to tune him out eventually, and then you'll be asleep in no time at all.

My brain doesn't work like yours does. I can't just "tune things out". ahhshitmentaldisruption

sowasdf;

More volume. He's snoring lounder. Hlike I was saying, things that annoy me sort of screw things up in my head and it hutrs alot. and stuff sanity and stuff and stuff.'ow

think I'm just going to take my machine outside, there should be outlets otue htert, if i can just avoi waiking him up I can;t defend my self...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12088 on: September 11, 2010, 11:03:17 pm »

The more you say these things, the more doubt that I find cast upon them. Like mashing sentences together whenever something bothers you in reality. "Can't defend yourself"? Is your father abusive?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:10:23 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:48 pm »

All copies of RIT library's book Godel, Escher, Bach were checked out years ago and never returned. :(

O_O

No!  No, this is very bad!  You might be able to get a copy cheap at a yardsale, or something... or at the NY public library?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 8167