Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8043 8044 [8045] 8046 8047 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500529 times)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120660 on: April 02, 2022, 10:20:15 pm »

I want to see him publicly hanged.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120661 on: April 02, 2022, 10:27:59 pm »

I'd settle for him being quietly shot and tossed in an unmarked grave. Which is far more likely.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120662 on: April 02, 2022, 10:53:37 pm »

Same, I just want him to die, I don't care how it happens and I would prefer it to be a drawn-out death full of suffering, but PUTIN MUST DIE!
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120663 on: April 03, 2022, 05:36:24 am »

Putin must die, and with him anyone in the army that has a commanding rank.
Also, every member of Duma must die.
And all presentators of state media too.
Russia must be cleansed from nazis.

I am sickened to the core by the images from Bucha.
They went house to house killing people.
They raped women and burned the bodies to destroy evidence.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/nieuws-achtergrond/in-boetsja-liggen-de-lijken-van-burgers-in-de-straten-na-het-vertrek-van-de-russen-al-deze-mensen-zijn-doodgeschoten~b39eec09/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2022, 05:40:49 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120664 on: April 11, 2022, 06:11:42 am »

I'm in danger of being booted from my PhD program.

whoo
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120665 on: April 11, 2022, 06:29:29 am »

Why for man? That sucks!
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120666 on: April 11, 2022, 06:44:07 am »

Well, turns out that emotional support from family or community is important for success in a PhD program, along with friend/study groups to help you keep on top of material, and mentors who can help steer you in the right direction when things are not going well.

Difficult stuff to get in a pandemic, especially if you're a member of a highly maligned minority. I've spent the past two years fighting nonstop and have exhausted most of my resources 2/5 of the way through the degree, with almost nothing to show for it.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120667 on: April 11, 2022, 09:09:13 am »

Fuck. Why?

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120668 on: April 11, 2022, 01:32:34 pm »

I hope your dad gets better and you'll never end up in something similar.

My grandma drank herself to death, which is the reason I never met her. Alcohol can go so wrong. For me it's one of the joys of life, and a very good medicine for cold, nevertheless it's tough to hear stories like these. I'd say everyone needs to find happiness in their life and come to terms with it, you know, get this tranquility of mind, but in a mental state like this... I get that.

I can only wish y'all strength to carry on. I'll pray for you.

Also Vector, I obviously don't know a thing about your studies and goals, but lemme say, don't get too fixated on it. School has been a big contributor for my own dark periods, and when I missed my chance at university it really hit me hard. Then I got a job, and forgot. I'm adding to the house cash pile, my week has never been busier and I have never been happier. Now don't get me wrong, the pay is quite sad  :P But I don't care. And I'm seriously considering not getting degree at all and just build everything on experience and skill. I've always adored my father for that, he didn't go past high school either and from a bunch of similarly low-paying jobs got to sheltering a family of seven, quite an achievement. The again, his high school actually qualified him for some professions, mine doesn't grant me anything. Well, on the bright side, I might aim even higher than him, it's almost a thing of honor for me now! Even if I had to live poorly for the rest of my days on Earth, I think I'd take it. Because I know, I would be happier that way. It's not much, but it's honest work, as they say.

This is not in any way telling you to just throw education out of the window, again, I have no idea what are you pursuing and how it matters to you. Just letting you know, you might find fulfillment elsewhere. Stand strong.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120669 on: April 13, 2022, 09:58:55 am »

The latest daemon tools is litterally adware. Instant uninstall. Gee I hope I find some old installer somewhere.
let

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120670 on: April 13, 2022, 10:14:12 am »

Not Daemon?!! Well, that is a sad day, I am with you there pal. They pulled a solid Warcraft III on us!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120671 on: April 13, 2022, 11:01:27 am »

The latest daemon tools is litterally adware. Instant uninstall. Gee I hope I find some old installer somewhere.
Yeah I discovered this when trying to get back into old BFMEII. That and other stuff like utorrent turning out to be a cryptominer

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120672 on: April 13, 2022, 11:10:01 am »

I found an antique installer (4.49 she's a beauty!), it's currently doing an iso file backup instead of telling me I can get 3 day free trial yet not letting me past that disclaimer.

Guess I will have to check if I find an old utorrent installer as well... I'll take gaping security holes over that noise as long as I can lol.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 11:13:04 am by dragdeler »
let

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120673 on: April 13, 2022, 05:56:45 pm »

I just use bittorrent instead. Managed to find with it an obscure 80's documentary on a rock climber friend of my old boss, who sadly died whilst climbing the himalayas. The doc had been archived by some Russians who managed to archive every single BBC documentary ever, it seemed, for the last 40 years. He couldn't believe I found it; I couldn't believe I found it, and I only found it after 2 months after an accidental coffee binge at 3:00 A.M.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120674 on: April 13, 2022, 08:25:54 pm »

Amazing. I use deluge.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 8043 8044 [8045] 8046 8047 ... 8168