Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8041 8042 [8043] 8044 8045 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500181 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120630 on: March 30, 2022, 01:15:12 am »

Well I guess it's terrorism season again, wonder who shit in their cornflakes to get them all riled up again.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120631 on: March 30, 2022, 09:53:10 am »

Someone on a Discord who I knew fairly well, though not quite a friend, suddenly lashed out at me with homophobic slurs (I am bi and I have that in my about me) and general vile insults. It was just so sudden. When I asked why he said "I hate Russians". Nevermind that I had an anti-Putin slogan in my status. He got banned soon after but that left a very bad taste in my mouth. That's all.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #120632 on: March 30, 2022, 10:06:50 am »

People can be wanky, and instead of addressing what is bothering them, they lash out and just try to push buttons that they think will most effectively damage the other person.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120633 on: March 30, 2022, 12:17:45 pm »

Being an idiot is free and easy. That is why a lot of people are like that Max. Dont let it get to you.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120634 on: March 30, 2022, 12:19:54 pm »

Someone on a Discord who I knew fairly well, though not quite a friend, suddenly lashed out at me with homophobic slurs (I am bi and I have that in my about me) and general vile insults. It was just so sudden. When I asked why he said "I hate Russians". Nevermind that I had an anti-Putin slogan in my status. He got banned soon after but that left a very bad taste in my mouth. That's all.

Lmao that sounds so immaturely irrational. Sorry you went through that.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120635 on: March 30, 2022, 12:40:28 pm »

... hack, maybe? Sorry you had to deal with that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120636 on: March 30, 2022, 03:51:36 pm »

lashed out at me with homophobic slurs

Ah yes, brilliant, that's how we defeat dem faggots

Yeah that just sounds like he was pissed off and wanted to shout at someone for a bit, don't let that ruin your day. Doesn't seem like anything major or personal, got a [CRAZED] tag in his raws for a few ticks.  :P

I left a server while back, cuz people wouldn't stop posting lewd shit in all the chats. Sadly that server was more of a friend circle, and I still care about the guys, but this kind of thing was happening over and over, they don't ever get it. And while I've been jumping on and off as a joke a fee fimes, this time it feels legit. I really don't want to return.

It may seem petty but it really sucks, because I've been adjusting my behavior and jokes all the time for these people, to get sure everyone will find it funny, that everyone will smile, and no one gets sad or offended... And I was a hell of a troll there. And there are people I wouldn't ever think I'd be friends with, a pair of gay satanists, some other lefties, Undertale fans... And despite all that, the good will you show for the sake of friendship, with those you feel you should hate, you won't get it back. Makes you question why even bother. At least I tried, I guess...

Well, needed to vent a bit. I'm fine now, probably happier without Discord  :P who would've guessed... Hope y'all doing well too, despite all the sad hardships. I know it's cheesy, but it's true, we have to try to preserve joy from everyday life.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120637 on: March 30, 2022, 08:53:50 pm »

I had a similar experience over on the LCS discord, although it wasn't directed at me.  Since the mod couldn't be bothered to do anything about it (and was apparently ignorant to just how offensive that was), I had to drop it in protest.  Dunno if anyone noticed, or anything was done about it.
So yeah, sorry to hear that happened to you.  I only mention the LCS discord because I'm hoping that isn't where you experienced this, but if so, needed to share intel.

I mean, I hope they fixed their shit over there, but its not my problem anymore.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120638 on: March 30, 2022, 11:46:17 pm »

And there are people I wouldn't ever think I'd be friends with -snip- Undertale fans...
Unacceptable, what the hell is wrong with you  >:(

__________________SORRY I HAD TO_______________________

Ye I've expected that reaction  :P Gotta say you remind me of them, I've been there before  ;D

But back on topic this is just people, this is just being hostile for the sake of it, cuz they want to. On one hand, when someone's joking they want to make you laugh, so this whole comedy being offensive thing is kinda ridiculous, but when you know it is gonna upset, it is gonna offend, well, then you know you're not making them laugh anymore, are you. So it's understandable. Then again, the guys over at Max's and Jack's weren't even trying to be funny.

What makes me mad is precisely the fact how hypocritical those people turned out to be, I've accepted their terms of service, agreed to not touch their sacred cows the moment I saw someone was bothered by it. Yet they kept on doing that to me.

I remember this one time, when one of the satanists was complaining about her tough life, and we've been comforting her, I said that I don't think that rainbow Baphomet next to her monitor is gonna help in any way (she's shown before she wasn't very serious about it) and you should've seen the other people in call being like: "Oh my you're so petty, you're so selfish" on her behalf, while she was cool with what I've said, and I was like: "Wtf I'm trying to help".

Yeah I've been kinda giving up on this idea of different people coexisting together peacefully, because sooner or later, they'll use that difference against you. So Max, EuchreJack, find a company worthy of your presence, one that won't do this. Your cases were still worse than mine, as your were all on hostile, mine are just ignorant, but if you ask me, both ain't worth your time.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120639 on: March 31, 2022, 12:03:04 am »

Don't give up on your idea of different people coexisting together peacefully.
Max and I have argued viciously over our conflicting socioeconomic views on these forums.
Sorta why I like this here forum.  It keeps out the trolls, and only the trolls.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120640 on: March 31, 2022, 04:41:17 am »

Sorta why I like this here forum.  It keeps out the trolls, and only the trolls.

I can get behind that!

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120641 on: March 31, 2022, 06:05:40 am »

Thanks everyone. It's overall a decent server which is part of why I was so confused. Maybe he was hacked.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120642 on: March 31, 2022, 12:04:37 pm »

The US owner, Riverstone, decided to not close their coal power plant Onyx Power in the Netherlands after all.
Sadly, this will mean we are not going to be able to meat Urgenda climate goals, closing Onyx is a big part of that.

It is surprising, because closing down the coal plant was a proposal made by Riverstone itself, last year. They were to receive 212.5 million euros in compensation.

But yeah. The effects of Russian war on climate goals is becoming real.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 12:06:50 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120643 on: March 31, 2022, 05:05:50 pm »

Yes, most  will likely at least try, if not for enviromental reasons for economic and independence ones.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120644 on: April 01, 2022, 10:25:19 am »

Interest rates have been high for a while now, yet rates on my consumer savings accounts have not yet changed.  *grumble grumble rich people problems.*
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.
Pages: 1 ... 8041 8042 [8043] 8044 8045 ... 8168