Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8038 8039 [8040] 8041 8042 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9499629 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120585 on: February 24, 2022, 07:52:31 pm »

Can you link me to the fundraiser for his mom? I will send money.

I'm sorry that he has passed on but it is clear that he was well-loved. Now and in eternity.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120586 on: February 24, 2022, 07:57:33 pm »

He hasnt put it up yet, I'm not well versed on Discord and such. Can link to the channel, perhaps?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120587 on: February 26, 2022, 03:32:15 pm »

Yeah, link it when u can.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120588 on: February 26, 2022, 06:13:09 pm »

This is the link that my browser shows for the channel.
https://discord.com/channels/454008784600170517/546023381510914050
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120589 on: February 27, 2022, 08:02:31 am »

Whatever there is in the eternity, or if anything is even in it, I wish well for him.

Man, looking at that profile feels very strange. That post count is never going to be 7044. That post history is now a memorial.

:(
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120590 on: February 27, 2022, 01:39:00 pm »

I was worried that was the case, I knew his health wasn't in the best condition. Journey well itisnotlogical

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120591 on: March 05, 2022, 06:46:07 am »

Hey guys, here's the go fundme: https://www.gofundme.com/f/alex-logichans-memorial-fund

The stream was 2 days ago, since I seldom open discord got the news too late, I'm really sorry for that. :(

This is the stream recording in memorial for him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMooCZNaHVg
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 09:06:45 am by LordBaal »

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #120592 on: March 05, 2022, 10:15:17 am »

Whatever there is in the eternity, or if anything is even in it, I wish well for him.

Man, looking at that profile feels very strange. That post count is never going to be 7044. That post history is now a memorial.

:(
Oh, my god, I used to see him around this forum so much. That is humbling.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120593 on: March 08, 2022, 08:22:43 am »

Thanks for your effort baal... the photo slightly obsesses me, just how long did he fight and it's weird how he became both more and less real.
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120594 on: March 09, 2022, 05:07:16 pm »

No need to thank me drag... wish could have done more instead. Write him some more... that's life.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120595 on: March 14, 2022, 09:07:41 am »

Allways with their dumb fucking takes while the cockblock you from doing something.

Haha yes life insurance keep throwing planks on the mikado I'm trying to sort such funny.

I made up my mind: when in container I only have one answer left glossal e. Gonna answer it all with g'eh

Also if you, as a private person, have helium, not to seek leaks on pressurized containers, but to entertain a fucking child birthday, I don't respect you and feel like I regularly see smarter animals. Utterly unecessary then they get mad when they can't dispose of a luxury item, no pressurized containers in the metal fuck off clown.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2022, 10:02:28 am by dragdeler »
let

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120596 on: March 15, 2022, 07:27:43 am »

Guys, just got confirmation that itisnotlogical died on past January 25th. His name was Alex and he went peacefully in his mother arms.

His fortress finally crumbed, but never to oblivion. I'm sorry if anyone else was close to him here.

Do we have a page or something to memorialize those whom have passed on? If not, maybe we should?
A friend of him called MadHatter from a channel called Retro Game Champion in Discord will make a stream in his honor and trying to rise some funds for Alex mom. He wrote me:
"For sure. She seems super nice but is devastated, both mentally and financially. I'm going to do a memorial stream and try to raise some money for her soon"
Asked him to tell me about it and will publish it here or if anyone is interested just go to that channel and write him up saying you come from the Dwarf Fortress forum.

Reading that itisnotlogical passed away yanked me back into this forum; I haven't interacted with them much back when I was still active here, but yes, I came back to offer my condolences. It is not much, but it won't be the same knowing an active forum member has passed away.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120597 on: March 20, 2022, 05:32:42 am »

In Strépy-Bracquegnies, Belgium, a car drove into a crowd of carnaval celbration perparing folks, killing 6, severely injuring at least 12 people and mildly injuring 20. One of the dead is a small child.

The car drove into the crowd at high speed and fled the scene, to be stopped and apprehended shortly after by the police.
It is unknown if it was an accident or a deliberate assault.

According to rumours, the two young men in the car were already fleeing from police when they hit the crowd.

EDIT: Belgian police say there are no signs that this was a terrorist attack.
Most likely the drivers had been going out partying and were driving drunk and or high.
The accident happened at 5am.
The driver and passenger of the car, both in their 30s, have been arrested.
Police denies the rumour that they were already on the run from police.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 06:43:03 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120598 on: March 20, 2022, 07:16:36 am »

Fuck.... why it has to be children.... kids should be inmortal, at least until they remain innocent or something like that, dunno. Everytime I read something like this I hug peter like there's no tomorrow.

With the current state of things there migth not be.

I hope those two stupid jerks get cut to pieces with rusty nailclippers...

Havent wrote anything about it here because wanted to stay positive but one of my brothers by my dad's side got a nasty car accident in Chile a week ago, he had three interventions so far because had a intestine rupture.

My brother was driving well, under speed limits and respecting the lights. A drunken imbecile collided with him at 160 km per hour. All is taped by the traffic cameras and is not the first time the jerk does something like that... in fact was driving drunk, without a licence on a rented car (by someone else). By all accounts he should not had anything to do behind a wheel.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 07:22:41 am by LordBaal »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120599 on: March 20, 2022, 07:53:47 am »

Oof your bro must have met one of the objectively worst drivers, like below 1 percentile bad. Best of luck.

Huh, they have laetare over there? (Technically carneval is over. No pun intended.)
let
Pages: 1 ... 8038 8039 [8040] 8041 8042 ... 8168