Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 8167

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9455255 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #12045 on: September 11, 2010, 09:15:20 pm »

The more you exert yourself, the easier it will be to do pretty much anything physical. It's worth the pain to keep it up.

And everyone knows that pro wrestling is fake, the fans just like it for the entertianment. No one thinks it's real.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12046 on: September 11, 2010, 09:19:34 pm »

Also, I accidentally looked at the television for a second. There was a wrestling program on. I could feel the Int drain.
You're allowed to punch people in the head in Wrestling?

Technically, a closed fist strike is illegal. Forearm smashes, chops, elbows, and slaps, are not.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12047 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

The more you exert yourself, the easier it will be to do pretty much anything physical. It's worth the pain to keep it up.
I concur. I ran almost 8 miles a day over the past summer, and now running 12 miles at a time is possible at a relatively decent pace, while before I could only make it half that far without jogging.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12048 on: September 11, 2010, 09:22:46 pm »

Also, I accidentally looked at the television for a second. There was a wrestling program on. I could feel the Int drain.

No, just exposure to that much dumb lowered my Int scores through diffusion. It is sarcasm (though there was a rather unpleasant feeling of mental degradation during the seconds that the event lasted). There was some weird overmuscled guy who was apparently wearing gag teeth or something oh god it hurts aaaahhhh

I concur. I ran almost 8 miles a day over the past summer, and now running 12 miles at a time is possible at a relatively decent pace, while before I could only make it half that far without jogging.

Damn, that's far. I think I'm more tuned for speed than duration, having to outrun people so much :P.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12049 on: September 11, 2010, 09:24:03 pm »

No, just exposure to that much dumb lowered my Int scores through diffusion. It is sarcasm (though there was a rather unpleasant feeling of mental degradation during the seconds that the event lasted). There was some weird overmuscled guy who was apparently wearing gag teeth or something oh god it hurts aaaahhhh

Was this TNA, or WWE? Because the way things are going, it could be either.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12050 on: September 11, 2010, 09:25:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure closed fist strikes are allowed in pro wrestling.  I mean, they seem to do them quite a lot.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12051 on: September 11, 2010, 09:27:40 pm »

And so do the Lurkers, Vector. And so do the Lurkers.

That they may, but it's okay.  I sleep with weaponry for a reason.

To be honest, a lot of this is stuff you'd learn if you spent about two weeks with me (save the past angst which doesn't surface anymore and the mess with Rosewood), so I worry less.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12052 on: September 11, 2010, 09:28:21 pm »

Given that its all choreographed/improvisational mock fighting, and the wrestlers are trained on how to take attacks that might prove very harmful if they were not, I see no reason why closed fist strikes wouldn't be allowed.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12053 on: September 11, 2010, 09:28:34 pm »

I'm pretty sure closed fist strikes are allowed in pro wrestling.  I mean, they seem to do them quite a lot.

Yeah, but according to the rules (inasmuch as there are any, it being staged) punching the other guy is grounds for disqualification on a five-count. And closed fists are explicitly disallowed in shoot matches, where they actually are performing moves and holds on each other with minimal scripting.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #12054 on: September 11, 2010, 09:31:37 pm »

Damn, that's far. I think I'm more tuned for speed than duration, having to outrun people so much :P.
Why is it you have to outrun people often? Are you an elk?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12055 on: September 11, 2010, 09:43:14 pm »

I've been trying to think of something to say, as sort of a final "fuck you all" kind of message, but I really can't manage to think of anything that wouldn't be immediately passed off and laughed at. It's obvious that none of you realize that this community meant a lot to me, and to have people treat me like such shit was hard. As many of you who have the slightest incling towards psychology could guess from the type of posts I made (specifically my roleplay game which I lead) I have deep issues. Everyone does, I know, I'm not trying to be special. I just.. I can't deal.. I know it's funny. I realize if I was anyone but me right now, it would seem comical that I would just freak the fuck out so hard about something as simple as a MSPA thread argument over a character. I'm not even that mad at people like Aqizzar and Cthulu. They have been here so long, and have constantly been rewarded for acting like they don't give a flying fuck about anyone but themselves, so I really shouldn't take any offense towards the way they acted in that thread.

I don't want an apology either. I just urge people to understand that not everyone here has thick skin. There are people like me, who think of everyone here as a sort of second-family, and that sometimes when someone is signalling for help (albeit it in an overly-dramatic fashion, I'm aware), that offering nothing but cruelty can lead to negative things.

I'm still not coming to back to post more. I'm going to continue to log in for a little bit just to wrap up a few conversations I've been having via PM, and then that's it.

tl;dr: Baawwww I quit.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #12056 on: September 11, 2010, 09:46:10 pm »

And yet you've posted a couple of times since saying that the first time.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12057 on: September 11, 2010, 09:47:51 pm »

If that's your decision, go ahead. We don't want you to leave, but it's your choice if that's what you want.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12058 on: September 11, 2010, 09:48:09 pm »

Dammit, I wish I could figure out how to convince you to stay :I
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12059 on: September 11, 2010, 09:49:34 pm »

Te saludo, vendajes.
Pages: 1 ... 802 803 [804] 805 806 ... 8167