Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8006 8007 [8008] 8009 8010 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500687 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120105 on: July 13, 2021, 04:06:37 pm »

@Great Order:

I feel ya. There's something that they're doing with brain stimulation now (TMJ) as an alternative to electroshock that apparently works well. You might want to look into that as part of your journey; it was recommended for me.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120106 on: July 16, 2021, 10:16:44 am »

Feel like absolute wank again because my brain's doing its thing. This time it's because I couldn't make it to the climbing wall (Which I was only going to so I didn't break the habit, rather than because I was actively wanting to. Apparently I had a choice between doing something I disliked and hating myself for not doing it, fucking thanks brain).

My car was just too hot. I let out all the hot air after it had been sat in the sun, but it doesn't have AC so it was still swelteringly hot. Between my depression and the heat I wasn't able to concentrate on the road much and figured the better course of action was to just go back home after five minutes of driving.

It was so damn hot my socks were actually damp after a grand total of 10 minutes in the car.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120107 on: July 16, 2021, 05:34:13 pm »

Apparently I had a choice between doing something I disliked and hating myself for not doing it

This is the way.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120108 on: July 16, 2021, 11:31:07 pm »

Apparently I had a choice between doing something I disliked and hating myself for not doing it

This is the way.
This is the way
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120109 on: July 16, 2021, 11:35:13 pm »

This is the way.
This is the way
This is the way

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120110 on: July 17, 2021, 12:46:16 am »

Yeah, but you went and did it anyways. Or successfully departed to go do it anyways. Hubris and diligence may make for strange bedfellows, but they seem to do all right together, yeah? You even managed to work up a good sweat!

Sorry your brain chemicals are out of funk. It's not a reflection of who you are as a person or what you're capable of, it just sucks and it's one of those invisible things that's hard to deal with. I know you know that, of course. I hope it doesn't come off as a tripe platitude, but remember to be kind to yourself, yeah?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120111 on: July 18, 2021, 05:34:15 pm »

That some users of this very forum are dead in real life. There a re thousands of accounts registered to this forum. It is safe to assume that some of their owners are gone.

They once logged out, and never returned. Maybe they posted once, maybe a thousand times, yet they had to say goodbye. Maybe they only joined to ask one specific quesiton, or wanted to join in the fun, but didn't had the time to post one more time.

This also makes me remember that there will be last post from me in this ancient monument of a forum. Like everyone else here.

Everything ends doesn't it? Like this place one day?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120112 on: July 18, 2021, 05:42:26 pm »

This too, shall pass Magmacube... misery seems so easy to find while joy is so elusive, one wonders why, if life meaning is to suffer through it...

But that sadness also reminds you of the good things, the ones that matter, take our interactions here, as meaningless, great, short or long they might be, as many things in life, you have to learn to cherish them, but not hold into them. If Buddhism is right in something is that attachment is pain, but that doesn't mean to become a dark nihilist is the answer. Just be happy with what you have and/or had, learn from it, treasure the memory and go on.

But above all.... this is the way.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #120113 on: July 19, 2021, 10:35:25 am »

I've seen shitposts you people wouldn't believe. Rage posts on fire off the shoulder of General Discussion. I watched Toad hammers glitter in the dark near the Moderation Log. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120114 on: July 19, 2021, 11:14:47 am »

I've seen shitposts you people wouldn't believe. Rage posts on fire off the shoulder of General Discussion. I watched Toad hammers glitter in the dark near the Moderation Log. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

This is an underrated post
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120115 on: July 19, 2021, 12:12:55 pm »

My wife uncle just died, in front of me no less... surprisingly not of covid but a blood clog in his heart. He suffered a hearth attack more or less the week when her other family got covid.

Early this morning my mother in law called my wife to tell her uncle was in the hospital alone with his daughter and that they could not contact them, since the hospital is not that far from were we live we migth swing by.

When we arrived he was very weak but conscious and somebody has already managed to steal 85 dollars from the girl supposedly for blood tests...

Long history short he got worse, the doctors asked someone to enter and she did not have the strength so it was me or his teen daughter. He was being resuscitated with defibrillators and all that. The docs really tried but there were a lack of a lot of things, in the while they were trying we had to literally run to buy from gloves to macro drips (dunno the proper english name for those) and in one of those runs when I got back he was declared dead.

Edit:
Mondays, uh?

Btw tamer, suppose you're watching TV. Suddenly you realise there's a wasp crawling on your arm. What you do?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 12:17:54 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120116 on: July 19, 2021, 12:42:42 pm »

Source? I'd like to see.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #120117 on: July 19, 2021, 01:10:15 pm »

Btw tamer, suppose you're watching TV. Suddenly you realise there's a wasp crawling on your arm. What you do?
I'd accept my fate

But realistically, I'll probably flail in a panic, fail to hit it, and draw it's ire.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120118 on: July 19, 2021, 02:15:01 pm »

Source? I'd like to see.

If this is a request for the source of the original version of that quote, it does make me sad that such a cinematic cult classic is getting lost in the noise of modern nonsense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This product contains deoxyribonucleic acid which is known to the State of California to cause cancer, reproductive harm, and other health issues.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120119 on: July 19, 2021, 06:28:08 pm »

Holy shit Baal are you ok? Sorry for your loss.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 8006 8007 [8008] 8009 8010 ... 8168