Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8004 8005 [8006] 8007 8008 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500804 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120075 on: June 23, 2021, 07:37:04 am »

I want to pet a goat ... but I cannot ...

I feel also that I should, perhaps, have a puppy -- but look, I have none ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #120076 on: June 23, 2021, 07:48:01 am »

But building a decent phone is getting very much in range of normal people if you are ok with it not being super slim.

"Building" is a bit of a stretch, but have you heard of the PinePhone? It's roughly the Raspberry Pi of phones; low-end, but insanely hackable and customizable. Even comes with physical killswitches for all the radioes onboard, so if you're paranoid, the option's right there. It's more for the hobbyist than consumers; a testing platform for open-source experiments rather than a thing you'd get for everyday use.

Granted, I'm mostly reading off marketing material here. I have no intention of running straight, unfiltered GNU/Linux on a portable device anytime soon. I play around in Termux, but that's it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120077 on: June 23, 2021, 01:33:01 pm »

a
« Last Edit: August 19, 2024, 12:33:55 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120078 on: June 23, 2021, 02:43:48 pm »

I remember some publicity of a completely modular phone which advertised like, you go on a trek put a bigger or an extra battery. A special event, click a better camera. Wanna play? Add extra buttons and bigger screen.

So you end up with the base board with several slots and several batteries, cameras, screens and so on for configure your phone as you whish depending on the occasion...

It sounded nice in paper but in practice it might be very hard to accomplish something like that with either reasonable prices and quality/durability.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120079 on: June 23, 2021, 03:22:42 pm »

There's a couple devices like that on the market, though the customization is not quite as great as initially suggested. The current focus is on ease of repair to reduce e-waste.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #120080 on: June 23, 2021, 09:15:06 pm »

I'm realizing that I'm feeling sad more often than usual. Not the "vent, make a massive post" kind of sad, but more mild forms of sad. Not sure if it's due to overwork or (possible) depression, but I'm checking myself because I fear depression.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120081 on: June 25, 2021, 12:46:03 pm »

I think my insides hate me because I did not cook an onion thoroughly enough.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120082 on: June 25, 2021, 01:35:31 pm »

Had to do really unpleasant but necessary management things today, make really unpleasant decisions, that kind of thing.

Was gonna be something I had to deal with/handle sooner or later, but I wish I didn't. I'm sad about it.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120083 on: June 25, 2021, 02:01:09 pm »

Had to fire someone right?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120084 on: June 25, 2021, 02:16:46 pm »

Can't say, or at least I shouldn't.

Hated it.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120085 on: June 25, 2021, 05:57:33 pm »

Regardless it was, it was just you job. As long as your job is not war crimes or something of that nature, is fine.

Also, wtf with the building in Miami? At least 4 Venezuelans died there I think, or so I read somewhere else.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 06:13:24 pm by LordBaal »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120086 on: June 25, 2021, 07:06:19 pm »

Yeah, I mean, it REALLY HAD to be done. No question. Still hated it.

Also yeah, still waiting for details on that. There are something like 100 people unaccounted for. Half the buildings just outright collapsed. Awful.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #120087 on: June 30, 2021, 02:26:17 am »

I知 almost 19, as in like less than a week, and I still can稚 draw. I知 just as scared as ever that I値l never be able to improve my drawing skills no matter how hard I try, no matter how many people say that drawing just comes with enough practice. This never feels like enough to justify posting on one of these threads, and I知 sure someone out there is tired of me doing this, but I think I need to venture here every now and then to keep myself sane.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #120088 on: June 30, 2021, 02:36:32 am »

I ran out of cigarettes this morning.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120089 on: June 30, 2021, 04:46:21 am »

I知 almost 19, as in like less than a week, and I still can稚 draw. I知 just as scared as ever that I値l never be able to improve my drawing skills no matter how hard I try, no matter how many people say that drawing just comes with enough practice. This never feels like enough to justify posting on one of these threads, and I知 sure someone out there is tired of me doing this, but I think I need to venture here every now and then to keep myself sane.
You're not even nineteen. All the things which I consider myself good at matured over my early twenties. You have plenty of time.

I'd also say that drawing is (likely) your hobby. Try enjoying the act of doing it, rather than the end result. That's what'll keep you drawing and keep you improving.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8004 8005 [8006] 8007 8008 ... 8168