Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7848 7849 [7850] 7851 7852 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9515422 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117735 on: January 25, 2020, 01:07:35 am »

Quote from: naturegirl
She will literally die if she has a kid, and if her k9d has a kid, they will die too. All of the points she raised are true. Her mother should realize
*leans back on chair and smiles smugly*
Allright my young padawan. Do you notice something amiss in the words you wrote?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117736 on: January 25, 2020, 01:42:04 am »

Noonan's isn't a death sentence outright, but it can certainly lead to complications (especially with nutrition deficits involved). It's just an added risk, and she in any case wouldn't want to put someone else through that experience.

And she's also of the opinion that if she changes her mind about having kids, there are far more than enough kids waiting to be adopted.

The hopeful grandma isn't impressed.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117737 on: January 25, 2020, 03:55:23 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:50 pm by dragdeler »
let

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117738 on: January 25, 2020, 09:37:35 am »

And then when they did let her in, they first made her sit for an hour in the maternity section, surrounded by mothers and their spawn. Y'know, to get the ol' eggs a-quivering and tempt a reconsideration.
Except that did nothing more than irritate her and make her even more convinced that she was making the right choice. Funny how surrounding her with screaming, snotty children didn't immediately change her mind.

What the heck? She will literally die if she has a kid, and if her k9d has a kid, they will die too. All of the points she raised are true. Her mother should realize that she shouldn’t force her child to do something she doesn’t want, especially since this would affect another person.

Because the world is run by such intensely adult people and if you deviate you're the crazy one... WHY WON'T SHE GET HORMONAL LIKE WE DO HOW DARE SHE RATIONALIZE SOMETHING SO DEAR TO US - IF WE PULL PSYCHOLOGICAL MANPIPULATION IT'S ONLY FOR YOUR BEST NOW BE USEFUL YOU FUCKING INCUBATOR.

*story idea where the main plot revolves around the antagonist having a child for the explicit purpose of her having a grandchild, and then transferring his consciousness to the newborn, so he can be raised as his own grandchild. Making themselves their own grandpa and attaining a form of immortality if the plot succeeds.*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117739 on: January 25, 2020, 09:51:41 am »

Um...

I think I've seen that one, actually.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117740 on: January 25, 2020, 09:57:43 am »

The Case Of Charles Dexter Ward has that, as does a R A Salvatore book.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117741 on: January 25, 2020, 11:00:40 am »

False.

In the Case of Charles Dexter Ward there's no body snatching at all. It's just that Culwen Senior is a dead ringer for the titular Charles Dexter Ward (who is indeed his descendant) and thus is able to impersonate him.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117742 on: January 25, 2020, 11:10:50 am »

Here's the one I was thinking of. Yay trawling through the depths of the web using increasingly desperate keywords!

Fun facts about this movie:
Budget (estimated): $10,000,000
Gross USA: $41,392

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117743 on: January 25, 2020, 11:13:11 am »

Added to watchlist.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117744 on: January 25, 2020, 11:13:54 am »

Added to watchlist.   
I'm already on several.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117745 on: January 25, 2020, 12:54:52 pm »

Noice. I'm glad that opportunity didn't go to waste.

New Sad: looking back at promising RTDs that never really got off the ground. Especially this one and this one. Inaluct doesn't seem to be active on the forum these days, either. I wonder what became of them.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117746 on: January 25, 2020, 04:29:47 pm »

False.

In the Case of Charles Dexter Ward there's no body snatching at all. It's just that Culwen Senior is a dead ringer for the titular Charles Dexter Ward (who is indeed his descendant) and thus is able to impersonate him.

My mobile keyboard ate a few words there. It was supposed to say "elements of that". There was no actual body snatching, but there was the "replace younger relative".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117747 on: January 26, 2020, 02:54:26 pm »

And here I was just thinkinh of Malcovich
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117748 on: January 27, 2020, 05:43:16 am »

Kobe.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117749 on: January 27, 2020, 11:54:10 am »

I've been in an increasing amount of chronic pain over the last few months (it goes back years, but only became near-constant last spring).

Friday at the bar I had to stand, because bending my knees to sit was painful enough that I started feeling nauseated. Doctors at my HMO can't do anything until it's time to replace my knees (probably another year or two at least), and my employer won't even pay for things they're required to by law (but it's the US, so the law is toothless).

I know there are a lot of people doing a lot worse, but the new "constant pain" thing isn't fun.
Pages: 1 ... 7848 7849 [7850] 7851 7852 ... 8168