Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7847 7848 [7849] 7850 7851 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9515469 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117720 on: January 23, 2020, 11:39:39 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117721 on: January 24, 2020, 07:54:46 am »

The Norf remembers!
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117722 on: January 24, 2020, 11:14:24 am »

I get that I'm going to talk to people when drunk, but telling my dad I don't plan to have children?  Really?  That seemed like a good idea to me?

Gods I hate going through the logs in the morning.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117723 on: January 24, 2020, 11:21:06 am »

A friend of mine is deathly allergic to children, and tried getting her tubes tied as soon as she turned 18. The doctors refused and said she had to wait and think about it, and that she could come back when she was 30.

So she waited. At 30, she went back and, with only the necessary amount of "Are you sure?" and manipulative tactics, she got the procedure done.

She'd called her mother before going in and informed her that she was getting the operation, to which her mother replied "You should've waited until it was over before telling me."

Lovely woman. Very supportive. Is convinced her daughter's tattoos are just a phase and that she'll snap out of it eventually.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117724 on: January 24, 2020, 11:23:19 am »

If people don’t want children, they don’t want children, it should be a simple concept for people to understand

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117725 on: January 24, 2020, 11:24:56 am »

Yeah but making that kind of decision before you even comprehend consequences is probably not a good idea.

Unless it's reversible. I don't know.
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117726 on: January 24, 2020, 11:29:19 am »

A friend of mine is deathly allergic to children, and tried getting her tubes tied as soon as she turned 18. The doctors refused and said she had to wait and think about it, and that she could come back when she was 30.

So she waited. At 30, she went back and, with only the necessary amount of "Are you sure?" and manipulative tactics, she got the procedure done.

She'd called her mother before going in and informed her that she was getting the operation, to which her mother replied "You should've waited until it was over before telling me."

Lovely woman. Very supportive. Is convinced her daughter's tattoos are just a phase and that she'll snap out of it eventually.

I'm pretty sure that is how tattoos work.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117727 on: January 24, 2020, 11:31:45 am »

Thanks for the support, I was just venting...
I mean it's 100% true.  I might adopt, but I am definitely not going to procreate.  There are multiple reasons, even if I *wanted* to. 

And I... brought those up.  "In vino veritas", I guess.  I'm kicking myself for being truthful, for killing his false hope I guess.
And if I had to tell him, I should have been sober.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117728 on: January 24, 2020, 03:29:21 pm »

Yeah but making that kind of decision before you even comprehend consequences is probably not a good idea.

Unless it's reversible. I don't know.
It kind of is, but depends on how it was severed, and the time ellapsed. And individual variations.

I read somewhere that even when it's not, sperm can be extractes by jabbing a needle into a testicle, for IVF.

Pic unrelated
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 03:37:15 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117729 on: January 24, 2020, 03:36:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117730 on: January 24, 2020, 03:49:04 pm »

What an unpleasant waste of a perfectly functional sterilisation.

2 cinder blocks: for when you want to be sure.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117731 on: January 24, 2020, 04:25:04 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:43 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117732 on: January 24, 2020, 04:36:45 pm »

I mean, no, 18 year olds should not be making life-altering decisions.

Anyway Rolan, you told him. And it was a good thing to tell him, even if you wish you'd done it differently. Now you can move past it. Just think of it that way. It's fine to not want to have kids. It's fine to adopt too. I have multiple members of my family that were adopted. Go for it when you feel ready, if you feel ready.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117733 on: January 25, 2020, 12:30:44 am »

Sure, but they specifically didn't let her come back until she was at least 30, despite the operation technically being available from age of majority.

And then when they did let her in, they first made her sit for an hour in the maternity section, surrounded by mothers and their spawn. Y'know, to get the ol' eggs a-quivering and tempt a reconsideration.

Except that did nothing more than irritate her and make her even more convinced that she was making the right choice. Funny how surrounding her with screaming, snotty children didn't immediately change her mind.

The surgery itself went off without a hitch. Well... Except for it taking almost twice as long as expected, because her uterus had apparently shrunk back into itself somehow and they had to spend the time finding it.

I'm reminded a bit of my ex's little sister, who came out with similar sentiments when she was 15. "I want the operation, I don't want kids", to which her mother just leaned back in her chair and smiled smugly "Oh, you'll change your mind..."

"I don't like kids, the world's already overpopulated, the economy is in shambles, the school system is similarly in shambles, and I have a life-changing congenital disease that might kill me if I get pregnant and will get passed to my kid if I don't. Pass."

"Just wait. You'll see. You'll come around eventually."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117734 on: January 25, 2020, 12:45:14 am »

Sure, but they specifically didn't let her come back until she was at least 30, despite the operation technically being available from age of majority.

And then when they did let her in, they first made her sit for an hour in the maternity section, surrounded by mothers and their spawn. Y'know, to get the ol' eggs a-quivering and tempt a reconsideration.

Except that did nothing more than irritate her and make her even more convinced that she was making the right choice. Funny how surrounding her with screaming, snotty children didn't immediately change her mind.

The surgery itself went off without a hitch. Well... Except for it taking almost twice as long as expected, because her uterus had apparently shrunk back into itself somehow and they had to spend the time finding it.

I'm reminded a bit of my ex's little sister, who came out with similar sentiments when she was 15. "I want the operation, I don't want kids", to which her mother just leaned back in her chair and smiled smugly "Oh, you'll change your mind..."

"I don't like kids, the world's already overpopulated, the economy is in shambles, the school system is similarly in shambles, and I have a life-changing congenital disease that might kill me if I get pregnant and will get passed to my kid if I don't. Pass."

"Just wait. You'll see. You'll come around eventually."
What the heck? She will literally die if she has a kid, and if her k9d has a kid, they will die too. All of the points she raised are true. Her mother should realize that she shouldn’t force her child to do something she doesn’t want, especially since this would affect another person.
Pages: 1 ... 7847 7848 [7849] 7850 7851 ... 8168