Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7846 7847 [7848] 7849 7850 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9515193 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117705 on: January 22, 2020, 03:55:19 pm »

Quote from: dragdeler
Tell him to mind his own business that you'd rather enjoy your stuff than criticize his. I don't want you to feel unwelcomed.

This boils down to our total opinion, methinks.

Well, you peeps speak for yourself. I, for one, am totally damning Quaksna for whatever this Satan the hedgehog business is.

Be nice to our resident Frog King!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Tingle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117706 on: January 22, 2020, 04:06:57 pm »

Q'uaksna most this damming is people being cheeky. We all love you its just easier to joke than say you care and its funny to some people.
The Catholic church was founded by romans the snake worshipers. As long as you don't do any harm to people, no sacrifices of children or other fucked up things that are part of the priesthood we all know what im talking about, you are all good. You definitely shouldn't let a religion form your being though. It shouldn't be a part of your truth. It is an ideology invented so the invictus could kill rape amd pillage then pay a religious tax ie confessions to be right with the army.
Sure you may feel good from releasing 'sin' burden as we all do but as you get older and your opinions begin to stray you will see that religion is a control scheme to prevent you from having a true religious experience, that is for the priests to indulge in and report back to the masses.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117707 on: January 22, 2020, 05:06:46 pm »

What in the actual fuck happened here.

I just got back from reading about how Trump apparently claimed that an American invented the wheel, thinking that was the weirdest thing I'd read today, only to immediately be proven wrong.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117708 on: January 22, 2020, 06:01:36 pm »

Native Americans literally never invented the wheel but were otherwise fairly advanced.  No draft animals means no wheels.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117709 on: January 22, 2020, 08:52:48 pm »

Sleds mate
Love, scriver~

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117710 on: January 23, 2020, 12:14:40 am »

Q'uaksna most this damming is people being cheeky. We all love you its just easier to joke than say you care and its funny to some people.
The Catholic church was founded by romans the snake worshipers. As long as you don't do any harm to people, no sacrifices of children or other fucked up things that are part of the priesthood we all know what im talking about, you are all good. You definitely shouldn't let a religion form your being though. It shouldn't be a part of your truth. It is an ideology invented so the invictus could kill rape amd pillage then pay a religious tax ie confessions to be right with the army.
Sure you may feel good from releasing 'sin' burden as we all do but as you get older and your opinions begin to stray you will see that religion is a control scheme to prevent you from having a true religious experience, that is for the priests to indulge in and report back to the masses.

:-\ What?

Did... Did Tingle just...

Okay, I'll try to not get triggered like the last time. Lemme tell you something.

For you, maybe religion only seems like a method how to manipulate people (am I a dumbass to you?( :P Sorry, I am starting to see attacks in everything)). But the worse thing, did you really say that "fucled up things" are part of a priesthood? Well, that's wrong.

I don't know how it's by you, but, as I can see, you're apparently not Catholics. I am living inside the church. I lived there for my whole life. I've seen it form the inside. And you know what? It works just fine! We genuinely believe what we believe in, priests genuinely believe what we believe in, and we're doing just fine. Where's the problem?

I am speaking out of experience. I have priest friends, and I know them well. These scandals everyone is pointing at, well, for us it's just in some faraway country out there. Or just out there. But that's not what we are. Please don't believe this, beg your pardon, bullshit.

And yeah, I'm apologizing for my triggered reaction on that Sonic topic, I was really mad back then. For clarification, Catholics and Sonic fans have nothing to do with each other. I just like to compare them, well, because everyone hates them and I experience it.

And finally (woah, this was long), don't. Ever. Damn a person. At least religious one. For you, it may seem as a joke. For me, it's literally the worst thing you can say to person.

Thanks for your attention.   ;D

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #117711 on: January 23, 2020, 12:43:35 am »

On damning.
1. I really don't think TamerVirus has the authority to damn you. Nothing he says can change your salvific status. (I am ex-Christian, but am saying this from the point of view of my former beliefs.)

2. Nor was he saying you were damned, AFAICT. He was making a facetious statement jokingly comparing any Sonic controversy to the absurd controversies over DnD and Pokemon - he wasn't even talking about you. Also, "pathway to hell" does not imply a person involved in such activities is actively damned; only that the speaker (assuming, unlike TamerVirus, that they are serious) is in a situation the speaker believes to have higher possibility of damnation. Also, since nothing anyone says about you will affect your salvific status, the only harmful aspect of seriously wishing someone is damned is that it means the speaker hates them enough to wish they suffer eternally. TamerVirus definitely does not wish this of you. There is no effect or intent of damnation in his statement.

On TM's critique of Catholicism origin: he and everyone is free to say whatever he wants. If such statements are false, one may fire away and show how/why. But they may only legitimately be criticized on that count, not based on whether it offends religious people. Certainly he may abstain from critiques of his own free will if he judges the controversy to be less important than his relationship with the person or that it would simply be rude. For example that is why I do not see "evangelizing" my unbelief to be of utmost importance even when I believe the people I disagree are plain wrong. I'm content to let the people around me alone about their personal beliefs; indeed I believe hounding them about it (i.e. what many Christians are encouraged to do) is invasive and immoral.

ON A MUCH HAPPIER NOTE I like your drawings.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 12:56:24 am by Eschar »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117712 on: January 23, 2020, 02:07:16 am »

On damning.
1. I really don't think TamerVirus has the authority to damn you.

Bwhahahaha... oh man you're so f*cked.

Go get 'em Tamervirus. Cast them down
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117713 on: January 23, 2020, 02:13:52 am »

On damning.
1. I really don't think TamerVirus has the authority to damn you. Nothing he says can change your salvific status. (I am ex-Christian, but am saying this from the point of view of my former beliefs.)

2. Nor was he saying you were damned, AFAICT. He was making a facetious statement jokingly comparing any Sonic controversy to the absurd controversies over DnD and Pokemon - he wasn't even talking about you. Also, "pathway to hell" does not imply a person involved in such activities is actively damned; only that the speaker (assuming, unlike TamerVirus, that they are serious) is in a situation the speaker believes to have higher possibility of damnation. Also, since nothing anyone says about you will affect your salvific status, the only harmful aspect of seriously wishing someone is damned is that it means the speaker hates them enough to wish they suffer eternally. TamerVirus definitely does not wish this of you. There is no effect or intent of damnation in his statement.

On TM's critique of Catholicism origin: he and everyone is free to say whatever he wants. If such statements are false, one may fire away and show how/why. But they may only legitimately be criticized on that count, not based on whether it offends religious people. Certainly he may abstain from critiques of his own free will if he judges the controversy to be less important than his relationship with the person or that it would simply be rude. For example that is why I do not see "evangelizing" my unbelief to be of utmost importance even when I believe the people I disagree are plain wrong. I'm content to let the people around me alone about their personal beliefs; indeed I believe hounding them about it (i.e. what many Christians are encouraged to do) is invasive and immoral.

ON A MUCH HAPPIER NOTE I like your drawings.

It's not about effect, it's just harsh. I know they're just joking, however, to the detriment of something I respect. Again, that's just rude. I spent this night crying in the corner. Not that's your business, yet, it simply hurts me. Might be my personal oversensitivity, whatever. Please don't say that. It hurts. Really.

About the Church... I'll just say that all you view as wicked is also viewed as wicked by us, the teaching, our religion. Nothing of it is justified. We acknowledge that as bad, and fight against it. But that's it, those who just follow the Catholic teaching in a honest, pure way, are being hated as well. It's sad. That's why I'm ranting. That's it, end of story, bye bye, see you later.

Let's talk about something else...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 02:47:14 am by Quaksna »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117714 on: January 23, 2020, 06:18:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117715 on: January 23, 2020, 07:33:50 am »

The only problem with the "wealth they hoarded" issue is that you can't eat statues and jewelry. The removal of these from the "wealth pool" doesn't actually reduce the size of the productive economy whatsover. The only real net loss to the economy is the loss of whatever labor-hours went into the manufacturing of the said items. Gold is only valuable because people think it's valuable. Removing it from circulation doesn't actually reduce the amount of productive goods that exist. If they were forever stockpiling more food, that would be a better point, but the general populace aren't really harmed if they remove gold from circulation.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 07:38:20 am by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117716 on: January 23, 2020, 07:38:28 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117717 on: January 23, 2020, 07:42:43 am »

Are we talking modern or pre-modern society? Because back then those items were literally worth their weight in gold

Since they were made out of gold

And gold was measured in weight

So you could literally pay for a pound's worth of food with a single pound coin or a one pound heavy church... item.

Pre-thingy to explain things: The author of this post doesn't actually know how much a pound weighs in practical means, because uneducated metrixminds

They own prime real estate troughout europe and somehow we pay them.

I mean, the only reason I'm still in the Swedish church is that part of the church tax goes to the upkeep of our ancient and beautiful cultural and architectural (architecultural?) heritage
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117718 on: January 23, 2020, 07:57:29 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117719 on: January 23, 2020, 10:53:51 am »

Not my europe,  go away southrons
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7846 7847 [7848] 7849 7850 ... 8168