Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7845 7846 [7847] 7848 7849 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9515156 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117690 on: January 22, 2020, 12:58:05 pm »

Had a very good day today... but I do one thing wrong and my anxiety and guilt is off the fucking charts. Like I just desperately feel the need to be punished somehow. God wouldn't I just fucking love to be a shithead scumbag that didn't give a fuck and could just relax while the world is burning down.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117691 on: January 22, 2020, 01:17:57 pm »

I am pursued by prejudices, once again!

I got a Steam account, bought a bunch of Sonic games, organized family gaming sessions, had a great time.

Then my roommate got home, and he's treating me like if I approached some vile heresy! I must even hide my artworks so he won't beat me, sucker!

This really pisses me off. I am totally aware of how perverted some Sonic fans are, I am totally aware that Catholic church did a lots of mistakes, but man, that's no argument! They just put you in some division in their mind, and all of us share the trait "bad" from now on. They don't care what kind of person you are, your approach, your behaviour, your thoughts and words, in the end, it doesn't matter! You're labelled as bad person anyway!

And he's pathetic, poor man. I would bet this isn't his opinion. He heard it. He read it. Whatever. It is a fashion now, to oppress certain groups, for some reason. These are going to be tough times...

Mankind's marching directly to its doom, exponentially faster. Heh, when I was chatting with one pal on the New Year's Eve, I wrote him: "Maybe this time, the perpetual decadence of mankind will come to halt." He answered that he dreams of it too...

This thread's a good thing. I can rant here, I need that. Well, at least I'm in good mood again, I can get over it...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117692 on: January 22, 2020, 02:01:37 pm »

1. Change the roommate.
2. What does the Catholic Church have to do with Sonic?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117693 on: January 22, 2020, 02:02:19 pm »

1. Change the roommate.

Ninja'd. But really though, what?

Your room-mate is angry because you got some sonic games? Are the Catholics involved somehow? Do Catholics hate Sonic the Hedgehog?

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117694 on: January 22, 2020, 02:13:31 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:14 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117695 on: January 22, 2020, 02:17:39 pm »

Tell

Me more
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117696 on: January 22, 2020, 02:30:59 pm »

You 2 aren't the same person? Is that why you only sometimes have an avatar? I should maybe start paying attention, but I probably won't.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117697 on: January 22, 2020, 02:35:59 pm »

You 2 aren't the same person? Is that why you only sometimes have an avatar? I should maybe start paying attention, but I probably won't.

They're quite similar, but that's only because Dunamisdeos is a weirdo, and dragdeler is Danish. Easy mistake to make.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #117698 on: January 22, 2020, 02:36:54 pm »

Sonic the Hedgehog is clearly another pathway to Satan, just like D&D and Pokemon
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117699 on: January 22, 2020, 02:51:29 pm »

1. Change the roommate.

Your room-mate is angry because you got some sonic games? Are the Catholics involved somehow? Do Catholics hate Sonic the Hedgehog?

I tend to compare them because they are universally despised, despite not being inherently bad. I am Catholic as well as Sonic fan. Do you realize how much the world hates me? And what's worse, for no reason. I didn't do anything wrong. Why am I treated like an animal?

I can't change my roommate, he's my brother on top of that all.

These memes... I thought fellow Bay Watchers would cheer me up, now I'm unsure of meaning of this. Are you making fun of me, too?

Also, TamerVirus, that's what my brother also said. I get you probably meant that as a joke, but you're damning me. I am Christian. You're damning me. My own brother is damning me. That's not fun.

Thanks Bay, now I feel even more miserable. I'm sorry, but this was really offending.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117700 on: January 22, 2020, 03:12:01 pm »

Well I'm definitely sorry if we got a bit carried away there.

I believe our point is that it's entirely silly to think of Sonic the Hedgehog games in and of themselves as some sort of pathway to wrongness. The games are about as wholesome as they come. I don't think any of us had ever heard before of the idea that the Catholic Church has a specific issue with Sonic the Hedgehog. It seemed unlikely to the point of absurdity. DOES the Catholic Church have an overall issue with Sonic???

Tamervirus is referencing another thread. The idea of Sonic being subversive seemed as silly as the idea that DnD or Pokemon were somehow subversive, which was a topic of discussion in another thread earlier this week.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117701 on: January 22, 2020, 03:14:12 pm »

1. Change the roommate.

I tend to compare them because they are universally despised, despite not being inherently bad. I am Catholic as well as Sonic fan. Do you realize how much the world hates me? And what's worse, for no reason. I didn't do anything wrong. Why am I treated like an animal?

I can't change my roommate, he's my brother on top of that all.

These memes... I thought fellow Bay Watchers would cheer me up, now I'm unsure of meaning of this. Are you making fun of me, too?

Also, TamerVirus, that's what my brother also said. I get you probably meant that as a joke, but you're damning me. I am Christian. You're damning me. My own brother is damning me. That's not fun.

Thanks Bay, now I feel even more miserable. I'm sorry, but this was really offending.
I think what happened is a misunderstanding. I’m sure the posts here aren’t meant to be insulting. I wish people would focus on the person rather than their interests too.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #117702 on: January 22, 2020, 03:19:24 pm »

I post in jest.
Most of my posts are in jest
I ain't in any position to judge anyone, let alone damn them
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117703 on: January 22, 2020, 03:32:12 pm »

Well, you peeps speak for yourself. I, for one, am totally damning Quaksna for whatever this Satan the hedgehog business is.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117704 on: January 22, 2020, 03:40:03 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:38:20 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7845 7846 [7847] 7848 7849 ... 8168