Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7676 7677 [7678] 7679 7680 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9521648 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115155 on: December 24, 2018, 01:33:51 pm »

As opposed, of course, to it being mildly lethal :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115156 on: December 24, 2018, 01:44:22 pm »

Well, yes. Ebola is mildly lethal. An exploding heart is highly lethal.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115157 on: December 24, 2018, 01:52:59 pm »

Why not? Surely if it's the same blood type it shouldn't matter?

Although it's an uncommon complication, the risk of transfusion induced gvhd is regarded as higher if its done between family members. So it's avoided in general because if it does happen its highly lethal

Is this because blood is thicker?
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115158 on: December 24, 2018, 03:27:53 pm »

This date is weird here at the in law's for the first time without my father in law.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115159 on: December 24, 2018, 04:24:03 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBobmn_u98w

Taiwanese commercial mastered the art of heartstring tugging.

What the fuck? How is this allowed to be on air? I thought I was going to be able to resist crying, but now i'm weeping and sniffling (and typing).
Well I had to watch it after a comment like that.
Not sure what all the fuss is about, but my expectations were probably unrealistic. Oh and Youtube's subtitles made things unintentionally comical in some places, so that probably didn't help. The fact that it was a life insurance commercial just made it all the more bizarre!

This comment on the video made it all worthwhile, though:
I asked for a "sad ending" at a Thai massage parlor and they showed me this

Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115160 on: December 24, 2018, 09:02:50 pm »

5 years ago I had stomach ‘flu for Christmas.

My Christmas dinner that year consisted of a small packet of ready salted crisps and a small chocolate bar filled with some raspberry coconut.

On my own, at my mum’s, while she and the rest of the other residents were presumably being fed better food at my cousin’s.

I’d probably have felt worse if I got everyone else sick though. Probably.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115161 on: December 25, 2018, 06:38:04 am »

There is no Christmas miracle. I'm still ill, now my gut's making worrying gurgling noises and feels loose which means either a lot of gas or diarrhoea is brewing, and to top it off, the smell of cooked turkey makes me feel ill. Whether that's the illness or that it's bringing memories of the chicken dissection to the forefront (despite it being raw, I think the chicken had a somewhat similar smell) of my subconscious... No idea. Regardless, making coffee this morning was terrible.
Go mingle and fart loudly. The Christmas miracle this year will be sharing the gifts of Grandfather Nurgle
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115162 on: December 25, 2018, 10:27:41 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBobmn_u98w

Taiwanese commercial mastered the art of heartstring tugging.

What the fuck? How is this allowed to be on air? I thought I was going to be able to resist crying, but now i'm weeping and sniffling (and typing).

I realised after watching Kiwi (after posting it here) that it no longer makes me cry, so still only one thing on youtube that moistens my stony tearducts.
1: I dont find someone being deaf as something specially remarkable so I found the whole thing forced  (as in being bullied for having a deaf parent or suiciding over it)
2: the deaf thing was supposed to be a reveal but to me it was obvious that he was doing sign language from.minute 1
3: parents arent necessarily compatible with children bloodwise
4: even if they are transfusions between close relatives are generally avoided3
I'm pretty sure the guy was mute....

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115163 on: December 25, 2018, 11:33:31 am »

Fuck's sake, now I can't turn my eyes without them aching. And my laptop's only putting sound out of the left speaker. Even when I have headphones on.
Should you go hospital?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115164 on: December 25, 2018, 02:52:47 pm »

And check the balance on the sound options/configuration. Sounds like the balance is all they way to the left.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115165 on: December 25, 2018, 03:47:44 pm »

Blergh, cought a cold a couple of days back but it decided to go full power today of all days. Had a fever too, can't remember the last time I've had one, over a decade ago I think, it wasn't too high but high enough to incapacitate me for most of the day and probably for the next couple of days too, so possible new years plans are coming into question as well :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115166 on: December 25, 2018, 03:52:05 pm »

Well, yes. Ebola is mildly lethal. An exploding heart is highly lethal.
An exploding heart is lethal. Ebola may be lethal or may not; it is not mildly lethal.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115167 on: December 25, 2018, 05:22:40 pm »

And check the balance on the sound options/configuration. Sounds like the balance is all they way to the left.
Yeah, it was. No idea why that happened, mind.
Fuck's sake, now I can't turn my eyes without them aching. And my laptop's only putting sound out of the left speaker. Even when I have headphones on.
Should you go hospital?
Doubt it. If anything it's probably an up and coming ear infection that's messing with me right about now. At least with the lightheadedness.

Eyes are feeling better (not completely, but the ache has reduced) so that's something, and my bowels have gone from minor diarrhoea to being gassy enough to kill a cow.

Still feel like 6 kilos of shit in a 5 kilo bag though.

You know the saying. If life gives you shit, make shitcakes

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115168 on: December 25, 2018, 07:26:39 pm »

Dude, really, find some medical help. It seems like you are becoming a zombie or something.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115169 on: December 25, 2018, 07:50:47 pm »

Greatorder is a student. If he wants brains, it's only because he's worried about his next test.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7676 7677 [7678] 7679 7680 ... 8168