Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7586 7587 [7588] 7589 7590 ... 8169

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9529486 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #113805 on: July 29, 2018, 02:45:52 am »

I feel miserable. I can usually at least idly daydream of a more interesting future where I have somehow managed to "get my shit together", but just now I don't even know what I want my future to hold, let alone how to work towards it.

I had a rather nice idea along those lines a little while ago, but then I forgot it.
Also, being tormented by vague, aimless nostalgia for various ill-defined moments in the past, moments I can barely remember a thing about anyway. Just a sense of them being somehow pleasant.

Also I ran out of beer. And Canadian Club. The only alcohol left is... Southern Comfort, actually. My favourite non-beer tipple. Perhaps this current malaise shall resolve itself sooner than I thought. At least for a moment.
The SoCo isn't actually mine, which is why I haven't been drinking it. Just figured I'd clarify that before anyone thinks less of me for hesitating to get my drink on.

I wish it was raining right now. For some reason it feels like it should be.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113806 on: July 29, 2018, 09:33:47 pm »

Have a sinking feeling that everyone I know or even meet dislikes me. I'm constantly worried that I'm doing something embarrassing or being an asshole.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #113807 on: July 29, 2018, 10:04:49 pm »

That’s called being human. Also social anxiety.

Chances are you’re not doing anything too outrageous.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #113808 on: July 29, 2018, 10:11:21 pm »

The ending of Digital.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:13:39 pm by Eschar »

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113809 on: July 29, 2018, 10:18:34 pm »

Have a sinking feeling that everyone I know or even meet dislikes me. I'm constantly worried that I'm doing something embarrassing or being an asshole.

An easy way to help with that is to think about you handle these things with other people, and how hard it is for someone to really mess up the little things in a social situation badly enough that you'll remember or even notice. It's really only patterns of behavior and first impressions that make any impact at all.

One of my faults for instance is a relatively low tolerance for little annoyances, but practically the instant I get in a conversation with someone that mental circus vanishes, and afterwards I'd be unlikely to remember if the person had punched me in the face during the conversation if it otherwise ended agreeably.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113810 on: July 30, 2018, 10:38:48 am »

The ending of Digital.

May I ask what exactly this Digital is?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113811 on: July 30, 2018, 11:43:20 am »

Digital - A Love Story, presumably.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113812 on: July 31, 2018, 07:29:28 am »

So now if you don't belong to the party, you can't put gasoline on your car. I don't currently own one and I don't think I'll buy a new one before leaving this banana republic of mine, but sure this get to me nerves. People are either fleeing harder, eyeing bicycles or giving up and preparing to be a comrade the rest of their lives....

Among other thigs these monkeys are making is pegging the Bolivar with that cursed Petro "coin" which is nothing but a big scam and the petro is pegged to thebarrel of oil... But no one else in the world gives a damn since no one bough petro then our coin the Bolivar will be worth nothing too...

All these things and many more like some idiot saying all the children of the opposition should die so they don't grow up to oppose the regimen put me on a homicidal set of mind were I dream on killing every single one of them in the most gruesomely ways, publicly, because that's what they deserve for killing so many innocent people and making so many more miserable.... Ugggh

All of this simply takes out the worst of me, and I don't like it at all. I need to get us out soon.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:32:20 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113813 on: July 31, 2018, 09:38:45 am »

I think this is how revolutions happen. You can only oppress people so much until they have nothing to lose.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113814 on: July 31, 2018, 09:49:28 am »

So now if you don't belong to the party, you can't put gasoline on your car.

How do you tell if someone's in the party or not? Is there a card you have to register for?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113815 on: July 31, 2018, 09:55:35 am »

Yep there's a card. It's asked basically for everything now, medical attention on public facilities (or what little there is, which is nonexistent anyway), access to affordable food sponsored by them (which is still expensive and most of the time of dubious precedence), of you are opting for a job on a public institution, to get into the public education system, most of the public transport or what's left of it.... Virtually for everything, and soon it will be literally for everything. Of course having this card means you have to join the party otherwise you don't get one.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #113816 on: July 31, 2018, 10:40:56 am »

Sheesh. Man, that is not ok. I hope you can get out soon.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113817 on: July 31, 2018, 10:52:20 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 02:05:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113818 on: July 31, 2018, 11:11:59 am »

So Venezuela joins the "horrible dystopian country" club in my eyes, along with North Korea.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113819 on: July 31, 2018, 11:23:04 am »

wtf that's like crony capitalist north korea  :(

I hope you have a solid plan and good luck, just out of curiosity, would money help or would that just evaporate with the hyperinflation?
Money in a stable currency (like the dollar) has been holding it's value down there as far as I know.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 7586 7587 [7588] 7589 7590 ... 8169