Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7517 7518 [7519] 7520 7521 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8935212 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112770 on: March 28, 2018, 07:44:18 pm »

I understand what you mean by not being my fault, and while is true that it wasn't my fault, the car was under my responsibility. My sister went ballistic when I told her and demanded I fix it, the car didn't had the scratch when they gave it to me, why would they accept it with a scratch and on top pay for it?

At least I found them bread at a good price and got to buy a loaf for us too.  8)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #112771 on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:24 pm »

How much would scratch repair cost, anyway?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112772 on: March 28, 2018, 07:51:37 pm »

Have you considered....not paying?
Just make vague promises and push it off till never/you flee the country
This.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112773 on: March 28, 2018, 07:56:52 pm »

How much would scratch repair cost, anyway?
Hard to tell, I estimate anything from 5.000.000 to 25.000.000 Bolivares. Or between 18 and 80 dollars at current exchange rate, but is hard to know yet. It was a light scratch, only one of the ends actually dented the door,  maybe is one of those things the polishing can remove, if that's the case then maybe even 1 million will do.

Have you considered....not paying?
Just make vague promises and push it off till never/you flee the country
This.   
I really, really couldn't bear my self to do that, as much as it would be the easiest way.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 09:29:08 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #112774 on: March 28, 2018, 08:35:57 pm »

I don't really understand why the scratch needs to be fixed in the first place. It's cosmetic damage and frankly everybody has something better to spend their money on, unless they're super rich and need to appear perfect in all respects always. *shudder*

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #112775 on: March 28, 2018, 08:48:45 pm »

If it penetrated the clear coat, it isn't cosmetic. It is structural, as a primary purpose of the paint and clear coat is rust prevention.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112776 on: March 28, 2018, 09:33:16 pm »

Well it didn't open a hole in the door or anything, imagine somebody pressed with medium force the dull end (handgrip) of a small screwdriver or something against the door. The rest it seems it didn't cut to the paint. They are already on their place, didn't told me anything beyond they are going to ask how much is it.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112777 on: March 28, 2018, 10:11:28 pm »

I don't really understand why the scratch needs to be fixed in the first place. It's cosmetic damage and frankly everybody has something better to spend their money on, unless they're super rich and need to appear perfect in all respects always. *shudder*
This. I have scratched my car before, and also have a hole in my bumper from when my mother rammed into it, but I haven't felt the need to actually spend money fixing either because it really just doesn't matter at all.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112778 on: March 29, 2018, 04:38:11 am »

Some people are hung up on stuff like that. Especially if it happened in such a way that you can blame it on the family scapegoat.

My dad, on the other hand, used to have a best-up old wreck affectionately known as the "lead sled", which bloated a considerable number of war wounds and a noticeable 5 o'clock shadow of rust. The thing ran though, fairly consistently even.

My dad commented on how he always had plenty of room to maneuver on the freeway, and that nobody ever blocked him in by parking too close.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112779 on: March 29, 2018, 05:58:31 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:30:31 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112780 on: March 29, 2018, 06:38:09 am »

I saw someone in the parking lot at work had attached a large plank of wood to their car to act as a rear bumper. I was rather impressed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112781 on: March 29, 2018, 06:54:33 am »

I can never forget the culture shock I got when I went to Madrid.

Over here, if someone accidentally hits a bumper of another car while parking, people will scream and demand insurance papers and reimbursement.

In Madrid, it's normal for people to purposedly 'kiss' the bumpers of the cars in front and behind when parking in line, as a sign of affection, and no one thinks it's a problem to have some scratches on the bumper.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112782 on: March 29, 2018, 07:05:32 pm »

I can never forget the culture shock I got when I went to Madrid.

Over here, if someone accidentally hits a bumper of another car while parking, people will scream and demand insurance papers and reimbursement.

In Madrid, it's normal for people to purposedly 'kiss' the bumpers of the cars in front and behind when parking in line, as a sign of affection, and no one thinks it's a problem to have some scratches on the bumper.

I have a feeling someone told you that just so you don't get angry at them for accidentally hitting your bumper...
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112783 on: March 29, 2018, 07:29:52 pm »

Heh. My fervency concerning argument for the sake of argument has dimmed, but my appreciation for arguments based on rational thought and a flair for wit has increased. I love hearing a point made intelligently and concisely.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112784 on: March 29, 2018, 07:43:29 pm »

Y'know, I used to enjoy getting into arguments with people. Not yelling matches, but the kind of "Your point, my point, your point" ones. Nowadays all they seem to do is anger me.
This is obviously and irrefutably the work of The Kids These Days. Things were better Back Then, we know this to be true.
Pages: 1 ... 7517 7518 [7519] 7520 7521 ... 8159