Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7516 7517 [7518] 7519 7520 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8930985 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112755 on: March 28, 2018, 12:14:53 pm »

*gasps, runs out of forum screaming in horror*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112756 on: March 28, 2018, 12:40:31 pm »

"Gentlepeople, you can't nerd out here!  This is the DF forum!" -Lovestrange, Chief Medical Dwarf
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112757 on: March 28, 2018, 02:57:54 pm »

"Gentlepeople, you can't nerd out here!  This is the DF forum!" -Lovestrange, Chief Medical Dwarf

Excuse you I am a fish.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112758 on: March 28, 2018, 03:34:37 pm »

If they got off their high horse, sat down, and actually fucking thought about it, they'd realise they're not a genius, they're not wiser, they're generally not special. They're just a normal person that's got the idea that they ARE special wedged into their mind so hard they don't even think to try and analyse the bloody idea.

One of the things academia has taught me is that an inability to "actually think about it" is a prerequisite for this sort of delusion for exactly this reason -- and because being able to assess how far your knowledge actually goes is a necessary first step in prioritizing what is useful to learn. Without that, you end up knowing a little bit of surface-level knowledge about everything, which is a little bit more than most people know about any one thing but doesn't particularly qualify you to do anything but philosophize about what other people are doing and abuse a thesaurus trying to hide that fact.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 03:40:33 pm by Trekkin »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112759 on: March 28, 2018, 03:37:32 pm »

Now I'm sad I didn't say "Gentledwarves".  "Crossbowdwarf" still makes me snicker sometimes.

I'm still exercising too vigorously to really feel sad about anything, except I'm using these endorphin highs as just a healthier way (than alcohol) to avoid the strange depression I normally feel.  Bright side:  If I get addicted to endorphins (which is a thing), I'll have a classically sexy body and a chemical dependence on using it!  Addiction is totes a form of motivation, I'll take what I can get.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #112760 on: March 28, 2018, 04:49:50 pm »

Excuse you I am a fish.

Bettlejuicing?
In a time before time, I had a name.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112761 on: March 28, 2018, 05:16:46 pm »

Really hating the world this morning. >_<   

I really need to re-watch that sometime...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112762 on: March 28, 2018, 07:01:46 pm »

Was running a errands for my brother in law, I parked his car while buying bread and somebody scratched a door with a cycle or something. Now instead of getting a tip from him I have to pay for the repair... I don't even have a car myself anymore and well... This is a huge setback to the evacuation funds.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112763 on: March 28, 2018, 07:03:28 pm »

That's rather eejit-y of him.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112764 on: March 28, 2018, 07:06:52 pm »

Was running a errands for my brother in law, I parked his car while buying bread and somebody scratched a door with a cycle or something. Now instead of getting a tip from him I have to pay for the repair... I don't even have a car myself anymore and well... This is a huge setback to the evacuation funds.
Wow, that's incredibly rude. I can't imagine demanding a relative pay for repairs in that scenario. I have to recommend you refuse to pay. It's simply not your problem. Or, shouldn't be.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112765 on: March 28, 2018, 07:13:15 pm »

Agreed.  I'm familiar with cycle-scratches, having done them to my own car.  I don't see how a scratch like that could be interpreted as your fault.  You did them a service, I wouldn't let them use that against me if I were in your situation.
She/they

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112766 on: March 28, 2018, 07:15:12 pm »

Well, it's my problem because I was responsible for the car and didn't see o catch who was to demand payment from him/her.
It was already dark and well, I think it could have been a bicycle by the kind and height of the scratch. It doesn't seem that bad but every little car repair here is onerous, part of the reasons I had to become carless.

Edt: is still late and I have to pick them up from his parent's house and drive them home, I'll wait if after they see it we can come up with an arrangement, if they could pay the fix upfront I could pay in parts the total I think.
Thing is the car was under my responsibility, no matter what I was doing, if they demand a payment I'll comply.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:21:28 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #112767 on: March 28, 2018, 07:21:20 pm »

Have you considered....not paying?
Just make vague promises and push it off till never/you flee the country
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112768 on: March 28, 2018, 07:22:18 pm »

Well, it's my problem because I was responsible for the car and didn't see o catch who was to demand payment from him/her.
I don't agree that this makes it your problem.  :-\
In my cultural milieu, what would be expected is that you would be terribly apologetic and of course offer to pay for the damages, but the owner wouldn't actually accept because this is the kind of risk that was already accepted by letting you borrow the car in the first place. Small damages like that where the person at fault is unknown are basically treated as "nobody's fault" and the owner is the one responsible to fix them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112769 on: March 28, 2018, 07:28:59 pm »

Heh, maybe I just enjoy have scratches on my car, and scars on my person.

But you should only be responsible if you made a mistake.  If it happened while it was parked, that isn't your fault.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 7516 7517 [7518] 7519 7520 ... 8159