Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7515 7516 [7517] 7518 7519 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8931080 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112740 on: March 27, 2018, 03:34:51 pm »

Kongregate is still around and making mobile games
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112741 on: March 27, 2018, 03:40:35 pm »

Aaah. Those flash Creeper World.
He's still making those. Working on 4. 3 is on steam.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #112742 on: March 27, 2018, 04:06:21 pm »

Oh, amorphus+, that was cool.
I remember dancing around to see how further could the green blobs merge.

First queen destroyed me, never again went without the turret.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112743 on: March 27, 2018, 04:15:41 pm »

That game was so hard but fair.  As long as you stay away from the edge at all times.

Um, on-topic...  I totally failed my tabletop group and had to cancel my game, I guess.  It was a silly concept (some Rednecks turning out to be descended from Princes of Amber), but I thought I'd be able to wing it easier.  Apparently it was fun, but I burnt out after just two sessions.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112744 on: March 27, 2018, 04:29:00 pm »

Heeey, relationship troubles! Fun times, man. Currently going through a rough patch myself, as my relationship with my girlfriend is effectively dead and has been for the past 2-3 years.

Not that she knows, mind you. I haven't said anything because I don't want to make the break until I know I have somewhere else to lay my head, and I don't. She owns the (studio) apartment, and I'm horrible at doing anything, let alone something as major as home-hunting. Especially now with the upheaval going on between me and the social support system and a rapidly deteriorating mental state.

I honestly don't know if I can expect her to not go cataclysmic when I make it clear that I don't want to be romantically involved with her anymore, and even if she does keep cool, I can't ask to stock around here until I get settled, because I know that I'll never meet whatever deadline I set, and in the meantime we'll still be stacked pretty much on top of each other in the apartment's singular living/bedroom.

So, instead, I just sit here and try to keep from going off the deep end while constantly kicking myself for not being better about getting out of here and also for being a horrible person who'd go around planning the end behind her back and just generally being a horrible partner in the meantime.

I... I actually feel physically sick after we've been "intimate"... And since I've been "distant" lately, she's gotten pushier.

Our 4-year anniversary (not married, just together) is coming up this Friday. I'm... Not really looking forward to the joyous occasion.

Also, yes... RIP Linda Brown.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112745 on: March 27, 2018, 04:39:14 pm »

I loved the Bestiary for Amorphous so much. So much detail for literally no reason, it was great.

That game was so hard but fair.  As long as you stay away from the edge at all times.
I'm pretty sure there was an award for a biter jumping from offscreen and murdering you.

Granted, there was an achievement for everything in that game.
Oh, amorphus+, that was cool.
I remember dancing around to see how further could the green blobs merge.
I remember seeing the grey for the first time and it completely destroyed me (at least the death animations were cool). And I had some sort of bizarre infatuation with the weird mutant one that absorbed others: I enjoyed fighting them, so I kept letting them live until I got completely overrun.

I also remember that little tip: "If in the process of dueling the Queen, you both miss your swings and you actually manage to bump into her, you can pretty much expect to get creamed immediately. She's much quicker at reacting to that sort of thing then you are." I don't remember why I found that hilarious, but I did. It's also funny because it turned out to be completely true: you bump into her, and she just swings one of her blades into you immediately while your little blue guy is halfway through the recoil animation.

I personally always rocked the armors because I had some vague sense that this is what the cool kids who were really good at the game would do.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #112746 on: March 27, 2018, 08:20:01 pm »

Amorphous+ is really, really good.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112747 on: March 27, 2018, 08:41:19 pm »

<snip>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:59:22 pm by Mephisto »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112748 on: March 27, 2018, 09:13:00 pm »

Seeing as you’re in an at-will state, you can also leave without notice, unless otherwise specified in a contract.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112749 on: March 27, 2018, 09:20:01 pm »

<snip>
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:59:09 pm by Mephisto »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112750 on: March 27, 2018, 09:21:34 pm »

One of those things that really annoys me is the people that think they're some kind of bloody mentally superior individual. I'm not talking stereotypical neckbeard "I am a bastion of englihtenment" type people, but the ones that think that they have it worked out and that everyone else around them are just uneducated, illogical sheep.

It's the sheer lack of introspection they have. If they got off their high horse, sat down, and actually fucking thought about it, they'd realise they're not a genius, they're not wiser, they're generally not special. They're just a normal person that's got the idea that they ARE special wedged into their mind so hard they don't even think to try and analyse the bloody idea.
But what if they ARE mentally superior for real

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112751 on: March 27, 2018, 09:33:28 pm »

One of those things that really annoys me is the people that think they're some kind of bloody mentally superior individual. I'm not talking stereotypical neckbeard "I am a bastion of englihtenment" type people, but the ones that think that they have it worked out and that everyone else around them are just uneducated, illogical sheep.

It's the sheer lack of introspection they have. If they got off their high horse, sat down, and actually fucking thought about it, they'd realise they're not a genius, they're not wiser, they're generally not special. They're just a normal person that's got the idea that they ARE special wedged into their mind so hard they don't even think to try and analyse the bloody idea.
But what if they ARE mentally superior for real
High Int, low Wis. Only real way wisdom comes along is experience, and the best way to get experience is through time.
Depends what you’re doing.

Given your analogy, murdering things is the best way to get experience. Or role-playing, but that’s not as fun as murdering things.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112752 on: March 27, 2018, 09:41:24 pm »

Exactly, how well you execute your plans.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112753 on: March 28, 2018, 12:36:37 am »

WIS is also your general awareness of your surroundings which is why it's linked to both Sense Motive (reading people) and perception (reading the environment).

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112754 on: March 28, 2018, 05:57:02 am »

Guys, I don't want to alarm you, but I think you may have just nerded out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7515 7516 [7517] 7518 7519 ... 8159