Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7511 7512 [7513] 7514 7515 ... 8159

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8935347 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112680 on: March 22, 2018, 08:37:19 am »

All things end in time. *puts a shotgun to the sad threads head* I just happen to be time's end zone referee.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #112681 on: March 22, 2018, 09:41:05 am »

Fool! Only the great Toad has the power to vanquish the great emotion threads with his mighty hammer!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112682 on: March 22, 2018, 09:51:02 am »

His mighty, slimy, oozy hammer which may or may not exude streams of frogspawn which then slither into your mouth. The newly made toadpoles wait in your belly, feasting on the food there until it's all gone and then you become the food and they devour you from the inside out until they burst from your over-ripe eyes and stream down your cheeks like tears. Gelatinous, slimy tears.

Nice day, isn't it?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #112684 on: March 22, 2018, 01:05:38 pm »

I don't follow. All those words mean the same thing.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #112685 on: March 22, 2018, 01:11:57 pm »

His mighty, slimy, oozy hammer which may or may not exude streams of frogspawn which then slither into your mouth. The newly made toadpoles wait in your belly, feasting on the food there until it's all gone and then you become the food and they devour you from the inside out until they burst from your over-ripe eyes and stream down your cheeks like tears. Gelatinous, slimy tears.

Nice day, isn't it?
All those moments will be lost in time, like gelatinous slimy tears in rain
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112686 on: March 22, 2018, 02:29:14 pm »

I don't follow. All those words mean the same thing.

I see what you did there.

Father Jack would be proud. /find your own feckin' video
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112687 on: March 22, 2018, 02:30:10 pm »

I wasn't expecting to find body-horror in the sad thread, but I was pleasantly horrified.  Bay12 is nothing if not creative!
(The sheer heresy gives it a scary kick)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112688 on: March 22, 2018, 02:42:31 pm »

Oh yeah, yesterday (the 21st) was my Birthday. Yay me, I'm 29 now.

Anyway, there was no celebration for me, I spent the whole day alone, eating pizza and ice cream by myself. It wasn't too bad.

My mom and my sister spent it having fun in Orlando, Florida, on vacation from... nothing I guess because Mom doesn't work and Jade already has a very laissez faire attitude towards high school. Anyway, I have to drive her to the airport and back, because she just can't drive herself, costing me something like 60 dollars in gas, and my entire three day weekend as I have to reschedule my sleep schedule to being ready to make these trips and to routinely look after her dogs that she left behind.... ANYWAY immediately after the return trip home, my alternator in my car breaks, my car dies in the middle of the road, and I need to get it towed and then repaired, which is something like 260 more dollars. So: 320 dollars, my own weekend, and my general peace of mind sacrificed for my Mom and Sister's excellent, unnecessary adventure.

I guess I should have just told them to piss off when they asked if I could drive them to the airport.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112689 on: March 22, 2018, 07:17:22 pm »

A new global research shows that there is much more plastic polluting the oceans that previously assumed. With an estimated 80 million tons of plastic, that's 4 times more than the previous estimate.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112690 on: March 22, 2018, 09:15:34 pm »

If only I could be a monk in a simpler time.  Scribing simple truths, working hard, having an occasional tipple.
Preserving Precursor lessons for an indiscernible future time.  Planting crops.
Resisting temptations.

I would have done well at that life.  I'm not even that interested in men, really, much less women.

Of course, the monks had it good.  Agrarian like most people, but with protection from the wars.  And tithes.  And maybe even literacy (though many of them only copied, not understanding the glyphs they wrote).
Sadness.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112691 on: March 22, 2018, 09:33:45 pm »

If only I could be a monk in a simpler time.  Scribing simple truths, working hard, having an occasional tipple.
Resisting temptations.

I would have done well at that life.  I'm not even that interested in men, really, much less women.

Of course, the monks had it good.  Agrarian like most people, but with protection from the wars.  And tithes.  And maybe even literacy (though many of them only copied, not understanding the glyphs they wrote).
Sadness.
I mean, you could, that's basically what I do. :/

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112692 on: March 22, 2018, 09:38:59 pm »

Resisting temptations.

Sadness.

When I saw that link I was sure it'd be this.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112693 on: March 22, 2018, 10:33:09 pm »

Resisting temptations.

Sadness.
There are still monks, you know. You can still be one.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112694 on: March 22, 2018, 10:52:11 pm »

Temptations of the internet > temptations of the flesh
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 7511 7512 [7513] 7514 7515 ... 8159