Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7477 7478 [7479] 7480 7481 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9510683 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #112170 on: December 30, 2017, 07:09:41 am »

A BDSM-inclined friend of mine once thought of something different when I was using the abbreviation for cognitive behavioral therapy. I cannot get the association out of my head.
Well now everyone wants to know what it was. You can't leave us hanging like that!
It's easy to google and the first two words are against forum rules. The third one is 'torture'.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112171 on: December 30, 2017, 07:48:18 am »

A BDSM-inclined friend of mine once thought of something different when I was using the abbreviation for cognitive behavioral therapy. I cannot get the association out of my head.
Well now everyone wants to know what it was. You can't leave us hanging like that!
It’s too early in the morning to finish it myself, but BDSM and leaving people hanging... someone can come up with a joke for it, I’m sure.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112172 on: December 30, 2017, 10:51:16 pm »

Apparently my father in law is having a chest angina or worst. He's been rushed to the hospital. My wife is crying her heart out. I hope for the best.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112173 on: December 31, 2017, 12:36:56 am »

Past few weeks I've been on a psychological pendulum, between being halfway normal and hard depression.  I'm honestly finding it difficult to even interact with people anymore.  People never even hear me and more often than not I end up repeating everything I say at least three times.  Not to mention nobody will initiate any sort of interaction with me (I can go anywhere in public and no one will even see me), I have to do all the initiation myself, in which there's a damn good chance they won't even notice.  Its just draining to the point where I don't even feel like bothering anymore, why waste my breath on nothing.  My social circle, if I even ever really had one, has been on a steady decline.  I don't know how to actually meet people anymore really.

I also really don't have any real way to vent out or talk about my problems.  My gut reaction is to push people away when the notice, and as a male I'm expected to bottle everything anyway.  Dad just gets frustrated, like I'm being depressed just to spite him or something.  He just doesn't get it, like he can just throw money at a problem or its some sort of easy two step solution.  And then he just ends up calling me a lazy sack of shit or something, like I'm supposed to just walk ten feet from the house and reach up and harvest the happy life tree.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112174 on: December 31, 2017, 01:32:15 am »

It's easy to google and the first two words are against forum rules. The third one is 'torture'.
For those curious, the B stands for 'and ball'
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112175 on: December 31, 2017, 02:24:28 am »

C stands for rooster.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112176 on: December 31, 2017, 02:43:44 am »

None of those words are against forum rules.
Love, scriver~

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #112177 on: December 31, 2017, 02:52:16 am »

*Crosses legs*
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #112178 on: December 31, 2017, 03:43:14 am »

None of those words are against forum rules.

Eh, depends how you use 'em.

I imagine the particular order they come in (pun..?) is not great seeing as there are few things it could mean.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112179 on: December 31, 2017, 06:24:13 pm »

There's this gnawing sense of despair in me, like I'll never get out of my rut of mediocrity. Like I'll never be someone I want to be. I don't always have the energy to read textbooks or do other self improvement stuffs, and video games feel like a waste of time and I don't feel like I gain anything profound more than numbing my senses and wasting some time. Masturbation makes me feel unattractive and worthless. I just don't know how to spend my time, like, at all.

Maybe I should get a job while I wait for university to start.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:27:36 pm by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112180 on: December 31, 2017, 09:14:39 pm »

Starting a job usually can get you going on having some sort of purpose.  Problem is, at least in my experience, is actually getting a job.  Job searching can really be grueling carpet bombing of resumes that rarely if ever generates any sort of response at all.  I had a three month death march of a job search after graduating this year, and still basically ended up in a dead end that has nothing to do with my degree, and my coworkers haven't even got out of high school yet.  By about month two I felt like even more useless shit.  Really the best advice I can give you is to just set a goal of ten or fifteen resumes a week and just power through it.  Unfortunately 90% of job searching is done online, however my current job was gotten by just spending a week cruising the town and asking/applying literally anywhere that had a help wanted sign.  Got maybe four responses.

The other end of the spectrum is getting burned out at your job.  Unless its something your absolutely passionate about, its probably going to happen eventually.  Working a register was fun at first, but now I just feel like some sort of robot.  Which means I'm working on sending resumes again, and hopefully leverage the job and experience I have now to get something better or at least different.

Another route is to do some sort of exercise.  It can be very hard to set up and build a habit out of it, but at least you'll be improving yourself.  I practiced martial arts for a couple years, didn't really make me more fit, but being capable of throwing someone twice my weight over my shoulder must be worth something, right?  Kinda wish I didn't leave, really.  January might be the worst month to start hitting a gym, though.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #112181 on: December 31, 2017, 09:28:15 pm »

I have nepotism on my side.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #112182 on: January 01, 2018, 01:57:03 am »

You could always volunteer at a soup kitchen or second hand shop or something similar.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112183 on: January 03, 2018, 04:49:25 am »

I've been thinking about what my new year's resolution should be, and even though I'm surrounded by people that are older than I am and thoroughly jaded by the world enough to simply not care about sentimental things like that, a part of me wants to feel that there are special days that mean something, as I sat in my workplace alone as midnight hit, wishing that I had somebody to spend it with, again.

I mentioned before that I'm a virgin at 28, so I was thinking of just joining Tinder or something and getting rid of it with the help of a (hopefully) attractive stranger. I'd imagine a lot of people wouldn't consider that to be a big deal, but I'm highly reluctant to fully embrace the cynical commoditization of romance and the shallow instrumentalization of people as self-advertisement, or the idea that life is an exercise in hedonic pleasure and nothing else. But then there's another part of me that acts my own devil's advocate and says "God, stop being such a pretentious dickless wimp and just accept that humans are stupid creatures. They find purpose in life when treated as tools and objects, and find happiness through social interaction, and just because that interaction is artificially simplified through a digital abstraction, who fucking cares? Just stop worrying over nothing and jump in. You can worry if you'll drown or not later!"

I wouldn't consider this a sad, atleast not sad enough for the sad thead, but I couldn't think of another place to put this thought.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112184 on: January 03, 2018, 10:43:10 am »

I've fallen into a productivity funk, and I'm not sure how to get out of it.
Pages: 1 ... 7477 7478 [7479] 7480 7481 ... 8168