Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7463 7464 [7465] 7466 7467 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511816 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111960 on: November 20, 2017, 04:10:38 pm »

I thought I was ok/almost happy mentally but now im not so sure.
Gah.
I'm feeling very lonely. I don't think I'm depressed, just very sad at my current situation.

I recommend kitten/puppy therapy. If you don't have any, you can always go visit some in a pet store/shelter. It won't fix your situation, but it should make you feel less lonely and a bit happier.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111961 on: November 21, 2017, 07:56:47 am »

God, some days I just feel too stupid to even be alive. Like, what happened was that I'm pulled into a T intersection that is pretty small and narrow imo, but there's a garbage truck taking a turn, and I can see that he's taking the turn very close, and I'm thinking I might get snagged by his rear wheels... so i hit my car into reverse to avoid an accident, and bump into the person behind me.

Like, there was no damage done, maybe a small scuff, and the person behind me wasn't even angry and let me go, but like, do I even know how cars and driving works? Was that a legitimate concern I had? Cause when I'm in the drivers seat, I CANNOT for the life of me tell what the exact size and dimensions of my own car are, so I have to make the best possible educated guess I can, and even when it comes to small stuff like just parking, I'm always slightly undershooting or overshooting where I want to actually go because even though I've been driving for like 6-7 years now, I'm still not confident about what exactly my car can or cannot do. I often just feel that the only reason I can drive at all is because I'm good at following rules like the perfect little teacher's pet bitch I am, and when I have to do something that isn't in the rules, I just fucking fail. Just fucking kill me.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111962 on: November 21, 2017, 08:48:58 am »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:29:53 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111963 on: November 21, 2017, 04:25:58 pm »

@Joshua: okay dude, you need to just take a deep breath and chill before you give yourself a conniption. I know how easy it is to beat oneself up in such a situation, but remember, everyone has those moments where they are shocked, amazed and horrified by the boundless lengths of their own stupidity, when they feel as though they ought to spontaneously wink out of existence due to the sheer volume of concentrated idiocy causing the fabric of reality to tear beneath their immense weight and send them plunging straight into the Plane of Dumb.

Derp moments like that are only unforgivable if you make them so - just take another deep breath, smile at how you overreacted and put it behind you.
Trust me, you're not too dumb to be alive. If there was such a thing as a "stupidest person/dumbest mistake/most embarrassing moment on Earth" contest the entire human race would be fighting it out to claim the title - anyone who chose not to compete would either be lying to themselves or have achieved a truly superhuman sense of Zen... or perhaps be too dumb to even be aware of their dumb moments, which is the only truly scary thought here. ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111964 on: November 21, 2017, 04:46:52 pm »

I mean, that's actually not a rare problem with driving. My wife has a similar issue and has trouble parking on her right-hand side because it's hard for her to estimate mentally the position of her vehicle.

It doesn't mean you're stupid. Frankly "I might get hit by a garbage truck" sounds like a 100% legit reason to do something like that. Sounds like you are fairly responsible there, even if it ended up being a mistake.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111965 on: November 21, 2017, 05:23:46 pm »

Humans aren't exactly endowed with innate senses of the proportion of the metal death-beetles we encase ourselves in now-a-days.

I mean. You got like three mirrors to see the rest of your car; that's it. And they don't even cover all of it. And even if they did, we're also not that great at innately translating a distorted and cut-up mirrored image of our surrounding metal beetle into an actual mental map, enough to know the end-bits are at all times.

we're not even that good at our *own* bodies end-bits being in the places we think they are, not 100% of the time; and we've only been pilotting THOSE around for a couple hundred million years, give or take. (couple dozen million for the vague shape we got now, even) The death-beetles having been around for the eons that is... About a hundred years.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #111966 on: November 21, 2017, 05:28:22 pm »

You got like three mirrors to see the rest of your car; that's it. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111967 on: November 21, 2017, 06:35:40 pm »

Humans aren't exactly endowed with innate senses of the proportion of the metal death-beetles we encase ourselves in now-a-days.

I mean. You got like three mirrors to see the rest of your car; that's it. And they don't even cover all of it. And even if they did, we're also not that great at innately translating a distorted and cut-up mirrored image of our surrounding metal beetle into an actual mental map, enough to know the end-bits are at all times.

we're not even that good at our *own* bodies end-bits being in the places we think they are, not 100% of the time; and we've only been pilotting THOSE around for a couple hundred million years, give or take. (couple dozen million for the vague shape we got now, even) The death-beetles having been around for the eons that is... About a hundred years.

T' be fair you don't need to know precisely where things are around your car at all times, just a general idea that there's some asshat going what seems like a thousand miles an hour coming up on your left, there's someone else tailgating you despite you going 5 over, and you're trying to avoid that idiot cyclist on your right who is wearing black at night.

People are fucking stupid, your basic goal when driving is to anticipate just how fucking stupid they're going to be. People seem to be very good at anticipating when I'm being fucking stupid.

As fer Joshua's issue, he did the sensible thing, just forgot to check his mirror. Cars have bumpers, the person behind him was alright, nobody got smooshed to a thin red paste. Success.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111968 on: November 21, 2017, 06:55:11 pm »

People are fucking stupid, your basic goal when driving is to anticipate just how fucking stupid they're going to be. People seem to be very good at anticipating when I'm being fucking stupid.
QFFT

I'm still surprised on a regular basis.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111969 on: November 21, 2017, 07:23:58 pm »

QFFT

I'm still surprised on a regular basis.

FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111970 on: November 21, 2017, 07:38:41 pm »

What's with the melting dude?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111971 on: November 21, 2017, 08:02:31 pm »

Well, it was a very severe burn that you handed out, when interpreted properly.

You did not specify that it was yourself that surprised you.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111972 on: November 21, 2017, 08:17:37 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:25:02 pm by dragdeler »
let

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111973 on: November 21, 2017, 08:22:17 pm »

...Oh. Ohhhhhhh.

Now I see how that could have been interpreted. Yes, it was the first sentence I was responding to.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111974 on: November 21, 2017, 08:24:27 pm »

*waters the seeds of chaos that he has planted*

*flies away*
Pages: 1 ... 7463 7464 [7465] 7466 7467 ... 8168