Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7461 7462 [7463] 7464 7465 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9511592 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111930 on: November 15, 2017, 06:33:59 pm »

Every time my mother speaks to me I want to punch her.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #111931 on: November 15, 2017, 09:07:43 pm »

Punch her before she speaks to you.

She likely won’t speak to you again! Problem solved.

But she’s my mo-

PROBLEM SOLVED
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111932 on: November 15, 2017, 10:46:26 pm »

There should be a 'what made you gnaw on your knuckles in frustration today' thread for this, but I suppose that would only end in getting locked.

This Windows Compatibility Telemetry thing is really getting out of control.
Every time I restart my computer (which I kinda have stopped doing except for updates, for this reason) I can't do anything with my pc for the first 5-10 minutes, because WCT is eating 99% of my hard disk. Webpages won't load, everything is slow as fuck.

Why haven't they gotten rid of it already, or at least make it easy to stop it from running? Everyone I ever talked to hates it with a passion.

What is that? I've never heard of that or been affected by it. My system boots up quick without having anything like that going on.

Looking into it, you should at least be able to reduce the amount of stuff it sends, and if not, set your connection to a metered connection so that it doesn't try and send data.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:49:05 pm by Reelya »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111933 on: November 16, 2017, 12:31:57 am »

Yoink is Australian.

Can't think of anything major there to cause him such anguish though. Just the Gay, and the constitutional crisis about politicians resigning in droves. Don't see he'd be too fussed over *those* though. Something else?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111934 on: November 16, 2017, 06:13:15 pm »

Please do not quote:

No one needs this. No one wants this. They're still pushing it:
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/fcc-plans-vote-overturn-u-002042963.html

Found the secret to immortality; bad news, its only available to the overturn net neutrality thing.

Please do not quote:
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111935 on: November 16, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »

Oh, but you're wrong @Truean, the big telecom companies want it very much!

And, of course, they're willing to pay quite handsomely to our politicians to get rid of net neutrality.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111936 on: November 16, 2017, 08:44:11 pm »

Its utterly infuriating.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111937 on: November 17, 2017, 01:53:21 am »

As if I didn't already have enough reasons to hate this awful little country I'm doomed to live in. :c   

This sounds like you'd probably hate anywhere you were born. Like, the UK :-

- three times the population of Australia packed in like sardines into a tiny country
    - to put this in perspective, Australia has three people per square km, while UK has 395.
    - To put that in further perspective, greater melbourne is 100x100 km, and has 4 million people, so it also has 400 people per sq.km.
    - UK is a wall-to-wall Melbourne basically, but completely full of English people. No thanks.
- extremely rigid class heirarchy. you think the Liberal Party of Australia are arrogant pricks? Try the Tories.
- wet and miserable like all the time
- everything costs a lot
- minimum wage 2/3rds of Australia, even though nothing is cheaper
- the girls are all either upper/middle class snobs or complete back-alley trollops. I've met British women here on holidays, they were all awful.
- You have to have a special license to watch TV
- they have electricity for renters that you have to pre-pay by sticking coins in or you freeze to death. Because poor people can't be trusted. And if poor people run out of money for electricity, fuck'em. They're poor people:
https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/24540/what-exactly-does-one-bar-fire-with-50p-in-the-meter-mean

Does that fucking sound like what you want? Half the people there would kill to have Australian citizenship.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 02:20:32 am by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111938 on: November 17, 2017, 07:54:56 am »

As if I didn't already have enough reasons to hate this awful little country I'm doomed to live in. :c   

This sounds like you'd probably hate anywhere you were born. Like, the UK :-

- three times the population of Australia packed in like sardines into a tiny country
    - to put this in perspective, Australia has three people per square km, while UK has 395.

Which is why vast areas of Scotland have no people in it :P Scotland has one motorway, that doesn’t even extend beyond the central belt!

- UK is a wall-to-wall Melbourne basically, but completely full of English people. No thanks.

Fucking excuse me? :o

- extremely rigid class heirarchy. you think the Liberal Party of Australia are arrogant pricks? Try the Tories.

Er... point.

- wet and miserable like all the time

Wet /=/ miserable. Who wants blazing hot sunshine and skin cancer all the time.

- everything costs a lot

Booze can be cheap /ignore minimum pricing laws in Scotland that are in the process of going ahead

- minimum wage 2/3rds of Australia, even though nothing is cheaper

Nobody wants your silly Aussie money.

- the girls are all either upper/middle class snobs or complete back-alley trollops. I've met British women here on holidays, they were all awful.

Says more about the type of person attracted to Australia.

- You have to have a special license to watch TV

You have to have a special license to avoid a fine for watching TV, and tolerate intimidating letters if you don’t too.

- they have electricity for renters that you have to pre-pay by sticking coins in or you freeze to death. Because poor people can't be trusted. And if poor people run out of money for electricity, fuck'em. They're poor people:
https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/24540/what-exactly-does-one-bar-fire-with-50p-in-the-meter-mean

Some places man.

Does that fucking sound like what you want? Half the people there would kill to have Australian citizenship.

Sounds alright. Go to Edinburgh, be a bartender like every other Australian /stereotypes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111939 on: November 17, 2017, 08:12:26 am »

<double post>
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:23:25 am by Reelya »

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111940 on: November 17, 2017, 08:18:38 am »

By what I said about the size, Melbourne is 10,000 sq km, just the part that's considered the city. England is only about 20 times that, and Scotland is only 8 times that. We have gaps between city suburbs bigger than what are considered completely distinct regions in the UK. I wasn't being mean, just pointing out to Yoink, that he lives in a huge continent where there's room to move without falling over tons of people constantly, he shouldn't dismiss that as shit.

Some places man

Yeah, poor places. That's the point, and that's what's wrong with it.

It's fucked up that they let any poor people at all live like that, literally freezing in English winters because they're poor and can't put coins in the meter. That shit wouldn't be legal here.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:23:00 am by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111941 on: November 17, 2017, 03:26:01 pm »

I were being facetious. The UK is shite.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111942 on: November 17, 2017, 03:27:59 pm »

So's your face
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111943 on: November 17, 2017, 03:34:11 pm »

Your mum.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #111944 on: November 17, 2017, 03:57:12 pm »

No, your Troglodyte.

Wait, sorry, meant to say 'mum.'
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 7461 7462 [7463] 7464 7465 ... 8168