Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7440 7441 [7442] 7443 7444 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9509367 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111615 on: September 19, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »

I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind. I can't stop snippets of music from playing over and over in my head, I increasingly detach from myself and have conversations I can't remember minutes later, and I go to bed bone tired and too sleepy to focus only to lie awake for hours, still bone tired and too sleepy to focus. I'm just hoping that in the break at the end of this week I'll recover somewhat.

I know I've complained about this before, but my word this is irritating.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111616 on: September 19, 2017, 02:28:13 pm »

I'd really recommend getting that looked at if it persists. Something like that could have a neurological explanation (e.g. pressure on the brain, blood flow issues).

Also, focus on the sleep issues. Getting those fixed is often a good start.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:30:40 pm by Reelya »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111617 on: September 19, 2017, 04:10:58 pm »

Another major earthquake hit Mexico today. At 7.4, not as heavy as the 8.1 earthquake 2 weeks ago, yet already over 40 of dead have been reported.
In the first few days following the 8.2 earthquake, over 800 aftershocks had already rocked the country, some as heavy as 6.0, but this one's epicenter is landbased, at 51km depth in the state of Puebla contrary to the previous earthquake, which had it's epicenter under the ocean floor.

https://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/tientallen-doden-door-weer-een-aarbeving-in-mexico~a4517444/

EDIT: death toll rising fast, at 119 already, which is more than with the 8.1 quake.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:56:29 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111618 on: September 19, 2017, 11:20:23 pm »

Yeah, earthquakes with higher epicenters are much worse even if their total energy released is lower. It seems likely that the impact of an earthquake decreases as the square of the distance from the epicenter, so even though this earthquake was somewhere around 10 times weaker, much more of its energy actually affected things on the surface.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111619 on: September 20, 2017, 02:45:27 am »

Another (or the same) shithead has been placing oil on the Capital City Trail and removing warning signs, on a particularly sharp, off-camber turn on a path used almost exclusively by commuter cyclists in my city. This is something like the tenth case of someone deliberately targeting cyclists over the last two years, and the third with oil being poured on a difficult turn.

I don't cycle on this trail particularly often, unless I'm on my way home from uni exams, as it passes by both the exam venue and the station easiest for me to start heading home from. That being said, I can visualise exactly where this is occurring - it's on the side of the trail, right next to the creek (Melbourne's most polluted watercourse, the Moonee Ponds Creek - heavy industry on both sides, an elevated freeway above it). A metal railing is the only thing preventing a falling cyclist from careening into the gloopy water. This particular turn turns left, but the camber of the turn is sloped to the right; something akin to cycling on the side of a hill, perpendicular to the slope.

Last time this happened, a healthcare professional was on her way to work when she came off and smashed her mouth on the railing, necessitating emergency maxillofacial surgery. It is only a matter of time before it happens again, and it seems like our coppers aren't too keen on doing much about it, to the point that there are some folks actually talking about setting up a pirate CCTV camera to watch the track 24/7.

This is the spot. The pin is at the end of the turn - the turn itself is obscured, underneath the freeway, but you can see that it is a relatively sharp turn.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111620 on: September 20, 2017, 09:26:24 am »

Wow, what the hell. Why would anyone do that?
Love, scriver~

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111621 on: September 20, 2017, 10:37:01 am »

Sooo fucking tired. Can't go to bed because my blankets got pissed on by a cat again. I'm at the laundromat waiting for them to dry. It might never happen. I was just gonna sleep here, but people are so fucking loud. Work was rough as shit, havent slept in 36 hours or something, feet hurt. On top of the usual loneliness and sadness and anxiety that never goes away.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111622 on: September 20, 2017, 10:41:13 am »

Have you taken your cat to the vet yet?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #111623 on: September 20, 2017, 11:13:30 am »

-snip-
This is just nuts. I hope something gets done about this.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #111624 on: September 20, 2017, 12:59:10 pm »

Have you taken your cat to the vet yet?

Plural. And we can't afford to get any of the fuckers fixed right now. I'm honestly thinking about shooting all these fucking toms.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111625 on: September 20, 2017, 03:50:17 pm »

Is it a tomcat spraying it's scent on your blankets, or is it a cat that's urinating on it? If the former, yeah, neutering would fix that once you can afford, but if you can't a washing machine will do the trick.
If the latter, fuck not having money, you have a cat that has a serious medical problem and should really see a vet. Not taking it to see one would be terrible animal abuse.

ASking this because you said 'pissed on my blankets'. Tomcats spraying is not pissing. It's anal gland fluid, not pee.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:52:22 pm by martinuzz »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111626 on: September 20, 2017, 03:54:18 pm »

Wow, what the hell. Why would anyone do that?

I dunno. The tacks that were scattered on Yarra Boulevard were done at a funnel where the boulevard diverges off into being a split cycle lane and road, and the tacks were never scattered on the road. My guess is it's some psychopathic motorist who's freaking out about the upcoming changes to road laws that requires that cars give bicycles a metre's berth.

-snip-
This is just nuts. I hope something gets done about this.

Yeah, you and me both.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111627 on: September 20, 2017, 06:01:04 pm »

This has been an exceptionally shit day.

Started out pretty bad. Hit and more than likely killed a bird while driving. It was dark, so I only saw it in the last second or so as it passed in front of me and then tried desperately to evade. If the "thud" was any indication, it didn't work.

My work schedule for the day was either made by someone who had no idea what my start time was, or by someone who knew damn well and wanted me to suffer. Appointments were way *way* later than someone of my start time should be scheduled for, and as a direct result I spent a minimum of 3 hours waiting at each stop. At the second (and final) stop, it was a whopping 6 hours.

I literally just now got home, after a 13.5 hour day. I have to be awake in 9 hours for tomorrow's shift.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #111628 on: September 21, 2017, 01:49:17 am »

https://www.popsugar.com/news/Trump-Court-Nominee-Talking-About-Transgender-Children-44052801

I hesitate to even quote from the article; it scares me. There are people in positions of power, or who are being nominated for positions of power, with views that are not friendly to gay or trans individuals, at all.... Our society hasn't "moved on" or "evolved," when this is a thing. Quote, "Here, we see some of the oldest and most offensive arguments against gay marriage. And this rhetoric is getting uncomfortably familiar when it comes to Trump nominees. Earlier in September, Trump picked Sam Clovis for chief scientist for the Department of Agriculture. Clovis, who is not a scientist, thinks gay marriage leads to pedophilia."

Too many people have asked why I'm careful about everything.... It's as if I don't know some ... thing and should loosen up.... No. Those individuals are free to risk everything if they so choose. I'm just trying to mind my own business and not draw any more attention to myself than necessary without living under a proverbial rock. I'm fairly reasonably scared when there appears to be a trend.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111629 on: September 21, 2017, 04:15:07 pm »

Hopefully whoever gets put in office after trump gets impeached removes whoever else of his team haven't also gotten impeached... or shot

EDIT: Also, is it bad that I'm now legititmatley hoping someone kills the president of the united states? I'm not going to do it NSA and whichever other groups are looking at my information as they read this (probably illegally) but still
Pages: 1 ... 7440 7441 [7442] 7443 7444 ... 8168