Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7420 7421 [7422] 7423 7424 ... 8168

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 9500109 times)

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #111315 on: August 04, 2017, 11:17:07 am »

What has been a happy turned into a slight sad, but how quickly it happened is what bothers me the most.

After four months battling writer's block, I finally sat down and wrote the next chapter to my fanfic and posted in on the SpaceBattles Forum. I put in lots of hints about future events in the chapter, enough for people to hopefully start speculating and discussing. The reception after posting was mostly positive, but no one had started to discuss any theories.

People stopped posting after 18 hours, and people viewing reached zero after 24. Even the likes people usually give slowed and finally stopped.

I encouraged discussion wherever possible, but no one wanted to say anything. The little hints I dropped went completely ignored. The potential repercussions of triggering certain events early went mostly undiscussed. Sure, the fic gets a new chapter after four months of silence, and there was plenty of discussion then that lasted several days, but why would enthusiasm dry up so quickly? People need validation to fuel their motivation.

Ugh, maybe I need to drop something more substantial. I can post a link here if anyone is interested in reading a RWBY/Warframe crossover fic.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111316 on: August 04, 2017, 02:06:09 pm »

-snip

People stopped posting after 18 hours, and people viewing reached zero after 24. Even the likes people usually give slowed and finally stopped.

-snip-

I mean, I read a lot and I can certainly move onto a new book within that timeframe. I read it, talk to a couple friends about it, then find something else. It takes something on the level of Harry Potter for it to become a recurring talking point IME. Doesn't mean the book/story I read is bad, or that I didn't enjoy it.

Don't lose your confidence, keep writing :)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #111317 on: August 04, 2017, 02:53:48 pm »

I mean, I read a lot and I can certainly move onto a new book within that timeframe. I read it, talk to a couple friends about it, then find something else. It takes something on the level of Harry Potter for it to become a recurring talking point IME. Doesn't mean the book/story I read is bad, or that I didn't enjoy it.

Don't lose your confidence, keep writing :)
The thing is, there was a lot of discussion back when I was posting new chapters more frequently. Maybe it was that I expected people to read into the characters' actions and plot events more.

Regardless, the next few chapters should give the readers plenty to think about.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111318 on: August 04, 2017, 03:16:17 pm »

Depressed again. Can't muster the oomph to describe it today.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #111319 on: August 04, 2017, 05:53:24 pm »

Depressed and bored. I'm stuck in the hospital again, because my lung collapsed for the fourth time this year. And apparently my OD was considered an accident, presumably because they don't have to fill out as much paperwork that way. So that's... something.

I also had a doctor tell me that "[I'll] faint eventually if I keep that up." when I was hyperventilating in his office. Turns out the hyperventilating was from my third collapsed lung. He also told me my cough was from a cyst in my thyroid, which it turns out is not actually possible with cysts that small. And he is the only doctor for an entire psych ward and everyone who works there wants him to quit. Luckily I got out, mostly because they decided I wasn't treatable there.

I also... really want to apologize to my ex. Even though I dumped him for perfectly valid reasons, and I'm doing a lot better now that I'm not with him, I still feel bad about it. And I stayed with him a lot longer than I should have, because I didn't want to hurt him. I won't apologize, because like... for what? dumping him? But I still want to.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:03:17 pm by Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111320 on: August 04, 2017, 07:21:08 pm »

honorary hugpile on Kaladin

cuz a real one would be kind of a dick move; don't want to collapse your lungs *again* via internet hugpile
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111321 on: August 04, 2017, 07:26:15 pm »

@Kaladin

I mean, unless you were leading him on or something you don't have anything to apologize for. Even then it is 100% understandable to need to work up to breaking up with someone. It's not always easy. I wouldn't worry about owing him an apology, since your reasons were valid.

Also, stop collapsing your lungs, it's bad for you.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111322 on: August 04, 2017, 07:33:28 pm »

Gma can barely hear anyone, especially over the phone, yet I'm almost positive she could hear that I'm drunk.  Fuck...  well I mean, it's not news.

Ah well.  I *am* driving 4 hours tomorrow, to drive us 2 hours to a family reunion, because my parents and brother and her daughter flaked/rejected.  And I'm also going to be reviewing homes in the area, partially because I want to live closer to her, because they're getting tired of helping.  I was only live-in assistant for 5 years, even as I made my fortune, the fuck do I know

OTHER sad:  I've done very little research on said potential homes.  I should probably get on that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum

« Reply #111323 on: August 04, 2017, 10:42:34 pm »

honorary hugpile on Kaladin

cuz a real one would be kind of a dick move; don't want to collapse your lungs *again* via internet hugpile
Thank you.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #111324 on: August 05, 2017, 12:17:40 am »

Kaladin! Haven't seen you around in a while, tis somewhat of a relief.

My memory is getting noticeably worse every day these past few weeks. I am often completely unable to remember what I was doing whenever I stand up, sit down, enter a new room, or tab between windows on the computer.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111325 on: August 05, 2017, 12:34:58 am »

Walked through a spiderweb while walking the dog, and a wasp it had caught but not killed yet blamed me for its misfortune and stung me. Fucker got me good, it's been hours and the area around the sting is still swollen. Hopefully it doesn't last as long as the last one, I had almost a week of it when a yellowjacket got me last summer.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #111326 on: August 05, 2017, 08:03:48 am »

Walked through a spiderweb while walking the dog, and a wasp it had caught but not killed yet blamed me for its misfortune and stung me. Fucker got me good, it's been hours and the area around the sting is still swollen. Hopefully it doesn't last as long as the last one, I had almost a week of it when a yellowjacket got me last summer.

Be glad you aren't me, or you'd be dead or trying to figure out how to pay enormous medical bills plus the 300 ish dollars for a new epipen. Granted, I am not trying to detract from your sad. It could have been worse though.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Boatsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep Moving Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #111327 on: August 05, 2017, 12:58:18 pm »

-snip-
Posted another chapter. Even fewer replies than the last one.

Granted, not much happened, and I said that the 'juicy bit' is coming up next chapter. Maybe they're waiting for that. Yeah. Think positively.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #111328 on: August 05, 2017, 03:00:25 pm »

And that, friends, is why you dony save wasps. Ungrateful bastards.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111329 on: August 05, 2017, 03:09:53 pm »

I still save wasps, but that's more because they don't get mad when you capture them in a glass and release them outside, but they do get mad if you try to swat them and miss.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7420 7421 [7422] 7423 7424 ... 8168